PDA

View Full Version : Media Day Gripes

JPSEMP
01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Here are a few of my media day gripes today.

Deion Sanders - The fact that he can hold a job where he gets paid to talk should be an encouragement to those wanting to get in to this field.

Marshall Faulk - See above comment

Hines Ward - I love Hines play as much as any other Steeler fan but enough of the knee. Holding the microphone up to his knee to be interviewed was a definite low point.

James Harrison - Would have liked to heard his response to a stupid question or two.

NEPAsteeler
01-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Deion Sanders is an a$$hole, imo.

I just don't like Marshal Faulk.

Hines was just having some fun.

James Harrison just doesn't know how to handle those questions yet :flap:

JPSEMP
01-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Deion Sanders is an a$$hole, imo.

I just don't like Marshal Faulk.

Hines was just having some fun.

James Harrison just doesn't know how to handle those questions yet :flap:

It would have been great though if a team mate could have convinced someone to ask him if he felt his play was overrated or if he was only a product of a good system.

NEPAsteeler
01-27-2009, 10:25 PM
It would have been great though if a team mate could have convinced someone to ask him if he felt his play was overrated or if he was only a product of a good system.

I'll agree with you on that one. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Here are a few of my media day gripes today.

Deion Sanders - The fact that he can hold a job where he gets paid to talk should be an encouragement to those wanting to get in to this field.

Hines Ward - I love Hines play as much as any other Steeler fan but enough of the knee. Holding the microphone up to his knee to be interviewed was a definite low point.

James Harrison - Would have liked to heard his response to a stupid question or two.

Deion Sanders - assholes have a purpose in life. Deion Sanders doesn't.

Marshall Faulk - he was a much better RB than he is a color commentator.

Hines - Awww c'mon - he was just having a little light-hearted fun!

Silverback - He's not a conversationalist by nature and that's fine by me. He does all of his talking on the field. :tt03:

devilsdancefloor
01-27-2009, 10:34 PM
1. sanders - He doesnt really likethe steelers and it is really really funny to watch any interview where he is talking to any steeler.

2. faulk - i really have no bad things to say about him at this point.

3. hines - i really think he is just having FUN which he should be! I think the interview with the knee is a slap inthe face to everyone who keeps commenting on "will he play". Best part i thknk they do not even realize it.

4. He is SMILING i smell a big big game for him!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

(Just sit back and enjoy!! As much as i would love to think this is gonna be a every year thing i know better! I lived thru mark malone and dwight stonehands.)

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

NEPAsteeler
01-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Silverback - He's not a conversationalist by nature and that's fine by me. He does all of his talking on the field. :tt03:

And that is all that we ask of him :tt03:

silverbackattack
01-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I heard Ellis Canon (spelling) say something tonight on his preview about Hines being asked if he ever wore lingerie.

They've got to be kidding, right?

OneForTheToe
01-28-2009, 01:06 AM
1. sanders - He doesnt really likethe steelers and it is really really funny to watch any interview where he is talking to any steeler.

2. faulk - i really have no bad things to say about him at this point.

3. hines - i really think he is just having FUN which he should be! I think the interview with the knee is a slap inthe face to everyone who keeps commenting on "will he play". Best part i thknk they do not even realize it.

4. He is SMILING i smell a big big game for him!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

(Just sit back and enjoy!! As much as i would love to think this is gonna be a every year thing i know better! I lived thru mark malone and dwight stonehands.)

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Deon was, is and always will be an *ss. That said, all week he has been saying the Steelers D is so good that he gives the Steelers the edge over the Cards' O. Still a huge butt hole .... I'm just saying.

I thought that was funny with Hines.

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Deon also told Ryan Clark he put Wills Mcgahee in the Ice Cream Truck. Which i found funny.

lambertlunaticfan
01-28-2009, 04:01 AM
as a player,deion was one of my favorites,but as a person talking and giving insights,wow...i mean if youre job means that you have to be somewhat of a spokesman should'nt you know how to spoke.......and i agree,marshall is in the same league,i hate when the games are on nfl network like last years steelers vs rams game and they were the annoucers doing the game........i love the steelers,but you could'nt pay me to watch media day,i give you alot of credit if you watched it,youre a better fan than i am:hatsoff:.......the whole stubiness of it is too much for me.......Here are a few of my media day gripes today.

Stevo
01-28-2009, 06:00 AM
I disagree. I have always hated Deion Sanders as a player and now as a talking head. He is difficult to watch, hard to understand, and has no chemistry with Rich Eisen.

But... I will say this about him: he actually asks the hard questions. Nearly all other media types talk trash on air but when actually confronting that player, they go soft, backtrack, or just change their attitude. Deion will call out a player then back it up right on camera. I have even seen him straight up admit he was wrong. He didnt have to let Ryan Clark challenge him on air, but he did, and they planned that in advance just for the cameras. Now that is what I want our of a sports analyst. Leave the stupid "Madden Video Game" questions to the 10 year olds.

And Ward was being a smart a$$ with his knee interview. All the media talking about his injury is getting ridiculous... Why not just let them interview the freakin knee? I love it!

markymarc
01-28-2009, 08:20 AM
I can't stand Faulk or Deion. They both suck at their current jobs.