PDA

View Full Version : Kordell Says anyone could be QB in Pittsburgh

Carolina Steelers
01-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Kordell gives Ben no credit for what he does. He even said Tarvaris Jackson could be our QB and get the same results. Skip Bayless accuses Kordell of sour grapes because he couldnt get it done when he was here. I used to still still give Kordell a little credit but now I just lost all respect from him. When Stewart was our and we got behind the game was over. But with Ben I dont feel that way we always got a chance

BlastFurnace
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I usually despise Skip Bayless, but this was funny.

Kordell said that Tavarius Jackson could lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl on ESPN 1st & 10.

Skip Bayless replied to him "To me, it sounds like you have sour grapes because you couldn't lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl."

Looks like Kordell has kept his mode of incompetence from the football field to the broadcast booth.

Hines0wnz
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Eh.... :coffee:

fansince'76
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Yep, I'm sure Tavaris Jackson could have converted all those 3rd-and-longs against the Ravens when our running game was going nowhere. Uh-huh. Shut up already, Kordell. :coffee:

XxKnightxX
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Man Kordell shut him up a couple of weeks ago, but that was just plain retarted lol.

ShutDown24
01-28-2009, 01:57 PM
I like how whenever Kordell says something in favor of the Steelers, we say he slammed Bayless, but when Bayless says something positive about the Steelers... Not trying to be a jerk but that's the truth of the matter.

BlastFurnace
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I like how whenever Kordell says something in favor of the Steelers, we say he slammed Bayless, but when Bayless says something positive about the Steelers... Not trying to be a jerk but that's the truth of the matter.

It's just the irony of what Kordell is saying. He was the QB of two teams in Championship Games where he played horribly.

Edman
01-28-2009, 02:03 PM
If Kordell was our Quarterback against the Ravens or perhaps even the Chargers, we'd probably be sitting at home right now.

Korkie's just jealous Ben is ten times the Quarterback he ever hoped to be. Tavaris Jackson? What a joke. Kordell's legacy is throwing interceptions in big games. Ben's legacy is winning.

fansince'76
01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
If Kordell was our Quarterback against the Ravens or perhaps even the Chargers, we'd probably be sitting at home right now.

No probably about it. He would've served up at least one pick-six to Ed Reed and we'd be sitting at home right now. His specialty was throwing backbreaking interceptions in AFCCGs.

millwalldavey
01-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Kordell was an outstanding athlete. But as a QB... I'd prefer Bubby. He was a terrible QB.

SteelCurtain7
01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Krydell needs to shut his flaming pie-hole.

For once, I side with Skip Clueless.

Stlrs4Life
01-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Then how come he couldn't? He had a better OL, and better running game, and the D was almost as good.

SC Steeler Steve
01-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Bless his heart, he should have stayed slash and been done with it. I have always been a K-Dell fan. I always said if we get a QB we will win the SB. Now we have one and are fixin to win our second since his arrival. GO FIGURE.

LukesDad88
01-28-2009, 06:35 PM
What do you expect from Kordell. I lost any respect for the guy the moment he cried on the bench after being benched.

devilsdancefloor
01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
He made himself look like a ass!

Cheppy
01-28-2009, 08:12 PM
I saw it when I aired & I couldn't believe he said that. He even insinuated that he'd be able to lead the 08 Steelers to the big game. In the 4 playoff games that piece of shit started he threw 2 td passes & 8 ints. Helen Keller at quarterback would've given the Steelers a better chance of winning a super bowl than that sap sucka. And she's been dead for 40 years.

KeiselPower99
01-28-2009, 08:19 PM
What a tool Kordell is.

SteelerFan091472
01-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Kordell fits in with the other tools over there at "The Worldwide Leader In Crap".

Edman
01-29-2009, 04:20 PM
No probably about it. He would've served up at least one pick-six to Ed Reed and we'd be sitting at home right now. His specialty was throwing backbreaking interceptions in AFCCGs.

Not only Ed Reed, but Jim Leonard or any of the Ravens Linebackers. When it came to throwing hat trick interceptions and playing like absolute shit in big games, Kordell was the man. Another reason why these fans come on these boards to say Ben sucks are so annoying. I wish Time Machines existed so we have those fans relive the Kordell Era.

Bill Romanowski was a jackass, but he was absolutely right when he taunted Korkie in the 1997 AFC Title game. Sometimes the truth hurts.

SteelCurtain7
01-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Krydell= sour grapes. :rolleyes:

drizze99
01-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Korky is a jackass.... Always was and always will be

fansince'76
01-29-2009, 05:18 PM
When it came to throwing hat trick interceptions and playing like absolute shit in big games, Kordell was the man. Another reason why these fans come on these boards to say Ben sucks. I wish Time Machines existed so we have those fans relive the Kordell Era.

Don't forget that he was also quite proficient at either one-hopping passes to or rocketing passes over the heads of wide-open receivers, and telegraphing his passes, and staring at an oncoming rush like a deer in the headlights instead of looking for a receiver downfield. People who bitch about Ben now must have either forgotten all the 5-27 for 61 yards and 3-4 INTs kinds of statlines on Sundays or they started following the team after he already left.

JackHammer
01-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Kordell gives Ben no credit for what he does. He even said Tarvaris Jackson could be our QB and get the same results. Skip Bayless accuses Kordell of sour grapes because he couldnt get it done when he was here. I used to still still give Kordell a little credit but now I just lost all respect from him. When Stewart was our and we got behind the game was over. But with Ben I dont feel that way we always got a chance

Well I actually agree with Skip for once. Ole Korky would've thrown a pick if he tried that pass that Ben made to Holmes against the Rat turds. In a game with that kind of defense being played, I'm convinced Korky would've made at least 3 critical mistakes. AT LEAST. What a fkn joke. YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED @ WR, KORKY! Now move on and quit trying to convince yourself that it wasn't your own damn stubborn fault and that, somehow, you'd be able to get it done if only you had a better team around you. :mad: