PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Need More Penalties to Win.

Preacher
01-28-2009, 05:54 PM
So I am watching the NFL network.

The teams that win in the SB actually gets MORE penalties by quite a large margin.

They were debating that it comes from an aggressive defense hitting a little late after the whistle, etc.

Just thought I would throw that up there....

Willie Colon, SB MVP for winning the penalty stat? :chuckle:

Steel_Bus_24
01-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Don't worry....I expect massive amounts of BS coming from the refs in this game

The NFL will be out to prove they don't favor the Steelers because of XL

which of course is complete bullsh** made up by whining cryhawks

SteelCurtain7
01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
So I am watching the NFL network.

The teams that win in the SB actually gets MORE penalties by quite a large margin.

They were debating that it comes from an aggressive defense hitting a little late after the whistle, etc.

Just thought I would throw that up there....

Willie Colon, SB MVP for winning the penalty stat? :chuckle:

:rofl:

steelreserve
01-28-2009, 06:23 PM
As long as I don't have to watch any more horseshit pass interference penalties that put the ball on the 1-yard line. Sorry, but that should not be a free touchdown. Yet something tells me the Cardinals will get one of those mostly based on reputation.

Preacher
01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Cmon Colon......blow another 50+ yard TD for us! :flap:. Lol jk. Eh, ive never really cared for those oddball stats. They dont seem to make a serious impact in the outcome of the game. One things for sure, more penalties on us throughout the game is going to give people like me more frowny faces :pin:

Honestly, I do think the stat is reflective of something. . . The aggressiveness of the team.

steelreserve
01-28-2009, 06:40 PM
which of course is complete bullsh** made up by whining cryhawks

You know, based on this Seattle, ought to be HAPPY about getting called for penalties, because it helps you win.

And they still couldn't get it done.

CPanther95
01-28-2009, 07:21 PM
I don't think false starts have the same kind of intimidating effect.

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
The Cards will need many flags in this game so they can stay in it...nobody tunes in to a second half of a blowout...

Preacher
01-28-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think false starts have the same kind of intimidating effect.

Just depends how hard you come off the line and smack the DL :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
You know, based on this Seattle, ought to be HAPPY about getting called for penalties, because it helps you win.

And they still couldn't get it done.so the steelers overcame THIER penalties......:scratchchin:

SteelMember
01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Here are some more stats from NFL Network.

Super Bowl record by stat : Stat W-L
More rush attempts 36-4
Higher yards/pass attempt 37-5
Better avg. field position 37-5
More total yards 36-6
Lead after third quarter 35-6
More rush yards 35-7
Better third down percentage 29-9

I think I'll just go with, Most points after fourth quarter. :thmbup:

Must Wine, Can NO Lose! :tt03:

rbryan
01-29-2009, 10:02 AM
You beat me to it.

Must have more penalties to win and lose no more games.

Stillers have never won a 4:15 game when they have less penalties.......lol

rbryan
01-29-2009, 01:38 PM
You sound like me now.

As long as they're capable of doing that why stop there. I can't help but wonder sometimes if the outcome is pre determined and then manipulated thru the officiating. You have to admit it sure seems that way sometimes. As long as you call more penalties on the winning team in the end it's pretty hard to say it's fixed right??

If so, the best we can hope for is that the "powers that be" are rigging it our way this Sunday??

Here we go refs, here we go!!!

Being a natural born pessimist really sucks sometimes.....

DACEB
01-29-2009, 03:14 PM
It's reflective of the Refs beign told to keep it interesting. Why else and in what other season game would you have the most penalized team still winning most of the time. refs are doing thier best to keep it in check and make it a game worth watching.

BINGO!!

conservativesteelers
01-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Depends how many times, if any that they call the guy blocking Harrison for holding. The Ravens got away with it on just about every play, and the refs just turned up their noses.