PDA

View Full Version : Will Raymond James be a Factor? I think so

XxKnightxX
01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Lets face it, The Steelers will invade Raymond James just as they did with Ford Field. Do you guys think that the stadium noise will play a factor? I think so. It wont be an overwhelming factor, but if they Steelers fans can get loud enough when they are on defense they can force the Cards to go into a silent count and the possibility of causing illegal motions and false starts. Bear in mind that the Cards were right next to the Cowboys fighting for the most penalties in the regular season so they are a team that may let their emotions over flows and have some yellow hankies over them. Not that it will win the game but I think that it will be a factor within the game.

So Steeler fans attending, make the most noise that you can possibly make.:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

tony hipchest
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
matt hasselwhine was on radio complaining today that in sb xl they had to go silent count right away.

they cried to the refs that they thought the steelers were repeatedly offsides, but the refs explained to them that the steelers were simply getting a better jump off the ball.

it WILL be a home game for the steelers, once again.

goodell has already implemented a plan that when the steelers next make it to a superbowl (ie next year) it will be held in their opponents stadium to atleast cut the steelers crowd down to 60%.

Steelers
01-28-2009, 08:06 PM
goodell has already implemented a plan that when the steelers next make it to a superbowl (ie next year) it will be held in their opponents stadium to atleast cut the steelers crowd down to 60%.

What are you talking about?

The Duke
01-28-2009, 08:09 PM
It'll definitely affect the cards. They know already after seeing their own stadium full of terrible towels in the 2007 game :tt02:

We REALLY need a scarcasm smiley

HometownGal
01-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh I think the Steelers will be very well represented at RayJay and as always, the noise will be almost deafening. :tt02:

But, but, but - Wiz knows that already because he was the OC in XL at Ford Field. /sarcasm. :chuckle:

realdeal
01-28-2009, 08:39 PM
I can't stand Matt Hasselbeck. That guy is still whining about the SuperBowl loss. Guess who he is picking to win the game?

His wife on the other hand is pretty hot though.

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Steelers Fans will definately be going wild at raymond james.

MACH1
01-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I can't stand Matt Hasselbeck. That guy is still whining about the SuperBowl loss. Guess who he is picking to win the game?

His wife on the other hand is pretty hot though.

I think your talking about his brothers wife. :noidea:

shevdog
01-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I've heard estimates that 40,000 Steelers fans will be in attendance. Knowing that we don't need the PA to get us going, we'll get loud when the Defense is striking and will be quiet when "Ben at work"! I expect to hear several times "Here we go Steelers, here we go"!

Gotta love the Steelers Nation!

stlrtruck
01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
There's one team in the NFL that has the fan base to travel to wherever the game is played - even if it were played on the moon - Steelers fans are going to do what they can to get there!!!

tony hipchest
01-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I think your talking about his brothers wife. :noidea:
why? is she still whining about a presidential loss? :sofunny:

tony hipchest
01-28-2009, 10:31 PM
:huh:

just stuff.

Statik
01-28-2009, 10:33 PM
There's one team in the NFL that has the fan base to travel to wherever the game is played - even if it were played on the moon - Steelers fans are going to do what they can to get there!!!

People from PA definitely travel, but I think a bigger factor is how many people from PA got transplanted out of the area, but kept the love for the Steelers. I know where I live there's gotta be about 20+ steelers bars, and all of them are packed on gamedays.....

:tt03:

TampaSteelerFan
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
By the looks of things so far this week, the ratio will be about 100-1 for Steeler fans here in the Bay! The Cards are TOAST come 6:30 on Sunday!

markymarc
01-29-2009, 06:46 AM
I can't wait until Sunday to see how many terrible towels will be invading Raymond James stadium. There will be plenty of noise generated by the Steeler Nation :tt02:

PGH_Futbol
01-29-2009, 07:41 AM
If stadiums are a factor in determining wins and losses, it's definitely the case for the Cards. They were a reasonable 6 for 8 at home during the regular season - losing just 2 non-division games. Got to point out that their 3 non-division wins happened BEFORE their bye week too.

They lost all 5 of their non-division road games, but did win out against their division rivals.

On the road they won against their division by an average of 13 points, but lost to the non-division teams by an average of 20 points.

@ home they won by an average of 17 points against both the division and non-division teams. Their 2 home losses to the non-division teams were by an average of 14.5 points (MIN & NY).

They were 2-2 against the AFC (both wins at home). 3 of the 4 games played prior to their bye week in week 7.

Oh - and their 3 division opponents combined record has 1 fewer win than our Steelers. 13 wins and 35 losses.

So those 6 division wins count for about as much as the lint in my pocket is worth. But my point is that home field is important to the Cards. Two of their playoff wins were at home. BUT their average "win-by points" dropped from 17 to 6.5.

Their LONE road non-division win came in the playoffs to the tune of a 20 point blowout against the Pansyturds. But any team will win when your opponent turns it over 6 times. (except for the 1975 Steelers - but that's the Steelers and its not fair comparing any team to them). Don't forget that Carolina scored on its opening possession - things may have been different in that game if DelBoneHead didn't get stupid.

So - winning in your home stadium seems to be important for the Cards - total 2008-09 record of 8 wins and 2 losses. BUT in the opponents stadium or away from University of Phoenix Stadium against teams that count (READ: not their division) they are a paltry 1 win and 5 losses.

I don't think they would've won in Carolina if not for the Turnovers.

Home field is important to the Cards... and they won't have that in Tampa.

stillers4me
01-29-2009, 07:47 AM
I can't wait to see a stadium full of Terrible Towels again for a Superbowl! One of my favorite moments of XL was watching Franco Harris pull that towel out of his jacket! The place went nuts!

Rock on, Steelers Nation! :tt03:

Jackal
01-29-2009, 08:22 AM
I read somewhere that Ray Jay has a capacity of 65,857, but is expandable to 75,000. I would assume they would be expanding the capacity for the Super Bowl, right?

If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see 50,000+ Steelers fans there.

TampaSteelerFan
01-29-2009, 10:33 AM
I read somewhere that Ray Jay has a capacity of 65,857, but is expandable to 75,000. I would assume they would be expanding the capacity for the Super Bowl, right?

If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see 50,000+ Steelers fans there.

Yea they brought in a bunch of temporary seats and put them on the decks behind the end zones for this game. The place will be loaded with terrible towels. Whiz knows this too, and probably cant sleep at night right now! :tt03:

XxKnightxX
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Yea they brought in a bunch of temporary seats and put them on the decks behind the end zones for this game. The place will be loaded with terrible towels. Whiz knows this too, and probably cant sleep at night right now! :tt03:

He knows this without a shadow of a doubt, I wouldnt be surprised if they were practicing the whole week with a silent count.

SteelerFanInCA
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm expecting to see lots of black & gold in the stadium. Looking forward to seeing all the waving Terrible Towels. :tt:

MaidenIndiana
01-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I think the biggest impact, along with all the Steeler fans in attendence, will be that the game will be played out doors. The Cards prefer to ply their home games with the retractible roof closed. The day of the NFC championship game it was sunny and 76 degrees, yet the Cards wanted the roof closed. From the pictures I've seen there is no roof on Raymond James