PDA

View Full Version : Earl Holmes

BigManDan52
12-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Every1 remembers Earl Holmes, He was a great Linebacker for the Steelers and when he went to the Cleveland Browns he loved to play his former team. At the beginning of the season he said, "I can't wait to play the steelers. I want to show them what they are missing out on." Well Earl in my opinion we aren't missing out on anything. I mean look at his numbers compared to James Farrior and Larry Foote. Heck I'm glad we got rid of his old a##

BB2W
12-31-2005, 01:50 AM
Yeah, he's not even playing this Sunday. The Lions put him on IR a couple weeks ago.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2005, 02:20 AM
Earl was not resigned for the money he wanted becuz he wasnt fast enough to play in coverage so it was a necessary loss...that being said he was a solid LB for us and I was sad to see him go.

clevestinks
12-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Cleveland messed up by paying Earl that much $. He was a good 3-4 lb, but not fast enough to be the lone ilb in a 4-3

Stlrs4Life
12-31-2005, 10:30 AM
He hasn't done nothing since leaving us. Or anything against us for that matter.

Steelerbabe28
01-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Earl Holmes was a beast in the redzone. You guys are right though, he wasnt an every down LB and Butch davis would over pay just to get free agents to go to Cleveland. If Im not mistaken, I thought I saw Earl Holmes play against us in the playoffs for Cleveland. Its not like he was a bad player after he left us, definately not a probowler though.