PDA

View Full Version : Whiz to replace Capers ?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2005, 02:22 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_408768.html

Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt's name was thrown into the mix as a possible replacement for Houston coach Dom Capers, who is expected to be fired after the Texans' season finale against San Francisco on Sunday. The Houston Chronicle listed him as a potential candidate for the job, along with several other coordinators, including Gary Kubiak of Denver, Jerry Gray of Buffalo and Ron Rivera of Chicago, among others

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2005, 02:23 AM
I hope not, I mean damn Im really tired of losing coaches.. especially since Russ is in line to interview for the Lions job.. I know its an honor and all for them and its a tribute to the Rooneys and Cowher for selecting them to their current positions but geez can we keep a coaching staff together for more than 2 years in a row ???

Prosdo
12-31-2005, 03:03 AM
I couldn't agree more. Always seems like this one is in and now that ones leaving.

TasmanianTroy271
12-31-2005, 03:10 AM
Geeze, could you imagine us losing our Offensive coordinator AND our O-Line coach at the same time? I'm sure we'd handle it, beause the FO always gets good people and we already have wonderful vets like Faneca and Hartings and Ward and Ben to keep things intact offensively, but that would really be a downer.

clevestinks
12-31-2005, 08:34 AM
We losw more asst. than any team it seems. I hope they go after Kubiak instead. You have to admit though, Cowher and company do a great job of promoting the right people, and bringing in the right people to get the job done.

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Whiz Stay here were you are a Whiz at running at great Offenses for the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2005, 12:26 PM
I think Wiz is probably fairly safe at this point..he's still pretty young as far as being an offensive coordinator so they may go w/ a more veteran assistant coach to become the next head coach.. but then again look at mularkey..

Rotorhead
12-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Mularkey sucked IMO, glad he is gone! Kubiak, in the past, has never expressed interest in going anywhere, wants to stay in Denver. If you look at the assist. coaches that have been taken from us and made into head coaches . . . have any of them done any good? Haslet, Mularkey . . . uh cant think of any other now haha.

tony hipchest
12-31-2005, 01:12 PM
hes not ready to be a head coach. c. weiss had to win 3 sb's before he even got a college hc position. all these teams think theyre gonna strike gold and get another cowher when they hire the steelers assistants. these assistants are really good because of cowher and how the team is run. very few have been able to stand on their own with out him. lebeau, capers, gailey etc.

Steelerbabe28
01-01-2006, 11:00 AM
It seems like Cowher has been putting out more head coaches then Parcells.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Cowher knows how to last longer in a place like Pittsburgh Longer than others.