PDA

View Full Version : CARDS PLAYERS DISSING THEIR FANS

eden
01-28-2009, 10:18 PM
i just seen a report on my local news that cards fans in tampa were pissed off at the players for walking right by them and not signing autos one cards fan even said go steelers :flap: :applaudit: :tt02:

tony hipchest
01-28-2009, 10:33 PM
FALSE REPORT-

cards dont have fans.

IAWarnerFan
01-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Without a link, it doesn't mean anything! :flap:

tony hipchest
01-28-2009, 10:40 PM
even with a link, it means nothing.

eden
01-28-2009, 10:42 PM
look i dont know how to put a link in here but i wouldnt lie about that i seen it on channel 9 news which if yo can find a website it is wtov9 news they really did say that

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-29-2009, 12:18 AM
i just seen a report on my local news that cards fans in tampa were pissed off at the players for walking right by them and not signing autos one cards fan even said go steelers :flap: :applaudit: :tt02:

Fans? You mean they have fans?

Here is the difference between Steeler and Cardinal fans. I was listening to The Drive on Espn and Eddie Crow made this comment ---

Crow: "I just received a message the Tampa airport is puking Black and Gold and they're streaming off the planes into Tampa by the boatloads." :toofunny:

Now that is what I am talking about. :tt02::tt02:

SC Steeler Steve
01-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Fans? You mean they have fans?

Here is the difference between Steeler and Cardinal fans. I was listening to The Drive on Espn and Eddie Crow made this comment ---

Crow: "I just received a message the Tampa airport is puking Black and Gold and they're streaming off the planes into Tampa by the boatloads." :toofunny:

Now that is what I am talking about. :tt02::tt02:

WHOOOOOOOOO
HELL YEAH!!!

hindes204
01-29-2009, 12:43 AM
this will definitely be more like a home game for us...im guessing something like 85% steeler fans........THATS HOW WE ROLL BABY

Galax Steeler
01-29-2009, 03:32 AM
FALSE REPORT-

cards dont have fans.

I guess they just lost the only 5 or 6 they had.:toofunny:

eden
01-29-2009, 09:10 AM
you would think they would treat the few they have good instead of being arogant :noidea:

Jackal
01-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Ugh!!! I would cut off various parts of my anatomy to be there (not the fun ones).

Oh, the cruel irony...I've been to 9 games this year, including 2 road games, and every year for the past 3 years I've travelled to Tampa this very week for business. Just a couple of months ago, I got a new assignment, so no Tampa trip.

We need more fan pics from Tampa! I want to live vicariously through my fellow members of Steeler Nation.

rbryan
01-29-2009, 09:18 AM
90% of the "Cardinal fans" in Tampa this week are really Cleveland, Baltimore, Cincy, NE....etc fans in disguise.

Arizona doesn't have many fans that were paying attention long enough to get a decent airfare to Tampa. From my experience you need to book those economy fares 3-4 weeks in advance.

stlrtruck
01-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey did you ever think the players were focused or on their way to a meeting. And if you stop to sign one, you'll sign a hundred.

I heard from a parent of a USF Student that Steelers players didn't stop to sign autographs after practice. What's that mean? To me, it means they are focused and have things to do - autographs can come later.

Besides if you only came to Tampa for autographs, why not just wait for training camp next year?

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey did you ever think the players were focused or on their way to a meeting. And if you stop to sign one, you'll sign a hundred.

I heard from a parent of a USF Student that Steelers players didn't stop to sign autographs after practice. What's that mean? To me, it means they are focused and have things to do - autographs can come later.

Besides if you only came to Tampa for autographs, why not just wait for training camp next year?

As much as i enjoy bashing the cardinals and their fans I agree. How do you pick who you are gonna sign for and who you are not. You got bigger fish to fry and i hope your fans understand that. I always go to Latrobe I got a oficial football with about 25 sigs on it. Everyone from Bettis to Hines Ward. If i already have that players signatrue then ill get one for a little cousin on a card or something. If a player does not sign for me i just kinda understand that they are busy and wish them a good season i dont feel blown off or slighted.

The_WARDen
01-29-2009, 10:12 AM
As much as i enjoy bashing the cardinals and their fans I agree. How do you pick who you are gonna sign for and who you are not. You got bigger fish to fry and i hope your fans understand that. I always go to Latrobe I got a oficial football with about 25 sigs on it. Everyone from Bettis to Hines Ward. If i already have that players signatrue then ill get one for a little cousin on a card or something. If a player does not sign for me i just kinda understand that they are busy and wish them a good season i dont feel blown off or slighted.

that's a good view to have. Too many fans feel that it's their god-given right for players to sign their crap, and if they don't sign then it's a personal insult.

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
that's a good view to have. Too many fans feel that it's their god-given right for players to sign their crap, and if they don't sign then it's a personal insult.

Thanks. I played 3 sports all through high school and i know after a bad or tough practice i really just want left alone. A lot of times they have other meetings, intervies or film sessions scheduled especially Super Bowl week i imagine every moment you arent with media or in practice you are sleeping. Unless you are Pac Man and you are at the Scrip Club.

lilyoder6
01-29-2009, 10:24 AM
i wouldn't of been suprised not to get anything signed from them... i mean if it was on media day.. then thats a dif story b/c they are just joking around and asking ?'s.. but oh well

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Fan count update -

They are expecting 41,000 steeler fans to come through the tampa airport today.

That is 41,000 fans flying into Tampa just TODAY.

Can You say HOME Field advantage!!! :tt02::tt02:

TampaSteelerFan
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Hell yes!!! The BLACK & GOLD invasion has begun! This is gonna be the best weekend EVERRRRRRR! :drink:

4xSBChamps
01-29-2009, 10:42 AM
..... cards fans in tampa were pissed off at the players for walking right by them and not signing autos.....

both of them?
:noidea:

kittenfantastico76
01-29-2009, 10:49 AM
I can't wait to see the crowd at this game - I hope the roar of the crowd deafens the Card players!!! I always enjoy when our guys hype up the crowd to intimidate the other team! GO STEELERS and STEELERS FANS!

4xSBChamps
01-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Fan count update -

fact w/ link, or speculation?

:drink:

fansince'76
01-29-2009, 11:16 AM

Especially when those fans don't have "boobs!" :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?p=337484#post337484

Sorry, that post still cracks me up. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Hines4ever
01-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Ugh!!! I would cut off various parts of my anatomy to be there (not the fun ones).

Oh, the cruel irony...I've been to 9 games this year, including 2 road games, and every year for the past 3 years I've travelled to Tampa this very week for business. Just a couple of months ago, I got a new assignment, so no Tampa trip.

We need more fan pics from Tampa! I want to live vicariously through my fellow members of Steeler Nation.

I second that......I was thinking just yesterday about blowing off every possible bill I have due this month to scrape up the money to go.......
:tt02:

Cordlisberger
01-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Just Landed in Tampa waiting for my inlaws to pick us up traffic is crazy and there is Black and gold everywhere only 2 cards fans on my flight the rest are STEELER NATION!!!
:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

Hines4ever
01-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Fan count update -

I CAN SAY IT.....HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously got chills reading that and cannot wait to see those beautiful towels 'a wavin!!!!!!
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: :tt02::tt02:

CanadianSteel
01-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Just Landed in Tampa waiting for my inlaws to pick us up traffic is crazy and there is Black and gold everywhere only 2 cards fans on my flight the rest are STEELER NATION!!!

That got me pumped as well. Can't wait to turn on the game day countdown Sunday and watch Steeler Nation take over the stadium... while the commentators say "Gee there are allot of Steeler fans here "

Give hell for us and represent the nation..... man do I wish i could be there....dam knee sugery and crutches....

FightingIrishman
01-29-2009, 04:31 PM
LoL......Cards fan, what the hell is that!!! They are just mad that we will have like 90% of Raymond James filled with our beloved fans!!! By they way have I mentioned I haven't got sh*% done at work this week.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-29-2009, 04:47 PM
fact w/ link, or speculation?

:drink:

They announced it today on ESPN 1250 the Drive with Logan, Crowe and Paulson those were the #'s coming out of the Pittsburgh airport today.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-29-2009, 04:55 PM

I AM JEALOUS --- I wanna go I wanna I wanna I wanna :crying01:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
They couldn't stop to sign all three autographs? :flap: :sofunny:

But seriously, they don't get paid to sign autographs. And I don't blame athletes that don't sign...they have other things to do, they have lives to.

Not to mention, it's not like back in the day when they signed an autograph and the person treasured it...now it gets sold on Ebay for money.

LVSteelersfan
01-29-2009, 05:28 PM

But seriously, they don't get paid to sign autographs. And I don't blame athletes that don't sign...they have other things to do, they have lives to.

Not to mention, it's not like back in the day when they signed an autograph and the person treasured it...now it gets sold on Ebay for money.

I am not an autograph seeker. Players have no obligation whatsoever to sign their names to things. People are just money grubbing jerks who want to get everything signed and hope it is worth money some day. The only signature I got was from Mike Merriweather who was at the Las Vegas home of the Terrible Towel club this year and I had to pay for the signatures.

TeeJay
01-29-2009, 05:45 PM
In the words of Sir 'Beefy' Botham

'Form is temporary, class is permanent'.

1978steeler
01-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Card fans.....hahahahahahah that's like bigfoot & the lockness monster 99.9% sure they don't exist!

RoethlisBURGHer
01-29-2009, 06:16 PM
I am not an autograph seeker. Players have no obligation whatsoever to sign their names to things. People are just money grubbing jerks who want to get everything signed and hope it is worth money some day. The only signature I got was from Mike Merriweather who was at the Las Vegas home of the Terrible Towel club this year and I had to pay for the signatures.

Not to mention people will come up to a celebrity when they are having dinner in a resturant, and even mob thier vehicles at traffic lights.

IAWarnerFan
01-29-2009, 09:54 PM

If I would have been there and if they decided to stop and sign autographs I would have treasured it and not sold it on eBay. I have racing autographs from when I followed that sport. Still, there's a time and place for everything and maybe that wouldn't be it. :noidea:

eden
01-29-2009, 10:21 PM

i agee but if u would have seen the clip u would understand they showed warner signing and other players blowing by i understand they cant just sign autos but they had some pretty ticked off fans

eden
01-29-2009, 10:31 PM
i also would also treasure any autos i could get look i feel like i am being bashed for this post all i am saying is it was an overwhelming # of fans and they did not say anything about any ticked off steelers fans we have great fans i would fight for my team in a heartbeat these fans jumped ship over a missed autograph :thumbsup:

JackHammer
01-29-2009, 10:39 PM
you would think they would treat the few they have good instead of being arogant :noidea:

Would you treat them right if YOU knew that they weren't fans last month? I sure as hell wouldn't:laughing:

eden
01-29-2009, 10:49 PM
hellno i guess ur right i wouldnt ive them a second its just crazy to me because i cant imagine jumping ship i have been a fan so long i feel like the steelers are a part of my family its something me and my wife and all three of my kids do and enjoy together :tt02:

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 10:57 PM

I guess there was some confusion when a 8 yr old boy called Kurt Pap Pap and for safety reasons they couldnt accomadate the other 5.

revefsreleets
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
FALSE REPORT-

cards dont have fans.

Zing!

Beat me too it.