PDA

View Full Version : Van Pelt/Tirico on ESPN Radio Yesterday

SteelStang
01-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Many of you may have heard them at the very end of the show, but it is worth mentioning....

VP made a very eloquent argument that we are now 'America's Team.' No other team travels like we do and no other team has the 'true' following that we do nationally and world-wide. Tirico said the Cowboys may have as many fans, but he felt they were much more of the bandwagon variety and that steeler fans are steeler fans regardless of success. While I agree with much of this, I'd rather have the DC keep the moniker as 'America's Team.' Gives me just one more reason to despise them.

stillers4me
01-29-2009, 08:32 AM
I'd prefer to be known as the "Six time Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers".

Steelcitygal87
01-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah, "America's Team" has drama, and is nothing but one big soap opera. NO THANK YOU :flap:

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!! :tt03::tt03:.

Steelerfreak58
01-29-2009, 08:43 AM
How about AMERICAS BLUE COLLAR TEAM!

No fuss, no hype, no pre-madonnas, always team first mentality. 37 years of being a Steelers fan and I couldn't think of rooting for any other team ever. They may drive you crazy most games but its a crazy well worth the ride.

silverbackattack
01-29-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm going with stillers4me.

Sixburgh has a nice "ring" to it.

Jackal
01-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Judging by the number of Steelers bars and Steelers fans abroad, I think we could have an argument for being called "The World's Team," though I think I like a sign I saw at this years Cowboy's game even better...."God's Team."

MACH1
01-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Were bigger than being only Americas team.

memphissteelergirl
01-29-2009, 10:16 AM
How about AMERICAS BLUE COLLAR TEAM!

No fuss, no hype, no pre-madonnas, always team first mentality.

Now that I could go along with! :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
01-29-2009, 10:21 AM
i could care-less if we are called america's team.. it's just another phrase like this is steeler nation...

7SteelGal43
01-29-2009, 10:26 AM
well, I think Steeler Nation sounds better than Americas Team any day. Every time I hear the Cowboys called Americas Team, it just seems like some self annointed title. We have truly EARNED the phrase Steeler Nation.

KeiselPower99
01-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Steelers Nation is nice but Ill also take Americas real football team.

Steel_Bus_24
01-29-2009, 10:50 AM
ugh technically we are "Americas Team" because we were the first to be asked to hold that title by the president of NFL Films..........Dallas was 2nd...so they're actually "America's #2 Team":sofunny:

Doesn't matter though, we're all about team here and coming together to win:tt03:

4xSBChamps
01-29-2009, 10:52 AM
well, I think Steeler Nation sounds better than Americas Team any day. Every time I hear the Cowboys called Americas Team, it just seems like some self annointed title. We have truly EARNED the phrase Steeler Nation.

:iagree:

Dino 6 Rings
01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
ugh technically we are "Americas Team" because we were the first to be asked to hold that title by the president of NFL Films..........Dallas was 2nd...so they're actually "America's #2 Team":sofunny:

Doesn't matter though, we're all about team here and coming together to win:tt03:

Exactly. Rooney said "No" to NFL Films in the 70s when asked:

Pittsburgh Steelers owner Art Rooney dismissed the suggestion that the Steelers were "America's Team". "'We didn't want that,' Rooney said. 'We're Pittsburgh's team. We feel strongly about that.'"[12]

MaidenIndiana
01-29-2009, 11:28 AM
I'll be happy just to be known as Super Bowl 43 winners:tt: