PDA

View Full Version : TOMLIN Wins

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Motorola Coach of the year - Stan and Guy just announced this on ESPN 1250 no link yet but I'm sure it will be out there shortly.

:tt02:

stillers4me
01-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Of course! :tt03:

Dodt
01-29-2009, 10:30 AM
sweet.

XxKnightxX
01-29-2009, 10:36 AM
He completely deserves it. Some people dont realize the kind of job he did with a brutal schedule that we had this year and to come out 14-4 and aiming for 15-4 and a super bowl ring.

And one of the things that I hate is how they say how he took over a team fresh over the super bowl so he did nothing. People and the media dont realize that taking over a team that has only 2 coaches in 40 years , and a team full of veterans and earning their respect within the second season is one of the most difficult things to do, how many coaches have failed to gain the respect of veteran teams.

Congrats Mike Tomlin, you seriously deserve it, and I will never forget the quotes from the AFCCG speech. "To the fans, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU GUYS."
A coach who really cares and understands what his fans are about.

Fire Haley
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Fans Vote Steelers' Tomlin Coach Of The Year

TAMPA, Fla. -- Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was named "Motorola Coach of the Year" on Thursday.

"It is an honor to be named the Motorola Coach of the Year, especially since this award was voted on by the fans," Tomlin said. "They are the reason we do what we do."

He also said that he accepted the award on behalf of the team's players and coaches, all of which were willing to kick in when they had to. Tomlin said he tries to do the same for them.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/18595072/detail.html

shevdog
01-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Awesome!

I still say Tony Sparano was more deserving, for taking the Dolphins from the bottom to a playoff spot. My hat's off to you Tony! Regardless, that's awesome to see Tomlin get that honor. But I am sure he and Harrison will trade their honors to get SIX for Sixburgh!

fansince'76
01-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Meh. And it was "fan voting" that kept Aaron Smith out of the Pro Bowl and put Dwight Freeney in it. And put Lord Favre in it with 22 picks for the year and kept Rivers out of it (even though Rivers is a punk, he WAS far more deserving). "Fan voting" is exactly why the Pro Bowl is a joke.

steelreserve
01-29-2009, 11:27 AM
What the hell is a Motorola coach?

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 11:33 AM
What the hell is a Motorola coach?

A Million dollar sponsorship a company puts infront of a award.

Much like the The Papajohns.com Bowl.

how stupid. next thinh you know we will have the SuperMyspace.com Bowl 44

steelreserve
01-29-2009, 11:46 AM

I'm waiting for the FedEx Gaza conflict or the Doritos War in Iraq. If we just let them advertise on tanks like they do on city buses, think of all the extra money we could bring in.

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm waiting for the FedEx Gaza conflict or the Doritos War in Iraq. If we just let them advertise on tanks like they do on city buses, think of all the extra money we could bring in.

Reebok m16's and Nike Hand Grenades. Under Armor Body Armor

westcoastransplant
01-29-2009, 11:51 AM

These things cost a lot of money, especially the lower bowl games. As someone who does marketing and sponsorship in sports, I thought things like the papajohns.com bowl was brilliant. Instead of calling it the Papa Johns Bowl, you get the announcer and all the press to mention the website whenever they mention the bowl. If you want traffic to the website, that is exactly the way to go.

Back on topic, congratulations to Coach Tomlin. Gives me another example that I have to shut up and trust the judgement of the Rooneys. They always know the best personell to run this team and make it a contender every year.

sixstringlass
01-29-2009, 05:53 PM

Don't think they won't do it....

Great post. I LOL'd

Stlrs4Life
01-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Congrats coach, well deserved.

Preacher
01-29-2009, 05:57 PM

:doh:

I wonder if it has already been tried.

The Duke
01-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Coach of the year- the coach who wins the super bowl. I prefer him to get that one

still, congrats mike :tt:

JackHammer
01-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Meh. And it was "fan voting" that kept Aaron Smith out of the Pro Bowl and put Dwight Freeney in it. And put Lord Favre in it with 22 picks for the year and kept Rivers out of it (even though Rivers is a punk, he WAS far more deserving). "Fan voting" is exactly why the Pro Bowl is a joke.

That's funny because I always thought it was a joke because they're not allowed to blitz AND none of the players take the game seriously.

devilsdancefloor
01-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Congrads to coach!

Galax Steeler
01-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Way to go Tomlin great job in your second year.:tt02:

SteelCurtain7
01-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Congrats, Coach Tomlin. Here's to victory Sunday!!!!!!!!!! :tt:

fansince'76
01-30-2009, 07:49 AM
That's funny because I always thought it was a joke because they're not allowed to blitz AND none of the players take the game seriously.

That too, but it doesn't help that it's become more of a popularity contest than anything else due to the fan voting.