PDA

View Full Version : GREAT Terrible Towel Article with video of cope

goLERS
01-29-2009, 12:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&page=hotread20/garber
:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt::tt02::tt02:

SteelStang
01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Awesome, I mean awesome article!! As the father of an autistic son, it makes the towel that much better!
:tt::tt03::tt02:

BenIsSuperman7
01-29-2009, 02:51 PM
"The Terrible Towel is poised to STRIKE!" There will never again be anyone like Myron Cope and I miss him just like countless others. But I am proud that we can have his legacy live on in the Terrible Towel forever. And you know he'll be helping us out come Sunday.

HERE WE GO STEELERS

MDSteel15
01-29-2009, 03:04 PM
That's awesome!

TeeJay
01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Fantastic stuff!!! :thumbsup:

Got my TT's all ready and waiting to go, for some frenetic twirling action come Sunday!

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt02::tt02::tt02:

KeiselPower99
01-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Damn good article. It actually brings a tear to my eye.

Steelers
01-29-2009, 03:39 PM
"This is the story of how the disparate worlds of the Allegheny Valley School, where communication is often difficult, and the thunderous, full-throated ecstasy of Pittsburgh's fanatics are tied together by a common, 100 percent-cotton thread, the very fabric of Steeler Nation."

I love it.

varmintjcl
01-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I forwarded a link to this to a friend who decided he was going to be a cardinal fan this season & he just cannot grasp the meaning of the Terrible Towel.

This was his response;

"Troy should take note on the issue of the Terrible Towel that's received so much press the last couple of days surrounding the mayor of Phoenix and the Cardinal's mascot. A Phoenix sports writer was quoted in saying " the Pittsburgh fans found much glory and glee as they posted a picture of a roadside dead Cardinal and little do they know about disrespect is that our last dead Cardinal name was Pat Tillman who lost his life in Afghanistan". A true hero that is our team's symbol and his memory will long surpass a towel."

They just don't get it, do they?

mesaSteeler
01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
I forwarded a link to this to a friend who decided he was going to be a cardinal fan this season & he just cannot grasp the meaning of the Terrible Towel.

This was his response;

"Troy should take note on the issue of the Terrible Towel that's received so much press the last couple of days surrounding the mayor of Phoenix and the Cardinal's mascot. A Phoenix sports writer was quoted in saying " the Pittsburgh fans found much glory and glee as they posted a picture of a roadside dead Cardinal and little do they know about disrespect is that our last dead Cardinal name was Pat Tillman who lost his life in Afghanistan". A true hero that is our team's symbol and his memory will long surpass a towel."

They just don't get it, do they?

Don't waste your time trying to talk to a Turdnial fan. Either they are drunk on bandwagon koolaid or they have been staning out in the "ootball desert (of no wins) and their brains are fried.