PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gets An X-Ray

Cheppy
01-29-2009, 04:18 PM
BIG BEN GETS AN X-RAY
Posted by Mike Florio on January 29, 2009, 11:03 a.m. EST

From the gloom of a Super Bowl week chock full of the same-old canned sound bites comes the first juicy tidbit regarding, you know, the game itself.

We’re told by a source with knowledge of the situation that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger underwent an X-ray on Wednesday on his ribs.

The specific reason for the X-ray isn’t known, and Roethlisberger didn’t appear on the Wednesday injury report.

But Roethlisberger was on the injury report last week, due to an apparent back injury he suffered during the AFC title game against the Ravens. A source close to Roethlisberger tells us that the Wednesday X-ray likely represented an effort to monitor the situation.

So if the injury still presents enough of a concern to justify an X-ray, shouldn’t Roethlisberger at least be mentioned as fully participating in practice despite his lingering injury?

We’ve sent an e-mail to the Steelers requesting confirmation of the X-ray, but we have yet to receive a response.

Source: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/29/big-ben-gets-an-x-ray/

I could've gone without hearing this.

Preacher
01-29-2009, 04:23 PM
BIG BEN GETS AN X-RAY
Posted by Mike Florio on January 29, 2009, 11:03 a.m. EST

From the gloom of a Super Bowl week chock full of the same-old canned sound bites comes the first juicy tidbit regarding, you know, the game itself.

We’re told by a source with knowledge of the situation that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger underwent an X-ray on Wednesday on his ribs.

The specific reason for the X-ray isn’t known, and Roethlisberger didn’t appear on the Wednesday injury report.

But Roethlisberger was on the injury report last week, due to an apparent back injury he suffered during the AFC title game against the Ravens. A source close to Roethlisberger tells us that the Wednesday X-ray likely represented an effort to monitor the situation.

So if the injury still presents enough of a concern to justify an X-ray, shouldn’t Roethlisberger at least be mentioned as fully participating in practice despite his lingering injury?

We’ve sent an e-mail to the Steelers requesting confirmation of the X-ray, but we have yet to receive a response.

Source: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/29/big-ben-gets-an-x-ray/

I could've gone without hearing this.

Its PFT. Consider yourself not hearing it.

Steelcitygal87
01-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah, just saw the report about this on ESPN.. NFL Live right now. Like the article states, probably just to monitor how his injury is healing. He'll be alright.

GO Steelers!!:tt03::tt03:

Fire Haley
01-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Ben said he's fine.

I bet Lefty was sticking pins in Ben's uni again.

steelerdave1969
01-29-2009, 04:39 PM
This season, nothing would suprise me at all with the way Ben has been hurt all season. I will not get excited about anything until gametime or they come on the air and call Ben is out for the game....

GodofGridiron
01-29-2009, 04:46 PM
This is either one of two things...........

1)Nothing........

or

2) Nothing...........The media cant find anyone from either team to launch the first proverbial salvo of sh*t talk and they cant bait anyone into making any guarantees, so guess what ? They need a story........they need something to fill the last 72 hours before game time. Bloodthirsty media for you.........they need something.....anything. Its killin em.

SteelCityMom
01-29-2009, 05:39 PM
This is either one of two things...........

1)Nothing........

or

2) Nothing...........The media cant find anyone from either team to launch the first proverbial salvo of sh*t talk and they cant bait anyone into making any guarantees, so guess what ? They need a story........they need something to fill the last 72 hours before game time. Bloodthirsty media for you.........they need something.....anything. Its killin em.

I'm with you, I think at this point none of them can find anything really meaningful or new to discuss anymore.

Stlrs4Life
01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Its PFT. Consider yourself not hearing it.

It's PFT. Remember the source that said Lebeau to retire, and a couple of seasons ago Terry Bradshaw died?

Burghfan58
01-29-2009, 06:28 PM
More than likely some lingering effects from that cheap shot in the back against the Ratbirds.

goLERS
01-29-2009, 06:35 PM
It is what it is. His ribs are sore from that late shot in the back during BMore game. Knowing rib injuries it probably hurts a bit but come on...there's nothing to see here. Warner's ribs are probably sore from just thinking about Harrison and Woodley coming off the edge.
:tt03:

Steelers
01-29-2009, 07:10 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09029/945554-66.stm

Tomlin denied it. Move along people.

Fire Haley
01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
PFT is a garbage rumor site. Period.

Reporting anything Florio reports as "news" should be a bannable offense.

jjpro11
01-29-2009, 08:41 PM
this is the super bowl.. its all about the drama baby!

stillers4me
01-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Florio's always looking for that big "gotcha" story to make him famous. Especially on us.

Cheppy
01-29-2009, 09:46 PM
PFT is a garbage rumor site. Period.

Reporting anything Florio reports as "news" should be a bannable offense.

Bite me guy. I saw it on NFL live first, typed Ben's name on google & that article is what came up. This is the first I've heard of this Florio dude.

While not a bannable worthy offense, a username like "Killer" should be mocked. At least twice...

SteelCityMom
01-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Bite me guy. I saw it on NFL live first, typed Ben's name on google & that article is what came up. This is the first I've heard of this Florio dude.

While not a bannable worthy offense, a username like "Killer" should be mocked. At least twice...

Before you go jumping on other posters you should know that the link you put with the story is from Profootballtalk.com and was written by none other than the rumor mongol Mike Florio. NFL live is reporting it because Florio reported it, he even says in a couple of his articles that he was the first to report it. He doesn't even link or name specific sources to his articles. The media is just running with this because they need something to run with.

Calm down and know what your posting first.

HometownGal
01-29-2009, 10:08 PM

Take a :chillpill: Most football fans know that PFT is the cesspool of NFL rumor mills. I don't think Killer meant anything derogatory towards you.

Speaking of SN's - everyone knows what a "killer" is. What the hell is a Cheppy? Was there a fourth Stooge I didn't know about? Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
01-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Ha ha! Some people can't take a joke.

Killer was the name of my Brittany, the pheasant dog from hell - I used to feed him the still-beating hearts of the birds he found to keep him happy and my buddies watching this bloody ritual started calling me that too, He was a good dog.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Killer.jpg

speaking of entrails..

Florio is a titstick lawyer from West Virginia that has found a new way to fleece the public.

JackHammer
01-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Big Ben's toughness makes this a non issue AFAIC.

shevdog
01-30-2009, 09:48 AM
That Xray was done to give the Cardinals misinformation, in hopes that Leftwich will play and they finally have evened out the spread. LOL! Ben's fine. He's toughed it out all season.

scsteeler
01-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Ben will be fine as always. It seems like a there is something in the media bout Ben being hurt almost every other week.

Cheppy
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Before you go jumping on other posters you should know that the link you put with the story is from Profootballtalk.com and was written by none other than the rumor mongol Mike Florio.

Strange enough, it does say Profootballtalk.com, article by Mike Florio. Holy shit...

Speaking of SN's - everyone knows what a "killer" is. What the hell is a Cheppy? Was there a fourth Stooge I didn't know about? Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk. :chuckle:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/77717/iron-eagle.jpg

LukesDad88
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Tomlin debunked it today.