PDA

View Full Version : Going stir crazy........

TeeJay
01-29-2009, 04:37 PM
The food is all ready to go, the beers are in, the shirt has been selected, the TTs are raring to twirl, the TV has even been dusted......and there's still one more day at work to get through, not to mention Saturday....AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH....

Will this week ever come to an end?

No sleep 'till Tampa :thumbsup:

And as an aside, a good omen from here in the South-East of England........we have been forecast, as the game is underway overthere, heavy snow showers......and that's Steeler weather!!!

GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Steelcitygal87
01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
The food is all ready to go, the beers are in, the shirt has been selected, the TTs are raring to twirl, the TV has even been dusted......and there's still one more day at work to get through, not to mention Saturday....AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH....

Will this week ever come to an end?

No sleep 'till Tampa :thumbsup:

And as an aside, a good omen from here in the South-East of England........we have been forecast, as the game is underway overthere, heavy snow showers......and that's Steeler weather!!!

GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean...Sunday can not get here fast enough for me either! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

I can not tear myself away from the tv(ESPN) lol, even though they have repeated the same stories and given the same analysis over and over again. I am reading every newspaper I can get my hands on. Listening to ESPN radio constantly...whenever I am in my car, have selected my jersey (white #43), tv has been dusted too..my Steeler plush football sitting on top, and my Terrible Towel freshly laundered..and ready for action!! :tt03::tt03::tt03:. :drink:

What is your shirt selection?

TeeJay
01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
What is your shirt selection?

I decided I'd go with my Reed shirt (I've been neglecting that one too much this season)

*Whispers* Although I will be wearing 7 underneath it. :thumbsup: (That's Ben's shirt, not 7 other shirts .......that would be madness with my central heating!!)

The Tee-Shirts and Hoodies will just be used to adorn the front room!! :tt03:

Steelcitygal87
01-29-2009, 05:44 PM
I decided I'd go with my Reed shirt (I've been neglecting that one too much this season)

*Whispers* Although I will be wearing 7 underneath it. :thumbsup: (That's Ben's shirt, not 7 other shirts .......that would be madness with my central heating!!)

Reed shirt....VERY NICE! Good selection :thumbsup::drink: . Steeler T-shirts and hoodies as decorations...I LOVE IT..

My computer and tv is in my bedroom so I will have these adorning the room.... Steeler t-shirts(6) and Steeler sweatshirts(3), 2 Steeler hats/caps, Steeler fuzzy dice, Steeler stuffed "coach" teddy bear(he is wearing a Steeler leather jacket.... very cool), and various other little Steeler items here and there sitting around on my computer desk.....and last but not least... my Steeler blanket to keep me warm and comfy during the game!!! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!! :tt02:

TeeJay
01-29-2009, 06:21 PM
My computer and tv is in my bedroom so I will have these adorning the room.... Steeler t-shirts(6) and Steeler sweatshirts(3), 2 Steeler hats/caps, Steeler fuzzy dice, Steeler stuffed "coach" teddy bear(he is wearing a Steeler leather jacket.... very cool), and various other little Steeler items here and there sitting around on my computer desk.....and last but not least... my Steeler blanket to keep me warm and comfy during the game!!! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

My Lady, you hath most certainly outdone me. :wink02::thumbsup:

Reed shirt....VERY NICE! Good selection :thumbsup::drink:

Mr Reliable :thumbsup: Everyone loves the Reed-meister!

Steelcitygal87
01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
My Lady, you hath most certainly outdone me. :wink02::thumbsup:

Mr Reliable :thumbsup: Everyone loves the Reed-meister!

Why thank you, kind sir. :blush:

Four grey walls, and four grey towers,
Overlook a space of flowers,
And the silent isle imbowers
The Lady of Shalott.

kevinb_26
01-29-2009, 07:15 PM
and my Terrible Towel freshly laundered..and ready for action!!

Really?? I have NEVER washed my towel...it's actually in pretty bad shape, but I would NEVER dream of washing it :wink02:

Back to the topic though...I really wish I could just go to sleep and wake up around noon on Sunday to start the party...there is so much time to kill...I haven't been able to pay attention to ANYTHING at work all week...

I got Black and Gold on the brain...it's bad :tt03:

Steelcitygal87
01-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Really?? I have NEVER washed my towel...it's actually in pretty bad shape, but I would NEVER dream of washing it :wink02:

Back to the topic though...I really wish I could just go to sleep and wake up around noon on Sunday to start the party...there is so much time to kill...I haven't been able to pay attention to ANYTHING at work all week...

I got Black and Gold on the brain...it's bad :tt03:

OH NO... I ought not to have done that:banging:...what was I thinking??? :wink02:

I know what you mean about paying attention......my mind is focused on nothing else but the game lol...it's a sweet addiction. It is just such an exciting time and GREAT atmosphere around town. I went to the bank today and the tellers were dressed in their Steeler jerseys...decorations up all over the place...everywhere I go it is like that...people dressed up in their Steeler stuff...Terrible Towels hanging up in the windows..etc......it's a beautiful site to behold!! :tt03::tt03:

You know, I could not imagine NOT loving football...I can not remember a time when I didn't. We are so blessed to be fans of the GREATEST football team EVER!!

TeeJay
01-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Well that's it!! The next time I go to work, the game will have been consigned to the annuls of Super Bowl History.

And lets hope it's History making for all the right reasons - First team to 6!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Polamalu Princess
01-30-2009, 01:40 PM
I am really excited too! Time is going by so slooooooooooooowly.

Dawson63
01-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Here is some help for Saturday....

I will be looking forward to the Hall of Fame Class of 2009 announcement that will be made on Saturday...Dermonnti Dawson, Rod Woodson, and Russ Grimm are all finalists.

I think Woodson will get the call and I am really hoping that Dermontti gets the call as well! He deserves it, and he is the reason I am a Steeler fan!:tt::tt02::tt::tt03::tt::tt03::tt:

KeiselPower99
01-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Ive had my towel since 98 and i washed it once but that was back during the summer of Maddox. Anyways Im with yall Sunday cant get here fast enough.

xfl2001fan
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Here is some help for Saturday....

I will be looking forward to the Hall of Fame Class of 2009 announcement that will be made on Saturday...Dermonnti Dawson, Rod Woodson, and Russ Grimm are all finalists.

I think Woodson will get the call and I am really hoping that Dermontti gets the call as well! He deserves it, and he is the reason I am a Steeler fan!:tt::tt02::tt::tt03::tt::tt03::tt:

If Woodson and Dawson don't get in...then the Hall of Farce is worse than I thought. I don't know enough about Grimm to comment further on his chances...but I'm guessing he won't get in...because it's...well...the Hall of Farce.

TeeJay
01-31-2009, 04:43 PM
ok...so in an hour and a half it's Sunday here....which means KO is just over 24 hrs away.

Soooooooooooo.....

2 more hours on here takes it to 22 hours.
I sleep for say 6 hours, that's 16 to go.
6 hours in the pub on Sunday takes it down to 10hrs.
A couple of hours poncing around doing 'stuff' makes it 8.

I've got about 8 hours 'till KO!! :flap: Wooooooooooooooooooooooho. :thumbsup: :wink02:

TeeJay
01-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Saved by the edit button

Gah.......double post alert!!!!!!!!!

No one warned me about those!

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 04:47 PM
i just sat down and watch The Road to XL dvd...and now i'm DYING for it to be Sunday!

steelersfanman92
01-31-2009, 05:03 PM
i just sat down and watch The Road to XL dvd...and now i'm DYING for it to be Sunday! haha!

I did that last week I have been soooooo bored I cant wait for 6:28 tomorrow night

stlrtruck
01-31-2009, 05:27 PM
I've been summoned to perform some club responsibilities tomorrow morning so as the outside party begins, I'll be busy taking care of club needs and by the time it gets finished, I'll have about 4 hours till kick off.

HometownGal
01-31-2009, 06:19 PM

Good choice sweetie! :applaudit::drink: My next Steelers jersey is going to be #3. :drink:

I've worn my Santo shirt for the playoffs and I'm going to wear it again tomorrow. I think he's going to have a nice game tomorrow! :tt03:

No can sleep tonight. :tt02:

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Good choice sweetie! :applaudit::drink: My next Steelers jersey is going to be #3. :drink:

I've worn my Santo shirt for the playoffs and I'm going to wear it again tomorrow. I think he's going to have a nice game tomorrow! :tt03:

i've always worn my throwback Hines Ward jersey for the games. it seems to bring the team luck just by me wearing it. haha!

roroma
01-31-2009, 06:49 PM
A Franco Harris jersey hanging in its place of honor on the mantle. Ward, Big Ben, Polamalu jerseys and favorite T-shirts all around. Isaly's chipped chopped ham, BBQ sauce, and IC Light shipped 1100 miles to the Gulf Coast. Pierogies. Steeler fight songs. Six terrible towels. And . . . my best silky black underwear. Everything ready and waiting - WAITING . . . WAITING! On kickoff, 24 Steeler fan(atics) from MS will pop the tops on their IC LIghts. Let the celebration begin. :tt03:
Have fun, y'all (oops, I mean y'inz). Peace . . . roroma

TeeJay
01-31-2009, 06:54 PM
I've worn my Santo shirt for the playoffs and I'm going to wear it again tomorrow. :

Hope you washed it!! :wink02:

I know what you mean, I've already gone through Steelers The Complete History, and relived SB XL on DVD. Still got America's Game The Pittsburgh Steelers Collection to go through (again), but I have to be up fairly early tomorrow....well, by lunchtime, so I may save that 'till Monday!! :wink02: All being well.

So I'll just stay here an annoy..........talk to you folks!! :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
01-31-2009, 07:05 PM
I have my replica Hines Ward jersey that I'll start the game with and hopefully finish it (which it will be retired once I get home because it's warn out), but I will have Polamalu, Roethlisberger, and Lambert in the truck if I need to change jerseys for any reason.

Harrison92
01-31-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonite!!! I'm lookin for someone on the defense to be MVP! Polumalu maybe or Harrison?:tt03::tt::tt02:

Polamalu Princess
01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Not only am I not going to be able to sleep tonight, during the game I have to sit on my but with lttle movement because of my injury - UGH!!!!

Steelcitygal87
01-31-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonite!!! I'm lookin for someone on the defense to be MVP! Polumalu maybe or Harrison?:tt03::tt::tt02:

Woodley :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Harrison92
01-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Woodley :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Yes! Very well could be!
I'M ABOUT TO EXPLODE I'M SO PUMPED!!!!:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

TeeJay
01-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Farrior is going to be a giant in this game. :thumbsup:

Preacher
01-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Hope you washed it!! :wink02:

ABSOLUTELY NOT

You DO NOT wash jerseys or equipment until the season is over. . .

(Old hockey tradition, you oughta smell that stuff say, around the beginning of February after 3 and a half months of skating 4 times a week!)

Harrison92
01-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Farrior is going to be a giant in this game. :thumbsup:

Poor James Harrison gets held every play cuz nobody can block him:toofunny:He'll get to Warner:rofl:

Preacher
01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
You know... I am starting to wonder if being a preacher helps... because I don't get so revved up the night before!

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 07:59 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT

(Old hockey tradition, you oughta smell that stuff say, around the beginning of February after 3 and a half months of skating 4 times a week!)

i don't wash my stuff unless there is a blood stain or poop on it. the chances of that happening is more common than not...so, i wash my stuff frequently. haha! kidding.

honestly, i don't wash my stuff until the summer time before i go on vacation. i like to rock my Steeler gear on the beach for all the beahc bunnies and hotties. =)

what really sucks is wearing a lot of black and gold AND having a white dog who sheds in the winter. you'd be stunned at how white hair shows up on yellow! haha!

Steelcitygal87
01-31-2009, 07:59 PM
My sister stopped by today with some early birthday presents for me!! My birthday isn't until Feb 4th...but she thought I would like these presents before the game tomorrow...

Steeler plush football guy..he is so cute..has a helmet on and everything! , a Steeler leather wrist band(very nice!), Steeler Bandana, Steeler pennant flag, and a little Steeler football that when you throw it on the ground it says..."TOUCHDOWN STEELERS &HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!" and it was all in a Steeler giftbag. I AM SOOO HAPPY AND PUMPED UP FOR THIS GAME!! More stuff to add to my Steeler collection :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Harrison92
01-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Still going nuts!I'm getting up early and watching all the steeler coverage till the game! I got my terrible towel ready:tt: I got my blitzburgh shirt ready,my steeler socks,and my Ward jersey and hat!!:tt02:

Luv that Black n Gold yo!!:thumbsup:

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 08:00 PM
My sister stopped by today with some early birthday presents for me!! My birthday isn't until Feb 4th...but she thought I would like these presents before the game tomorrow...

Steeler plush football guy..he is so cute..has a helmet on and everything! , a Steeler leather wrist band(very nice!), Steeler Bandana, Steeler pennant flag, and a little Steeler football that when you throw it on the ground it says..."TOUCHDOWN STEELERS &HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!" and it was all in a Steeler giftbag. I AM SOOO HAPPY AND PUMPED UP FOR THIS GAME!! More stuff to add to my Steeler collection :tt03::tt03::tt03:

i got my puppy a little plush football that when you spike it it chants "here we go Steelers! here we go!" and "set..HIKE!" really loud. i thought it'd get annoying after awhile...but it only lasted a day. she ripped the guts out of it and now it's just a plush litte shell i stuff with socks and dog treats! haha!

i have a year old French Bulldog...she's a monster! =)

Harrison92
01-31-2009, 08:03 PM

You never can have too many Steeler goods!:thumbsup:

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 08:03 PM

never, brother, never. =)

TeeJay
01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT

Or until they walk out of the locker room on their own!! :wink02:

And that's what I said to my last Girlfriend. Even showed her the evidence! I haven't seen her since she ran screaming up the road! - Some people!!! Pfft.

Harrison92
01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
i got my puppy a little plush football that when you spike it it chants "here we go Steelers! here we go!" and "set..HIKE!" really loud. i thought it'd get annoying after awhile...but it only lasted a day. she ripped the guts out of it and now it's just a plush litte shell i stuff with socks and dog treats! haha!

i have a year old French Bulldog...she's a monster! =)

I have a 6yr old boxer who loves the steelers and believe it or not hates the dawg pound:mad:He attacks browns fans on command:rofl:

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Or until they walk out of the locker room on their own!! :wink02:

And that's what I said to my last Girlfriend. Even showed her the evidence! I haven't seen her since she ran screaming up the road! - Some people!!! Pfft.

haha! that happens with my underwear alot. weird. -- i'm thinking it MIGHT be the dog stealing then when i'm not looking because i find them with holes all through the butt and crotch area! weird huh!? haha!

KIDDING! =)

Steelcitygal87
02-01-2009, 06:43 AM

:drink: My thoughts exactly!! :tt03::tt03: Getting ready for church now...wearing my Steeler stuff lol..

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!:tt02: