PDA

View Full Version : The mouth that roared

mesaSteeler
01-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Thursday, January 29, 2009
The mouth that roared

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2009/01/mouth-that-roared.html

Thursday, one of the Steelers took some shots at the Arizona Cardinals. And it wasn't somebody anyone would have expected.

It wasn't Anthony Smith guaranteeing a win over New England, but it was surprising none the less.

I was talking to center Justin Hartwig about the offensive line and if getting to the Super Bowl is some vidication for that group when he started questioning the Cardinals a bit.

I'm sure Hartwig didn't really think he was being all that disrespectful as he was doing it, but questioning the team's schedule and talking about how they got pounded by New England when the Steelers beat New England sure won't go over well in Arizona's locker room.

You can read all of Hartwig's comments in Friday's Observer-Reporter.

These guys are obviously getting tired of the constant questions coming from the gathered media.

In fact, it's gotten to the point now where when they see a familiar face from Pittsburgh, you get a reaction like you're an old friend they haven't seen in years.

The two-week lag between the championship games and the Super Bowl is too long, but I really don't see any way around it.

The logistics of having a Super Bowl in different host cities just makes holding the game the week after the championship games unworkable.

Head coach Mike Tomlin was named the Motorola coach of the year today. That one's voted on by the fans, so Steelers fans can give themselves a pat on the back for getting Tomlin that award.

Tomlin put the word "Wetsu" on the black board in the team's locker room Thursday. It's short for We Eat That Shit Up.

Apparently, it's something his high school coach came up with to talk about big plays.

Hammer67
01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Bulletin board material is way overrated and used as media hype for games.

HometownGal
01-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Whelp - if the Cards get their little birdie briefs in an uproar over Hartwig's comments, I'd call them out as hypocrites.

From Karlos Dansby:

Dansby likes how the Cardinals pushed around the Eagles, the one team this season that punished the Steelers like no other, sacking Ben Roethlisberger eight times and manhandling them at the line of scrimmage.

"That's the film we've been watching," Dansby said. "We saw how Philly attacked them with their offence and it was amazing. It was an amazing sight. They came in and did what they wanted to do."

Then the Cardinals went out and beat the team that beat up the Steelers. That makes Smith confident they can stand up to the team few push around.

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Who is this Karlos Dansby you speak about. Does he play baseball in St. Louis. Anyone can beat up on the pirates.

Godfather
01-29-2009, 10:01 PM
The logistics of having a Super Bowl in different host cities just makes holding the game the week after the championship games unworkable.

How? The host city knows years in advance. They can prepare no matter who the teams are.