PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Mendenhall?

Benzbrother
01-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Anybody know what's goin on with Mendenhall right now? I haven't heard anything about him (injury status, etc...) in a really long time. Just wondering if anybody knows what he is up to or if his injury is healing up nicely

BehindSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Anybody know what's goin on with Mendenhall right now? I haven't heard anything about him (injury status, etc...) in a really long time. Just wondering if anybody knows what he is up to or if his injury is healing up nicely

I'm sure he's doing fine. He'll defintely be back next season. He did break his shoulder which takes rest to heal.

Benzbrother
01-29-2009, 09:14 PM
I hope he comes back strong. Do you know if he made the trip down to Tampa?

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 09:19 PM
I am pretty sure he came out at the pep rally. I imagine he went to Tampa

Benzbrother
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh, aite thats sweet. Thanks for the replies

slippy
01-29-2009, 09:29 PM
i saw him in the crowd during a video of troy's media day press conf. so yes, he's in tampa.

heard he has not been seen around heinz at all since the injury. not a good sign, but it probably means nothing.

the jury's still out.

Benzbrother
01-29-2009, 09:31 PM
i saw him in the crowd during a video of troy's media day press conf. so yes, he's in tampa.

heard he has not been seen around heinz at all since the injury. not a good sign, but it probably means nothing.

the jury's still out.

Yea that's why I was wondering what was up with him. I haven't seen him at any of the games and haven't even heard him talked about on any of the radio/tv broadcasts

Hapa
01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
He better be working out his legs so he can run people over!

lilyoder6
01-29-2009, 10:01 PM
it's just like the brady injury.. brady has been rly no-where.. just trying to re-cooperate

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
it's just like the brady injury.. brady has been rly no-where.. just trying to re-cooperate

To bad we couldnt get brady to do that forever.

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Randy Moss must be getting lonely at night

SteelersMongol
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Saw his picture mingling with the other players at the press conference.

ricksteelers55
01-30-2009, 12:52 AM

the jury's still out.

I saw him on the sideline in a couple of games this year including the one against the Ravens in the AFCC

Galax Steeler
01-30-2009, 04:21 AM
He is in Tampa I just hope he is ready for next year and get his carrer started it was short lived last year.

Fire Haley
01-30-2009, 05:16 AM
I read somewhere that his injury has healed - without surgery.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Mendy is in Tampa..... In fact they made a big deal over it because (I guess) Mendy does not come around as much as he should throuout the week for rehab and or voluntary workout by IR players during the regular season and I guess the players and coaches are giving him hell about it.......
I dont know whole story but I hope he changes his workouts come offseason

GBMelBlount
01-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Mendy does not come around as much as he should throuout the week for rehab and or voluntary workout by IR players during the regular season and I guess the players and coaches are giving him hell about it.......

I dont know whole story but I hope he changes his workouts come offseason

If that is true, it's upsetting. I wish there was a way to measure the "fire" in an athlete. I was not the greatest athlete but I remember when I had my complex elbow dislocation in college I was back on the mat in six weeks and worked twice as hard in the off season in order to be 100% for the next season.

The fact that someone with that much athletic ability and potential could apparently be giving less than 100% is something I simply cannot comprehend.

Steelcitygal87
01-30-2009, 06:24 AM
If that is true, it's upsetting. I wish there was a way to measure the "fire" in an athlete. I was not the greatest athlete but I remember when I had my complex elbow dislocation in college I was back on the mat in six weeks and worked twice as hard in the off season in order to be 100% for the next season.

The fact that someone with that much athletic ability and potential could apparently be giving less than 100% is something I simply cannot comprehend.

Yes, unfortunantly there is no way to completely measure a players heart, desire and passion for the game, especially someone so young(although work ethic is a good indicator). Just have to wait and see...time will tell. Not just in football, but in life, eventually a person's true colors will surface.

Remember though, it was said of Ben that he didn't exactly have the greatest work ethic when he first came into the league either. He didn't devote as much time to film study and extra preparation then, as he does now. He obviously made adjustments to how he approaches the game, and takes his role as leader much more seriously now than he did in the past. I love the way he has matured.

GO STEELERS!!

CPanther95
01-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Am I the only one who every time I hear the name Mendenhall, I think of:

Mandelbaum!, Mandelbaum!, Mandelbaum! ???

SteelerDeli_Dad
01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Am I the only one who every time I hear the name Mendenhall, I think of:

Mandelbaum!, Mandelbaum!, Mandelbaum! ???

No you're not...I think the same thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TheSteelCurtain
01-30-2009, 09:40 AM
PRACTICE? PRACTICE?

I hope we dont have a Alllen Iverson in pads on the differant side of the state.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Hes gonna be our surprise factor next year. I love it we go 12-4 in the regular season basically without a consistent running game. Then next season we will have a healthy Willie and Mendy !!!! YES!!!

But first lets get out business done and win this damn game ! Then we will worry about next year! :tt03: