PDA

View Full Version : RB

Benzbrother
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Can I just say I am a little sad that we picked up Mendenhall last year? I would love to see Pittsburgh be able to take a stab at Lesean McCoy late in the first round this year. Anyway.....hopefully we'll be able to pick up a solid offensive lineman to add to Ben's protection for the upcoming seasons

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 09:14 PM
I think Rashard is going to be a lot better back than lesean. He is more of a two headed monster than lesean could be. I hope Mccoy has a good year but i dont think he is anywhere near a first rounder.

Rashard is a big boy and can move pretty well I still feel he will be the best back out of this class. I i would like to see the steelers get someone this year it would be Shonn Greene out of Iowa big strong boy with some legs.

Benzbrother
01-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Yea I pretty much agree with you on Mendenhall. I guess I'm just a little bitter because I'll be attending PITT next year and I wanted Shady to stay another year so I could watch him really hit his stride in the NCAA

kevinb_26
01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
I agree that Mendenhall will turn out to be what the Steelers need...moreso than McCoy. LeSean is another Parker...and as good as Parker can be at times, we need a big guy to push the pile on his own from time to time. We won't be able to replace the ENTIRE O line through the draft/free agency, so a couple of those bums are gonna hang around and we need a big back who can kill clock and keep a drive going.

Mendenhall will be that and more...

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Yea I pretty much agree with you on Mendenhall. I guess I'm just a little bitter because I'll be attending PITT next year and I wanted Shady to stay another year so I could watch him really hit his stride in the NCAA

Larod Stephens is another kid they had from around where i grew up. (They played in the division my high school does know.) Good fast runner once Lesean came on campus he didnt get a pile of action. Pitt has been doign some decent recruiting. Im more of a Note Dame fan myself but still follow Pitt a little.

Benzbrother
01-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Yea I have high hopes for their recruiting classes in the upcoming years. I will be buying season tickets for next season so I hope they can produce another top 25 team without McCoy...

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Yea I have high hopes for their recruiting classes in the upcoming years. I will be buying season tickets for next season so I hope they can produce another top 25 team without McCoy...

Might as well while you are a student. Suck it all in while you can man. Just dont F-Up your grades. Remember D=Diploma.

Benzbrother
01-29-2009, 10:51 PM
haha yea well I'm actually going for grad school so the whole college thing isn't really anything new. I'm definitely going to need grades a little above D lol

TheSteelCurtain
01-29-2009, 10:54 PM
C=Coulda been a lot worse

steelerdave1969
01-31-2009, 06:25 AM
I really believe that Rashard Mendenhall will be a nice back for our future. He does have good size and good speed for his size. I just hope that he works on hitting the hole with his head up and looking ahead better/more.

Potsie
02-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Even though I have the utmost confidence is Rashard as a future back for us, like TheSteelCurtain mentioned, LaRod Stephens-Howling is a pretty solid back, not to mention he's pretty good on special teams. I think he would be a nice FA pick up, and is obviously not garnering any attention because of being backup to Shady McCoy.