PDA

View Full Version : The Most Important Player for The Steelers......

SteelerFanInATL
01-29-2009, 11:54 PM
................ could be Sweed if Ward is not effective or aggravates his knee. I hope he has been doing some extra pass catching drills. If that were to happen, then there would be more attention on Holmes and Washington leaving Sweed with possible one on one coverage.

tony hipchest
01-30-2009, 12:01 AM
big ben > SWEEEED

infact m. moore could be a bigger impact player than sweed.

but if hines cant go sweed will have an important role to play.

i have faith in him to produce.

Benzbrother
01-30-2009, 12:14 AM
I would love to see Sweed suprise everybody and come up with a big performance. I can't help but feel bad for the kid after dropping those couple of passes in the playoffs. I just think he needed to get the jitters out a bit due to the fact that he didn't get very many reps during the reg. season

IceColdSteel43
01-30-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't care who does sh*t as long as we walk away with a 6th trophy!

devilsdancefloor
01-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Sweed has shown he can beat DB's just if he can hang out to the dang ball! It seemed after he got that hit on Ivy he got his head and hands into the AFCCG! I hope he has a great night!!

steelreserve
01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
I'd think if Ward is out, then it'd be nice to get something out of Sweed, but Holmes, Miller and Washington are all going to be more important in the offense than him.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Willie Parker is the most important. If we can run, we win.

Preacher
01-30-2009, 02:32 AM

I heard a fascinating stat....

Willie Parker is 6-0 in the playoffs. I gotta wonder, does the defense make certain adjustments for his speed that allows us to move the ball in other ways?

Galax Steeler
01-30-2009, 03:26 AM
From what I have read Ward will play and I hope he will but I think Sweed will be ready if for some unseen reason Ward can't.

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 05:42 AM
:iagree:

lambertlunaticfan
01-30-2009, 06:55 AM
i totally agree with you.if we have the running game going,we can control the game,especially if we get ahead in the game,i mean that to me is one of the reason we won that last super bowl,we got ahead and ran the ball,come on parker:tt:Willie Parker is the most important. If we can run, we win.

DACEB
01-30-2009, 07:44 AM
James Farrior!!

While the OLBs will apply the pressure, I think the ILBs will be key in pass defense.

C'mon Warrior, show everyone why they re-signed an aging LBer.

KeiselPower99
01-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Ike is my MIP. He needs to keep Fitz under control.

shevdog
01-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Well I hope Jeff Reed won't be the most important player on Sunday, but I have a feeling when called on, Reed will!

joeyssteelcurtain
01-30-2009, 09:18 AM
I have a feeling that sweed is going to be a big factor

Benzbrother
01-30-2009, 09:22 AM
I think the most important player(s) will be.......the offensive line, and I say this for two reasons:
#1. PROTECTION - If they give big ben the protection he needs and keep him on his feet rather than his back, I think this game is going to get out of hand in favor of the steelers

#2. Running game - If Fast Willie gets going and has one of his marquee games, the Cards don't stand a chance. Time to get back to some good ol' fashioned smashmouth football!!

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I think the most important player(s) will be.......the offensive line, and I say this for two reasons:
#1. PROTECTION - If they give big ben the protection he needs and keep him on his feet rather than his back, I think this game is going to get out of hand in favor of the steelers

#2. Running game - If Fast Willie gets going and has one of his marquee games, the Cards don't stand a chance. Time to get back to some good ol' fashioned smashmouth football!!

:iagree:

Keep give Roethlisberger time to make accurate decisions & deliver the ball downfield, allow Parker to make-reads and get running downhill, and move the chains on 3rd downs (keeping the Cardinals' only-chances {Warner/Fitzgerald/Bouldin} on the bench most of the day):
do these 3 things, and there'll be an addition to the Steelers' trophy case Monday morning.

scsteeler
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM

This is so true if we can run the ball well we win this game! Arizona has shut down the run game for other teams in the playoffs which has helped them. If we can't run effectively it will be a tough game.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Agree. We can run mchugh 35 times as long as we win the damn game!

Haha that would be funny to watch :chuckle:

:tt03:

revefsreleets
01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
If Hines can't go for some reason, or gets knocked out, I hope the Steelers line up Moore as the 3rd WR. Sweed is a choke artist, and will only drop balls and cause penalties. I want a sure-handed guy out there who can actually do the job he's paid to do...

CargoJon
01-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Watch for Heath Miller to have a monster game if Ward is limited. Besides Hines, Heath to me seems like th #1 3rd down guy.

Cheppy
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Troy Polamalu

Nobody in the sport can do what he does. He's the ultimate chess piece for Coach Lebeau & no Steeler would leave a bigger void than him. Aaron Smith is a close second.

Cheppy
01-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Watch for Heath Miller to have a monster game if Ward is limited. Besides Hines, Heath to me seems like th #1 3rd down guy.

I think he'll have a monster game regardless. The Cardinals have been terrible at covering tight ends. They made Brent Freaking Celek look like a world-beater two weeks ago.

lilyoder6
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
idc who the most important player is for this game... as long as we win