PDA

View Full Version : Another Mewelde Moore thread...

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-30-2009, 04:05 AM
I am sure I will get crucified for starting this thread since I seem to be the only 1 (or maybe 2/3 others) wondering why Mewelde Moore is not a bigger (if not big) part of the gameplan.

But Karlos Dansby said the following (via Football Outsiders (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2009/cover-3-final-countdown))

Jamie Dukes of the NFL Network asked Dansby on Wednesday who the Cardinals' defense was really looking out for in this game. Dansby's answer may have surprised a lot of people: He replied that backup running back Mewelde Moore was a focus. Of course, Football Outsiders has been wondering about Willie Parker's boom-and-bustitude for a long time, and the fact that he ranked 33rd in DYAR among running backs with at least 100 rushes while Moore ranked 13th makes you wonder why Parker has had 51 postseason carries to Moore's four.

This comes after Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith talked about the Steelers running game (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/01/16/smith/index.html) and brought up Moore.

And Pittsburgh's Willie Parker looks like he's back to the level he was in recent years. One guy for the Steelers who I think is very underrated is Mewelde Moore. He does a nice job both running and catching the ball.

Again, I ask the question. Even if you think FWP should start and/or get some/most of the carries, why isnt anyone talking about why they do not use Mewelde Moore. Other teams worry about him and yet Tomlin/Arians dont use him?

Galax Steeler
01-30-2009, 04:10 AM
I would say Moore could be a big part of this offense just look what he did when Parker and Mendenhall went down with and injury I would say he will see some playing time in the superbowl regardless of what Parker does.

JackHammer
01-30-2009, 04:27 AM
I am sure I will get crucified for starting this thread since I seem to be the only 1 (or maybe 2/3 others) wondering why Mewelde Moore is not a bigger (if not big) part of the gameplan.

But Karlos Dansby said the following (via Football Outsiders (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2009/cover-3-final-countdown))

This comes after Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith talked about the Steelers running game (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/01/16/smith/index.html) and brought up Moore.

Again, I ask the question. Even if you think FWP should start and/or get some/most of the carries, why isnt anyone talking about why they do not use Mewelde Moore. Other teams worry about him and yet Tomlin/Arians dont use him?

The answer to your question is simple: We're winning. If we would've lost to SD or Baltimore, we'd be hearing a lot of questions about not utilizing Moore enough.

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-30-2009, 04:33 AM
The answer to your question is simple: We're winning. If we would've lost to SD or Baltimore, we'd be hearing a lot of questions about not utilizing Moore enough. That is a silly answer. These are two seperate issues.

Against SD, the OL was dominant and going along with a dominant defense SD was never in the game.

Vs Baltimore, the defense crushed the Ravens and despite the Steelers offense only scoring 16 points the Ravens were never in the game.

So while I think Arizonas defense is better than SDs defense but not as good as Baltimores defense it lies somewhere in the middle.

But when you are facing Warner, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Edge, you better score more than 16 points. How many are points are needed? The Steelers cannot afford to leave points on the field.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-30-2009, 08:12 AM
A better question is ....Why does a Redskin fan like yourself devote his time to coming on a Steelers message board to actively campaign for their backup RB to start???

Its not like most of us feel the need to go and pimp Rock Cartwright at the Redskins site. :noidea:

memphissteelergirl
01-30-2009, 08:50 AM
A better question is ....Why does a Redskin fan like yourself devote his time to coming on a Steelers message board to actively campaign for their backup RB to start???

Its not like most of us feel the need to go and pimp Rock Cartwright at the Redskins site. :noidea:

Thank you!!! :applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit::thumbsup::applaud it:

HometownGal
01-30-2009, 09:29 AM
C'mon folks - the guy has a legitimate question imho.

This is the Super Bowl - pull out all the stops. MeMo most times has delivered when called upon. Why not work him into the O scheme to catch the Cards D off guard?

Though I love FWP as the main back against the Cards front line, I wouldn't mind seeing MeMo in there when we need a really tough yard or two. Why not also utilize him on the screen pass? :noidea:

Hammer Of The GODS
01-30-2009, 11:04 AM
C'mon folks - the guy has a legitimate question imho.

Agreed.

FWP needs to have a productive game. But that doesn't mean that MeMo should be overlooked.

MeMo is definately better at catching the ball. Why not use that advantage? Mix it up! 1st and 10 line MeMo up in the backfield WITH FWP and create some confusion. Then put MeMo in motion out wide and then the D HAS to send at least a LB out to cover. Opens up more room for FWP to run, or quick flip the ball to MeMo.

It just make sense to use his talent especially in a game where you might have to keep pace with a high scoring O.

steelreserve
01-30-2009, 11:27 AM
One more thing: If the passing game is off because of Ward's injury, Moore could be absolutely key in opening things up. Maybe it's just me, but I think our passing game in general benefits from having him on the field -- and not just from the yardage he gains when he catches a pass. If the defense has to cover him, it stretches them thinner and our other guys have an easier time getting open too.

I mean, I don't think we'll have trouble moving the ball on these guys anyway, but if we need a little kick-start, Moore might be the guy to do it.

revefsreleets
01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Moore is a slightly better than average RB who is a much better than average receiving RB and a really good blocking back, ergo he's a great option as a 3rd down back which is exactly how the Steelers MOST EFFECTIVELY utilize him.

That's about all there is to it. This dude has an agenda, and he's advancing it, but the reality is the Steelers coaches are putting their best situational players in the best possible situations. FWP is a far superior everydown back, therefore he gets the majority of the 1 and 2 down carries.

I do think I'd rather see MeMo lined up as a WR than Sweed. Sweed pretty much sucks...

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Right now, all Moore needs to worry about in my opinion is fielding the Punts that he goes back for.

He'll get his plays on 3rd downs, maybe even spell Willie during the game or take over if Willie proves ineffective.

But he needs to just sit back, and be his part in the Machine. No more, no less.

The entire team must be one well oiled machine and together, we shall be victorious.

By the way...I didn't realize this guy UFN was a Redskins fan. Thanks for pointing that out, it makes so much more sense now.

memphissteelergirl
01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
FWP needs to have a productive game. But that doesn't mean that MeMo should be overlooked.

I don't think that's what anyone is saying here. MeMo has done everything that has been asked of him and then some. But the fact remains he was NOT brought in to be the premeire (sp) RB...something this guy (UFN) doesn't seem to get.

This dude has an agenda, and he's advancing it,

That's it exactly.

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I think UFN secretly wants Parker traded to the Redskins to take over for Portis.

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-30-2009, 12:26 PM

Its not like most of us feel the need to go and pimp Rock Cartwright at the Redskins site. :noidea: Because Rock Cartwright did not clearly and consistantly outplay Clinton Portis.

I like talking about football and soliciting fan opinion and would go to any teams site if I had a similar opinion.

As for this situation, I heard it again this morning on NFL Network. Talking about the Steelers run game, Steve Mariucci brought up the fact that FWP caught 3 passes and MM caught 40 and said that the Steelers needed to use both RBs.

Dismiss it if you want, but I remain intrigued by the fact that the Steelers may cost themselves a Super Bowl seemingly out of loyalty to a player.

fansince'76
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Dismiss it if you want, but I remain intrigued by the fact that the Steelers may cost themselves a Super Bowl seemingly out of loyalty to a player.

You've been saying that since midseason, yet here we are still playing. First it was "FWP is gonna cost us a playoff berth," then it was "FWP is gonna cost us a chance at the AFC Championship," now it's the Super Bowl. Give it a rest already. :coffee:

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
You've been saying that since midseason, yet here we are still playing. First it was "FWP is gonna cost us a playoff berth," then it was "FWP is gonna cost us a chance at the AFC Championship," now it's the Super Bowl. Give it a rest already. :coffee: With all due respect, what a ridiculous answer.

Because it hasnt cost you anything means you do not want to admit there is a problem? Great idea, because its not like the Super Bowl is on the line.

Let me phrase the question another way in a way....With a hot offense led by Larry Fitzgerald capable of putting up points why are the Steelers using a gameplan that costs them SEVEN points.

The FACT remains, giving FWP all the carries, vs splitting carries or MM getting all the carries has cost the Steelers about SEVEN points per game in the 08-09 season. Again, this is not my opinion, its a fact.

And I merely asking, since it appears that with the above comments, the Cardinals seem to realize that. Why dont Tomlin/Arians/Steeler fans.

Or feel free to keep attacking the messenger.

ShutDown24
01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Again, I ask the question. Even if you think FWP should start and/or get some/most of the carries, why isnt anyone talking about why they do not use Mewelde Moore.

Because we're winning.

fansince'76
01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
With all due respect, what a ridiculous answer.

Because it hasnt cost you anything means you do not want to admit there is a problem? Great idea, because its not like the Super Bowl is on the line.

Let me phrase the question another way in a way....With a hot offense led by Larry Fitzgerald capable of putting up points why are the Steelers using a gameplan that costs them SEVEN points.

The FACT remains, giving FWP all the carries, vs splitting carries or MM getting all the carries has cost the Steelers about SEVEN points per game in the 08-09 season. Again, this is not my opinion, its a fact.

And I merely asking, since it appears that with the above comments, the Cardinals seem to realize that. Why dont Tomlin/Arians/Steeler fans.

Or feel free to keep attacking the messenger.

Sorry, you're not baiting me into one of your ridiculous circular arguments.

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Sorry, you're not baiting me into one of your ridiculous circular arguments.
Circular arguments?

FACT- Steelers average an extra TD per game when MM gets 10+ touches.

Question- Why wouldnt you use the gameplan that nets an extra TD per game?

Nothing circular about that and seemingly an awful important question with a 6th ring on the line.

tony hipchest
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
for once i am gonna partially agree with UFN.

mewelde moore is historically a huge primetime player. his best games in his career have always come under the spotlight. the bigger the game, the better he has played.

i would like to see him get 10-12 touches (assuming willie can still get 20).

i think him having about 4 rushing attempts and a pass or 2 in the 1st few drives would really open things up in the second half. of course this is dependent on willie being able to sustain drives, and us not having any 3 and outs.

if were driving, mix it up. i think we may even see willie and moore in the "pony backfield" atleast once.

memphissteelergirl
01-30-2009, 01:38 PM
You've been saying that since midseason, yet here we are still playing. First it was "FWP is gonna cost us a playoff berth," then it was "FWP is gonna cost us a chance at the AFC Championship," now it's the Super Bowl. Give it a rest already. :coffee:

With all due respect, what a ridiculous answer.

Why is it so ridiculous...because he called you out on your condescending and pedantic rants??
:blah::coffee:

drizze99
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Sorry peeps but I agree with UFN. I love Parker but if Arians starts doing that "run up the middle for 2 yds and a cloud of dust" then I am going to scream. I would LOVE to see BOTH backs on the field at the same time. How effin confused would AZ be with that set?

Like HTG said, this is the damn SB and ALL STOPS need to be pulled out to win. WINNING is above all player loyalties IMHO. Its a TEAM game and we have the talent on this TEAM.

LVSteelersfan
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
I agree that if we run straight up the middle over and over and over again with Willie, we are playing into the Cardinals hands. We have to get him out in space and not up the middle on first down every time. Memo does need more touches in my opinion. Put them both back there. Nothing wrong with that. I like it better than having 3 TEs on the field personally. Memo can block very well. It puts more blocking back there for passing situations and he can leak out into a pattern as well and CATCH THE FREAKING BALL which Willie obviously has no clue about.

Preacher
01-30-2009, 03:05 PM
UFN.

Stats are manipulated to prove points... but may not have much to do with reality.

FACT- The Steelers are 6-0 in the playoffs when Willie Parker Starts.

FACT- Steelers are 2-0 in the playoffs when MeMo has under 10 touches.

FACT- Steelers are 1-0 when Sweed drops a sure touchdown.

FACT- Steelers are 0-1 when Someone else starts in place of Willie Starting.

FACT- Steelers are 6-0 When Roethlisberger has some type of beard going into the playoffs.

Don't give me "Facts" about the Steelers putting up 7 more points when MeMo gets 10 plus carries. It says NOTHING without the surrounding story.

Now, do I think MeMo should get some more touches? Maybe a dual tailback backfield? Absolutely. But your "stats" don't hold water.

steelreserve
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
To me, it all depends on whether Parker is effective or not. If he comes out and starts gaining 5-6 yards at a time, by all means, let's keep doing that! If not, let's make sure we have a Plan B. The only thing I won't be able to stand is if we go the stupid route and keep hammering away for no gain after no gain up the middle if the running game really isn't effective. It's the Super Bowk and you've got to have the ability to adjust! If that means bringing in Moore, fine; if we don't need to, also fine.

Preacher
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
To me, it all depends on whether Parker is effective or not. If he comes out and starts gaining 5-6 yards at a time, by all means, let's keep doing that! If not, let's make sure we have a Plan B. The only thing I won't be able to stand is if we go the stupid route and keep hammering away for no gain after no gain up the middle if the running game really isn't effective. It's the Super Bowk and you've got to have the ability to adjust! If that means bringing in Moore, fine; if we don't need to, also fine.

I agree, except that running right into the middle may be setting up the play-action, keeping LB's inside to stop that run. That is the problem. We think we know WHY things are happening, but we seldom know what is being built up.

steelreserve
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
I agree, except that running right into the middle may be setting up the play-action, keeping LB's inside to stop that run. That is the problem. We think we know WHY things are happening, but we seldom know what is being built up.

Well, yeah, IF that's what they're doing. I've also seen plenty of games where we run up the middle all day and don't do anything with it. Either way, my first option is I just hope we can run at will on these guys' sorry-ass defense and make it a moot point.

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
I'll go with what works, Parker Starting, Moore playing back up, because it WINS.

devilsdancefloor
01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
for once i am gonna partially agree with UFN.

mewelde moore is historically a huge primetime player. his best games in his career have always come under the spotlight. the bigger the game, the better he has played.

i would like to see him get 10-12 touches (assuming willie can still get 20).

i think him having about 4 rushing attempts and a pass or 2 in the 1st few drives would really open things up in the second half. of course this is dependent on willie being able to sustain drives, and us not having any 3 and outs.

if were driving, mix it up. i think we may even see willie and moore in the "pony backfield" atleast once.

ive been waiting all year for the pony backfield!!! i am for mixing it up, but right now willie has got it going! why would you pull a RB that is scoring and running like a beast unless he needs a breather! willie has been very good in the post season! and if you think Memo whould have gotten more yds than willie in the bmore game i think it is time to back away from the bong for a bit. I realy like memo he stepped up big time he really has but i do not think he has stepped over FWP for the No 1 RB slot.:tt03::tt03:HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
if were driving, mix it up. i think we may even see willie and moore in the "pony backfield" atleast once. i was thinking the same thing.....why put it in the playbook and never bother to find out if it works...:noidea: the multiple tight end sets , usually result in minimal success....why not try some different looks.

MACH1
01-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Should try putting Willie and Moore on the field at the same time and use Moore like the eagles use Westbrook. Let memo go find an empty space to sit in.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Because Rock Cartwright did not clearly and consistantly outplay Clinton Portis.

I like talking about football and soliciting fan opinion and would go to any teams site if I had a similar opinion.

As for this situation, I heard it again this morning on NFL Network. Talking about the Steelers run game, Steve Mariucci brought up the fact that FWP caught 3 passes and MM caught 40 and said that the Steelers needed to use both RBs.

If you want to discuss both sides of an arguement, then I will agree that you have a point, but you continue to only lean to the side of Moore........because you are fellow Tulane alumni as is Mewelde Moore.

I too saw the Mariucci comments on NFL network and he did elude to the fact that Moore has caught 37 more passes than Parker. He also eluded to the fact that if you give Parker a crease, he can take it a long way and defenders will be looking at his 3-9 on his back as he runs away from them.

Coach Mariucci on NFL Network never advocated for Moore to start over Parker, like you have actively. Mariucci said Parker is looking healthy and running like a fresh Willie Parker, but that Moore is also a valuable part of this offense .....especially with his 40 receptions on the season. Warren Sapp then added that having 2 good backs is always a good thing.

Not a single analyst in the past 2 weeks has said that Moore should start over Parker. Nor have they incinuated that " Steelers may cost themselves a Super Bowl seemingly out of loyalty to a player(Parker)" like you have said. If you wanna talk football and solicit opinions from other fan sites I think that is fine. But if you wanna take quotes from people like Steve Mariucci out of context, to imply that playing Willie Parker more than your fellow Tulane alum Mewelde Moore will cost the Steelers (who you are not a fan of) the Super Bowl............that is just $hit disturbing on another teams board. IMO.

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-30-2009, 09:13 PM
If you want to discuss both sides of an arguement, then I will agree that you have a point, but you continue to only lean to the side of Moore........because you are fellow Tulane alumni as is Mewelde Moore.

I too saw the Mariucci comments on NFL network and he did elude to the fact that Moore has caught 37 more passes than Parker. He also eluded to the fact that if you give Parker a crease, he can take it a long way and defenders will be looking at his 3-9 on his back as he runs away from them.

Coach Mariucci on NFL Network never advocated for Moore to start over Parker, like you have actively. Mariucci said Parker is looking healthy and running like a fresh Willie Parker, but that Moore is also a valuable part of this offense .....especially with his 40 receptions on the season. Warren Sapp then added that having 2 good backs is always a good thing.

Not a single analyst in the past 2 weeks has said that Moore should start over Parker. Nor have they incinuated that " Steelers may cost themselves a Super Bowl seemingly out of loyalty to a player(Parker)" like you have said. If you wanna talk football and solicit opinions from other fan sites I think that is fine. But if you wanna take quotes from people like Steve Mariucci out of context, to imply that playing Willie Parker more than your fellow Tulane alum Mewelde Moore will cost the Steelers (who you are not a fan of) the Super Bowl............that is just $hit disturbing on another teams board. IMO. Who said anything about starting or benching anyone?

Earlier in the year when it was clear that FWP was not healthy or effective, yes, at that point it was clear to anyone watching that FWP should not have been the starter.

As you can plainly see if you read the thread (as opposed to assuming I am simply stirring up baseless crap because of a college connection) that I am advocating Moore getting 10-15 touches, as that has had a direct impact on the Steelers ability to score points, keep FWP fresh and make the defenses respect the receiving ability out of the backfield.

As Sapp said, it is always god to have two backs. And the Steelers were using 2 RBs effectively until FWP very selfishly complained. Why the coaching staff gave into that I have no idea. Guys like Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, and Deangelo Williams all split carries to some degree but FWP, who is not at that level, is treated like a diva WR.

With FWP healthy, and IF there is a hole, there is no doubt that he is a threat and a good RB. However, without a hole there is no doubt that Moore has better vision and breaks more tackles (aside from his ability to catch the ball). No one was surprised when the Steelers gave FWP the ball 24 times for 48 yards. Why was Moore not a part of that gameplan? I do not understand that.

steelerdave1969
01-30-2009, 09:21 PM
I would say Moore could be a big part of this offense just look what he did when Parker and Mendenhall went down with and injury I would say he will see some playing time in the superbowl regardless of what Parker does.

One thing is for sure about Mewelde Moore is that he is a much better reciever than Parker ever will be. And he looked pretty good for sure when he had the opportunity when Parker and Mendenhall went down, so the Steelers know what they have in him. I think that Moore would give us more of a suprise attack in the fact that the Cardinals wouldnt be able to know whether for sure or not it was gonna be a pass or run. But I love what Willie brings to our team.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-31-2009, 11:16 AM
However, without a hole there is no doubt that Moore has better vision and breaks more tackles (aside from his ability to catch the ball). No one was surprised when the Steelers gave FWP the ball 24 times for 48 yards. Why was Moore not a part of that gameplan? I do not understand that.

I dont think its clear beyond a doubt that Moore has better vision that Parker. FWP has looked like he picked holes quite well the past 3 games. This notion that Parker doesnt have vision is a joke and if you watch him play closely you will see he chooses holes and has the acceleration to get thru them.

I have said since the day that Moore was acquired in free agency that he is a good player and gonna be a real asset to the team, especially in 3rd downs, kick return and a reserve role. They can both have good vision, but Parker has the speed to get thru the holes, where Moore does not. Its not like the 209LB Moore had power to move the pile.

The problem I have with you is that the Steelers are in the Super Bowl and because your fellow Tulane alum only got 7 postseason touches ........and YOU need to post things like this:

Again, I ask the question. Even if you think FWP should start and/or get some/most of the carries

the fact that the Steelers may cost themselves a Super Bowl seemingly out of loyalty to a player.

Team game. Willie is the starter and should be. Moore will get touches as the game presents itself and Arians calls it. Please go pimp Tulane OT Troy Kropog in the upcoming draft and let us Steeler fans enjoy being in the Super Bowl. Thanks.

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-31-2009, 01:29 PM
I dont think its clear beyond a doubt that Moore has better vision that Parker. FWP has looked like he picked holes quite well the past 3 games. This notion that Parker doesnt have vision is a joke and if you watch him play closely you will see he chooses holes and has the acceleration to get thru them.

I have said since the day that Moore was acquired in free agency that he is a good player and gonna be a real asset to the team, especially in 3rd downs, kick return and a reserve role. They can both have good vision, but Parker has the speed to get thru the holes, where Moore does not. Its not like the 209LB Moore had power to move the pile.

The problem I have with you is that the Steelers are in the Super Bowl and because your fellow Tulane alum only got 7 postseason touches ........and YOU need to post things like this:

Again, I ask the question. Even if you think FWP should start and/or get some/most of the carries

the fact that the Steelers may cost themselves a Super Bowl seemingly out of loyalty to a player.

Team game. Willie is the starter and should be. Moore will get touches as the game presents itself and Arians calls it. Please go pimp Tulane OT Troy Kropog in the upcoming draft and let us Steeler fans enjoy being in the Super Bowl. Thanks. I would pimp Troy Kropog if I thought he was any good which I dont.

Your argument is broken. I agree that FWP is the starter and should be, but if you are taking about team game then you might want to think about why FWP is getting all the carries. The RBs were splitting carries (successfully) and FWP complained, and even though Tomlin called him selfish publicly, he still buckled to him and made him the focal point of the offense.

And since then FWP has been both good and bad. And why, when FWP is having one of his 2.0 ypc efforts do the Steelers not try a player who opposing coaches and players seem to think is a concern? Or try Gary Russell but dont settle for 2.0 ypc because of his ego. Team game...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-31-2009, 05:19 PM
I would pimp Troy Kropog if I thought he was any good which I dont.

Your argument is broken. I agree that FWP is the starter and should be, but if you are taking about team game then you might want to think about why FWP is getting all the carries. The RBs were splitting carries (successfully) and FWP complained, and even though Tomlin called him selfish publicly, he still buckled to him and made him the focal point of the offense.

And since then FWP has been both good and bad. And why, when FWP is having one of his 2.0 ypc efforts do the Steelers not try a player who opposing coaches and players seem to think is a concern? Or try Gary Russell but dont settle for 2.0 ypc because of his ego. Team game...

If anybody has a broken arguement, it is you. If you want to rely on the quantitative numbers only and ignore the qualitative skills that Parker has, then go ahead. But you can bet that professional football coaches dont just look at statistics.

You say that Tomlin "buckled" to Parker and made him the focal point of the offense and that is where I say you are greatly mistaken and flawed. Tomlin "evaluated" Parker and that is why he is the starting RB and has been the past 4 years. If you think Tomlin is the kind of coach to "buckle to" player demands..........then you dont know the Steelers organization well. But, I guess you dont........because you are a Redskin fan.

If you think Ken Wisenhunt or Clancy Pendergast are more concerned about defending Mewelde Moore than Willie Parker...........you are dreaming.

Edman
01-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Mewelde Moore is a key player tomorrow. At least he better be.

It's about time to start utilizing that pony backfield.

HometownGal
01-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Mewelde Moore is a key player tomorrow. At least he better be.

It's about time to start utilizing that pony backfield.

I agree, Ed. I'd love to see him not only utilized for those tough 1-2 yarders, but as a screen option. We're going to see some mo MeMo tomorrow night - bank it. :thumbsup:

BrandonCarr39
01-31-2009, 06:43 PM
MM went to my alma mater(Tulane)-I generally root for the Tulane/LSU guys regardless of the teams they play for.

Fire Haley
01-31-2009, 06:43 PM
After Ben comes out bombing some deep stuff early then I would be more than happy to see M.Moore get some short stuff.

Attack their secondary early, I say.

It worked for Bradshaw in '79 - the last time we faced a 9-7 team in the SB.

Run that reel again.

Godfather
01-31-2009, 10:01 PM
MM went to my alma mater(Tulane)-I generally root for the Tulane/LSU guys regardless of the teams they play for.

Wow, you're a Tulane guy too? How many of us are on here?

BrandonCarr39
01-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Wow, you're a Tulane guy too? How many of us are on here?

1999(same year Shaun King graduated from here as well)

A good portion of Tulane students came from the Northeast area(Pennsylvania, NY, MA, VA, etc)-there were many Redskins, Giants, Jets, Eagles, and Steelers fans who attended.

Godfather
01-31-2009, 10:20 PM
1999(same year Shaun King graduated from here as well)

A good portion of Tulane students came from the Northeast area(Pennsylvania, NY, MA, VA, etc)-there were many Redskins, Giants, Jets, Eagles, and Steelers fans who attended.

I'm Tulane College 1997. In other words, the same year Jerald Honeycutt was supposed to graduate. And I suffered through four years of the Buddy System :banging:

BrandonCarr39
01-31-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm Tulane College 1997. In other words, the same year Jerald Honeycutt was supposed to graduate. And I suffered through four years of the Buddy System :banging:

Ah yes-all hype(those "The Buddy System" commercials really got me pumped when he first got hired), but no results. He wasn't a bad coach, but he just micromanaged the game too much. He had very good talent though.

The current Selfo(sp) years are much worse-he has the job for life b/c his brother is a booster for the school.

But hey-at least the Tulane players have become NFL material, so I guess these coaches are doing something right!:thumbsup:

SteelerFanInATL
02-01-2009, 05:47 AM
That is a silly answer. These are two seperate issues.

Against SD, the OL was dominant and going along with a dominant defense SD was never in the game.

Vs Baltimore, the defense crushed the Ravens and despite the Steelers offense only scoring 16 points the Ravens were never in the game.

So while I think Arizonas defense is better than SDs defense but not as good as Baltimores defense it lies somewhere in the middle.

But when you are facing Warner, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Edge, you better score more than 16 points. How many are points are needed? The Steelers cannot afford to leave points on the field.

Ball control will take care of that. If we are running the ball and eating up the clock that will go a long way in keeping the score down.

Godfather
02-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Ah yes-all hype(those "The Buddy System" commercials really got me pumped when he first got hired), but no results. He wasn't a bad coach, but he just micromanaged the game too much. He had very good talent though.

The current Selfo(sp) years are much worse-he has the job for life b/c his brother is a booster for the school.

But hey-at least the Tulane players have become NFL material, so I guess these coaches are doing something right!:thumbsup:

Good news--Scelfo was fired after the 2006 season. The current coach is former UCLA coach Bob Toledo.

We were very close to bowl eligible in '07...we lost the Memphis game on a missed chip shot FG by Thevenot and a ref mistake (keeping the clock running when it should have stopped). Army beat us in OT after tying the game on a Hail Mary. We ended up 4-8.

This year the season fell apart. We outplayed the gumps but gave the game away with mistakes. Gave ECU a scare then won our next two. After that we disappeared and ended up 2-10 :doh:

If you play Madden 08 for the PC, I have Tulane as a custom team. I downloaded the player ratings and added the names.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM

Hey...when you crawl out from whatever Rock your hiding under to avoid being bashed for questioning our Team the last 3 months over and over again...break down for me what we need to do this off season to be even better than the Super Bowl XLIII Champs...

Thanks...

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM

So much for Willie singlehandedly costing us a Super Bowl by starting. Wonder how the DPAR, DVOA, and success rates are gonna account for that? :coffee:

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
So much for Willie singlehandedly costing us a Super Bowl by starting. Wonder how the DPAR, DVOA, and success rates are gonna account for that? :coffee:

Was Willie on the Field for the Holmes TD Catch? That might affect the DPAR DVOA (Which I have no idea what those are)

But I know that 27 > 23 every single time.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Was Willie on the Field for the Holmes TD Catch? That might affect the DPAR DVOA (Which I have no idea what those are)

But I know that 27 > 23 every single time.

Sorry, but Moore was on the field for that. He ran straight out to the sideline as an outlet on that play..........singlehandedly ensuring that the Steelers didnt lose the Super Bowl out of loyalty to FWP. :toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Sorry, but Moore was on the field for that. He ran straight out to the sideline as an outlet on that play..........singlehandedly ensuring that the Steelers didnt lose the Super Bowl out of loyalty to FWP. :toofunny:

LMFAO!

Moore was on the field wasn't he...of coarse he was...that's the reason we scored the TD!