PDA

View Full Version : What Would GWB Do? Today's Bush Policy Obama is Continuing...

revefsreleets
01-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Every single day Obama adopts another "Failed Bush Policy". Today it's continuing the missle strikes into Pakistan.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/27/gates-pakistan-missile-st_n_161421.html

I really see no end in sight to this...it's going to fun to see how this all shakes out, and I can't WAIT for the response from the left...

GBMelBlount
01-31-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm glad you are tactfully pointing these things out Revs. As I said in the fall, this election played out EXACTLY as the media scripted it. They simply blamed EVERYTHING on Bush's policies so that Obama only had to run as the anti-Bush, REGARDLESS of whether his platform made sense or not.

Stlrs4Life
01-31-2009, 12:37 PM
LOL, still sour grapes. Now you know how miserabe we felt for 8 miserable years that will take more than Obama to fix in 4 years.

GBMelBlount
01-31-2009, 12:51 PM
LOL. I agree Stlrs4life. There are countless people, like you, who are already saying in a matter of just a few weeks, that he can't undo "Bush" in just four years. The media's job the next 4 years will be to convince the majority of people that if Obama does a poor job for 4 next years, it's STILL Bush's fault and that it will take 8 years of Obama and a huge government to undo everything "Bush" & capitalism did. And let's face it, in 8 years, with the majority of people receiving from government and the minority giving (paying taxes), I honestly am not sure the democrats will ever lose again.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-31-2009, 02:29 PM
LOL, still sour grapes. Now you know how miserabe we felt for 8 miserable years that will take more than Obama to fix in 4 years.

That doesn't make sense. If things were so miserable, why is Obama the Savior doing the exact same things as the evil Bush?

xfl2001fan
01-31-2009, 02:44 PM
But he's bringing CHANGE!!!!

(Insert Sarcasm Smiley)

I'm guessing the Dem/Libs weren't expecting this kind of change though. Him changing from his platform to mirror Bush's moves.

hindes204
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Well, Well, Well.....really.....who didnt see this coming.....Obamas whole campaign was focused on untruths and unattainable promises...now that hes in office he got a nice shot of reality (a shot of reality i wish all the kumbaya libs would get) and now hes back peddling and keeping alot of policies of the "failed" Bush administration

hindes204
01-31-2009, 06:45 PM
So now I'm confused. If Obama is doing the same things as Dubya, why is one of 'em good and the other one bad?
/ open to both sides
// partisanship is for the deluded

Never said one was good or one was bad...just observing the fact that Obamas whole campaign was focused on tearing up everything Bush did, and now that he is in office he is adopting all of Bushs policies...seems a little dishonest is all....i actually think its a good thing he is governing from the middle and not paying attention to all the left wing nutcases....although his spending is about to get really out of hand

Preacher
01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't support a party, I support what I beleive are the right policies for this country.

What frustrates me is that Obama ran on the central theme of change, and now the biggest change is himself and his own policies, as they look more and more like GWB.

Which leads me to the next issue. . . why did we vote for someone who ran on one platform and then switched platforms after being elected? I prefer he be honest.

SteelCityMan786
01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
LOL. I agree Stlrs4life. There are countless people, like you, who are already saying in a matter of just a few weeks, that he can't undo "Bush" in just four years. The media's job the next 4 years will be to convince the majority of people that if Obama does a poor job for 4 next years, it's STILL Bush's fault and that it will take 8 years of Obama and a huge government to undo everything "Bush" & capitalism did. And let's face it, in 8 years, with the majority of people receiving from government and the minority giving (paying taxes), I honestly am not sure the democrats will ever lose again.

Democrats will lose again once people stop always listening to the media or get their news from more then one source. It's time everyone wakes the hell up and realizes that some stations(MSNBC most especially) EXAGGERATE beyond all belief. Once people realize that they need to do ALL of their research first, they will realize that the Republicans were NOT all at fault and the Democrats ARE at fault for their share of the shit in Washington. They had their chance to step up while Republicans had Control of Congress. Now they have the tools to lead it, they're showing their no better then the Republicans.

I hope all of you keep in mind what happens when One Party has the keys to the Legislative and Executive Branches and sometimes Judicial. Leaves plenty of room for Corruption. :yep:

That doesn't make sense. If things were so miserable, why is Obama the Savior doing the exact same things as the evil Bush?

Hmmm, Curious, Very Curious. :coffee:

But he's bringing CHANGE!!!!

(Insert Sarcasm Smiley)

I'm guessing the Dem/Libs weren't expecting this kind of change though. Him changing from his platform to mirror Bush's moves.

That was one of the greatest uses of Sarcasm I have ever seen.

And we're still no better off then we were with Bush.

SteelCurtain7
01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't support a party, I support what I beleive are the right policies for this country.

What frustrates me is that Obama ran on the central theme of change, and now the biggest change is himself and his own policies, as they look more and more like GWB.

Which leads me to the next issue. . . why did we vote for someone who ran on one platform and then switched platforms after being elected? I prefer he be honest.

I agree with every word of this post. :tt:

revefsreleets
02-01-2009, 12:03 PM
How can my pointing out that Obama is adopting Bush's "failed policies" by the truckload be sour grapes?

Merely making objective observations using nothing but factual empirical data...

The Patriot
02-01-2009, 12:24 PM
It amazes me that some of us would rather say; "I told you so", than see the reigning administration succeed.

xfl2001fan
02-01-2009, 12:25 PM
What? If Bush was such a failure...and Obama is taking on many of his policies...how does the reigning administration succeed?

It's not about whether we want the reigning party to succeed... I believe we ALL want to see Obama do good things for this country. However, it's hard to sit by after have the Lib/Media attack Bush and his policies over and over again...to listen to Obama preach change (without discussing exactly how he'll change)...then have him adopt Bush policy after Bush policy.

GBMelBlount
02-01-2009, 01:25 PM
It amazes me that some of us would rather say; "I told you so", than see the reigning administration succeed.

Huh? Like who?

What is amazing is that some libs have ALREADY cast a vote for Obama in 4 years by saying if Obama sucks it's STILL Bush's fault. Talk about being blindly partisan.

silver & black
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM

I Couldn't agree more. I didn't vote for Obama, but I sure as hell am not hoping he fails! My family's well being depends on it!

xfl2001fan
02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I Couldn't agree more. I didn't vote for Obama, but I sure as hell am not hoping he fails! My family's well being depends on it!

If we knew who he was talking about...it might make more sense. However, most of us that have posted are merely pointing out the hypocrisy on the Left for their contstant bashing of all things Bush...only to have ther representative take on many of his policies.

Apparently, Bush wasn't nearly as bad as they were making him out to be.

silver & black
02-01-2009, 02:16 PM
If we knew who he was talking about...it might make more sense. However, most of us that have posted are merely pointing out the hypocrisy on the Left for their contstant bashing of all things Bush...only to have ther representative take on many of his policies.

Hmmm... I see.

My personal opinion is that we won't ever know, but our children and grandchildren will come to realize that GWB kept this Nation safe, and did what was necessary to insure it was kept safe, despite the negativity and the onslaught of disparaging attacks on him. I think in the future, GWB will be looked on in a far better light than he is now.

The Patriot
02-01-2009, 02:31 PM

You should be glad that Obama didn't come in and throw everything out the window. I think that proves he is not the dangerous radical that some propaganda made him out to be. Many of Bush's policies have obvious problems, but it would be naive to think that the Bush administration didn't try their best to solve those problems, and it would be even more naive to think that Obama could solve those problems in a couple weeks.

If my car is not working properly I don't ignore the problem, but I don't rip out the engine either. I might spend some time examining it. Maybe even consult an expert? Just because Obama is okaying some flawed preexisting policies, does not mean he isn't exploring other options.

I am not one of these Bush-bashing Libs, so you can stop telling me what they're up to.

tony hipchest
02-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I am not one of these Bush-bashing Libs, so you can stop telling me what they're up to.it doesnt matter.

ANYBODY who voted for obama on this board has already been pigeon holed...

xfl2001fan
02-01-2009, 02:38 PM
All I heard from most Media sources...and many of the Lib following here is how Obama is going to CHANGE...CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE

If you've got a 20 dollar bill, give it to Obama because he's bringing you CHANGE!

I'm glad that he's not throwing everything out the window. I'm glad he's not nearly as radical as he was being made out to be.

What doesn't sit well with me is the large number of crickets coming from the media. Why aren't they harping on the policies that were dissed? Why aren't they harping on the CIC for taking on such "obviously problematic" and "flawed pre-existing" policies?

Because the Bush bashing wasn't about his policies...it was about building a scapegoat so that they could bring somebody else in. The economic issues of this country run far deeper than any 1 man could possibly pull off on his own. Of course, you wouldn't know that by listening to most media sources.

I didn't say you were a Bush-bashing Lib. The second sentence of the comment quoted was an obvious generality. At least, it should have been obvious.

The silence from the Bush critics is deafening though.

The Patriot
02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
All I heard from most Media sources...and many of the Lib following here is how Obama is going to CHANGE...CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE

If you've got a 20 dollar bill, give it to Obama because he's bringing you CHANGE!

I'm glad that he's not throwing everything out the window. I'm glad he's not nearly as radical as he was being made out to be.

What doesn't sit well with me is the large number of crickets coming from the media. Why aren't they harping on the policies that were dissed? Why aren't they harping on the CIC for taking on such "obviously problematic" and "flawed pre-existing" policies?

Because the Bush bashing wasn't about his policies...it was about building a scapegoat so that they could bring somebody else in. The economic issues of this country run far deeper than any 1 man could possibly pull off on his own. Of course, you wouldn't know that by listening to most media sources.

I didn't say you were a Bush-bashing Lib. The second sentence of the comment quoted was an obvious generality. At least, it should have been obvious.

The silence from the Bush critics is deafening though.
It sounds like you're more angry at the media than the president. I don't blame you. News Networks are now more entertaining than informative in their bid for ratings. CNN will spend more time talking about Obama's new puppy than his foreign policy, and Fox just whines about how all the other networks are out to get them. I suggest you read BBC News. I find that most of their articles are written from an observational standpoint, rather than an opinionated one.

xfl2001fan
02-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I am a certainly more miffed with the Media and the Lib party than anything else.

I am miffed that the CIC essentially attacked the very policies he's taking on (i.e. hypocrite and/or liar...whichever flavor you like) in order to become my CIC.

I know that I shouldn't trust ANY politician...but I hate the thought that I can't trust my CIC to look me in the eye and tell me the truth. At least with Bush, you got the feeling he was telling the truth.

The Patriot
02-01-2009, 03:09 PM
At least with Bush, you got the feeling he was telling the truth.

I sure wish I hadn't gotten that feeling when he told us about some certain WMDs and Saddam's link to Al-Qaeda.

GBMelBlount
02-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Is that the best you got Patriot? We had EVERY right to go in there. You're just being a baby.

Why did you vote for Obama Patriot?

The Patriot
02-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Is that the best you got Patriot? We had EVERY right to go in there. You're just being a baby.
And I have EVERY right to go trick out my car with flashy expensive gear, but that would kinda seem like a waste of time and money. :noidea:
I always support our troops but I don't always support where we send them.
Why did you vote for Obama Patriot?

Lol, nice try. Rule number one when discussing politics: never answer open-ended questions.

GBMelBlount
02-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Lol, nice try. Rule number one when discussing politics: never answer open-ended questions.

No, actually that's just a rule for you, and others like you. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
02-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I sure wish I hadn't gotten that feeling when he told us about some certain WMDs and Saddam's link to Al-Qaeda.

Ahh, but how long did he have to move WMD's and/or hide evidence concerning any links? He stalled for quite some time and we sat by as we tried to do the right thing and let the UN go their namby-pamby-chicken-$hit route. Sanctions and all kinds of other crap.

UN to Sadaam: Let us in or we'll write you bad notes
Sadaam: So
One Week Later
UN: There's a bad note...now let us in...we're serious this time
Sadaam: No, may fleas of a thousand camels infest your hairy armpits...I throw my shoe at you.
Two weeks later
UN: That's it, you get two letters of reprimand.
Sadaam: Oh in that case, I'll let you in.
Three Weeks Later
UN: Now give us the guided tour and be very honest with us. You are being honest with us right?
Sadaam (with his fingers crossed): Of course I am. What have I got to hide?

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 08:16 AM
This doesn't have anything to do with failure...in fact, quite the opposite. Obama is doing what he's finding out is best for the country. Now that he's "in the loop", he's learning that many of the things he campaigned against Bush about are actually not bad policies. He's adapting and adopting Bush policy left and right...

What I AM pointing out is how many from the left cannot seem to swallow these FACTS. Bush was not as bad as you made him ouyt to be, and the proof is in the pudding. Obama is learning that many of Bush's policies were solid. Why can't YOU learn the same lesson?

Diversion and playing word games, along with just parroting the old line "Bush is bad" don't work anymore. It's time to sack up and admit you were, at least partially, wrong...

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Your post is pure gold,sir. :cool:

I'd rather see Obama "flip-flop" and implement good policies (or keep the ones that are good), than actually do as he campaigned to do.

The Patriot
02-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I found some fun facts.

Bush policies changed by President Obama

-- Jan. 21: Ordered plans to withdraw combat forces from Iraq.

-- Jan. 21: Froze the pay of White House staff earning more than $100,000 a year.

-- Jan. 21: Restricted lobbying by officials who leave the administration.

-- Jan. 21: Broadened compliance with open-records rules and lifted Bush's restrictions on the release of presidential records.

-- Jan. 21: Froze all proposed federal rule changes left unfinished by the Bush administration. They relate to the Endangered Species Act, labor relations and other fields.

-- Jan. 22: Ordered the closure of the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, within one year.

-- Jan. 22: Tightened limits on interrogation tactics by Central Intelligence Agency officers.

-- Jan. 23: Removed financing restrictions on groups that provide or discuss abortion overseas.

-- Jan. 26: Instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to reconsider whether to grant California a waiver to regulate automobile tailpipe emissions linked to global warming.

-- Jan. 26: Ordered the Transportation Department to issue guidelines that will ensure that the nation's auto fleet reaches an average fuel efficiency of 35 miles per gallon by 2020, if not earlier.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2009/01/27/MNMF15H6AN.DTL

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
What I AM pointing out is how many from the left cannot seem to swallow these FACTS...

your "facts" have been shakey at best, lately. especially when they are nothing more than opinion.

-you are not being attacked.

-mccain will not clean obamas clock.

-cowher will not be the HC of the browns.

-steelers will not blow out the cardinals.

just cause you type it, doesnt make it fact. bush isnt the devil, but he wasnt as great as you make him out to be.

this continual internet plea for people to worship him and eat crow is a bit weird.

revefsreleets
02-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Oh Tony, let's not go there. I admit I'm wrong all the time, BUT that's not the issue here. I am IN FACT, pointing out policies that Obama is adopting that were former Bush policies...no "opinion" about it.

All I see is spin and diversion. Not one single poster form the left has to this day admitted that "The One" is doing what he's doing. By pointing out prognostications of mine that were incorrect, you do nothing to address the fact that Obama is adopting Bush policies...it's quintesential ad hominem.

I'm certainly not asking anyone to worship Bush. I'm asking for the you guys to admit that your guy is adopting Bush policies. The "Agent of Change" is going to end up being more of the same, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

revefsreleets
02-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Here's a little more about it...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article5331454.ece

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17178.html

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/will-obamas-anti-terror-policies-vindicate-bush/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123086106688148103.html

tony hipchest
02-04-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm asking for the you guys to admit that your guy is adopting Bush policies. .what you call "adopting" bush policies, is what i call simply not "aborting"....

you are basically asking 65,000,000+ voters to admit to you that they were wrong (about what, i still am not certain).

many of you conservatives took the "change" rhetoric to heart and much too literal. you guys do know how politics work, right?

i never expected obama to come in and do the exact opposite of bush for "changes" sakes. that wouldnt be too fair and balanced, now would it?

that would be like trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer. obamas change is more geared towards the future, as opposed to trying to change the past.

its still amazing how many right wingers really believed we would be converted to automatic socialism. :rolleyes:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-04-2009, 01:12 AM
what you call "adopting" bush policies, is what i call simply not "aborting"....

you are basically asking 65,000,000+ voters to admit to you that they were wrong (about what, i still am not certain).

many of you conservatives took the "change" rhetoric to heart and much too literal. you guys do know how politics work, right?

i never expected obama to come in and do the exact opposite of bush for "changes" sakes. that wouldnt be too fair and balanced, now would it?

that would be like trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer. obamas change is more geared towards the future, as opposed to trying to change the past.

its still amazing how many right wingers really believed we would be converted to automatic socialism. :rolleyes:

No one thought we were going to be converted to socialism. The point being made is that Obama's campaign consisted of "Bush is bad, I am not Bush and McCain is, Hope, and CHANGE

No conservative is upset that Obama is adopting Bush's policies, they are obviously pretty darn good if he is. We are upset that he ran his whole campaign on "change", and the only thing changing is his mind.

I agree with you that the whole "Hope and Change" and "Yes We Can!" is all rhetoric and bullshitting. If that is the case, why did you vote for him? The only leg he had to stand on what his rhetoric!

revefsreleets
02-04-2009, 07:57 AM
what you call "adopting" bush policies, is what i call simply not "aborting"....

Obama campaigned against "Bush's Failed Policies". He specifically NAMED some of the very policies he is now adopting as failed policies. They were failed policies while he was campaigning, now they are his policies. I've dumbed this down to the point where you can't play any word games or divert attention or spin the issue or try to deflect by shifting the focus onto me. Facts are facts. Obama said these were failed policies and that he would change them, and now he's adopting them. Why can't anyone from the left just admit that???

RunWillieRun
02-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Obama campaigned against "Bush's Failed Policies". He specifically NAMED some of the very policies he is now adopting as failed policies. They were failed policies while he was campaigning, now they are his policies. I've dumbed this down to the point where you can't play any word games or divert attention or spin the issue or try to deflect by shifting the focus onto me. Facts are facts. Obama said these were failed policies and that he would change them, and now he's adopting them. Why can't anyone from the left just admit that???

Because The Messiah is infallible. :doh:

Rev, once you understand this, everything else makes a lot more sense.

revefsreleets
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
This thread is about hypocrisy, plain and simple.

If Bush does something, it is in and of itself and evil and stupid act.

If Obama does the same thing, it is somehow now redeemed, valuable, intelligent and well thought out.

Hypocrisy:
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.

tony hipchest
02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I've dumbed this down thats for sure.

you conservatives should be glad obama's not throwing the baby out with the bath water, which is something i feel mccain/palin woulda tried to do as much as THEY tried to distance themselves from bush's policies.

obama has got 8 years to impliment his change.

plain and simple, this thread is as much about sour grapes if anything.

tony hipchest
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
No one thought we were going to be converted to socialism. lol

where have you been the past year? it says AL beneath youre avitar so i will assume yove been in america. but since you just joined this board in nov. '08, i would suggest doing a search of the forums using the word socialism or socialist.

revefsreleets
02-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Sour grapes?

Apparently I haven't dumbed this down enough.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y.

If Obama suddenly came out and said "It is now US policy to torture suspected terrorists" the left would all jump up and say "Amen!".

Hypocrisy.

tony hipchest
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
If Obama suddenly came out and said "It is now US policy to torture suspected terrorists" the left would all jump up and say "Amen!".

Hypocrisy.:huh: but that will never happen, now will it?

you know how many policies bush had? you can cherry pick all you want, i just hope we make some progress in stem cell research, improving our global relations, getting our troops home with as few deaths as possible, and shit like that.

Christ, you people actually believed obama was gonna come in and end the war on terrorism just because it was a bush policy. get real.

revefsreleets
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Again, you simply will not (or cannot) admit that Obama is adopting policies that he himself stated during his campaign were "failed policies".

You try twisting this around, but it just doesn't work. But that's fine...whether you acknowledge it or not is immaterial...the fact that it's going on is all that matters. Another example follows...

Obama adopts Bush Iraq Policy:

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/3275

Obama administration adopts Bush Iraq policy

By E. Thomas McClanahan, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist

Joe Biden was in Iraq today, reassuring the Iraqi government that the Obama administration will abide by the recently concluded Status of Forces Agreement.

So, that’s that. The Obama team is officially on-board with the Bush Iraq plan. That means American troops in Iraq for at least three more years. This comes as no surprise to anyone who’s been watching the progress in Iraq closely. But the unqualified reversal from anti-war ticket to pro-war administration is still something to marvel at. And the justification gymnastics from Obama voters who still can’t admit victory in Iraq should be fun to watch as well.

Indeed.

The Patriot
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Again, you simply will not (or cannot) admit that Obama is adopting policies that he himself stated during his campaign were "failed policies".

You try twisting this around, but it just doesn't work. But that's fine...whether you acknowledge it or not is immaterial...the fact that it's going on is all that matters. Another example follows...

Obama adopts Bush Iraq Policy:

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/3275

Obama administration adopts Bush Iraq policy

By E. Thomas McClanahan, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist

Joe Biden was in Iraq today, reassuring the Iraqi government that the Obama administration will abide by the recently concluded Status of Forces Agreement.

So, thatís that. The Obama team is officially on-board with the Bush Iraq plan. That means American troops in Iraq for at least three more years. This comes as no surprise to anyone whoís been watching the progress in Iraq closely. But the unqualified reversal from anti-war ticket to pro-war administration is still something to marvel at. And the justification gymnastics from Obama voters who still canít admit victory in Iraq should be fun to watch as well.

Indeed.

WHAT?!? Obama hasn't changed every preexisting Iraqi policy in his first month of presidency because he is choosing instead to focus on this nation's largest economic crisis since the great depression?!?

Oh, how could we have been so mislead!!! :redface:

Stlrs4Life
02-04-2009, 08:18 PM
This thread is about hypocrisy, plain and simple.

If Bush does something, it is in and of itself and evil and stupid act.

If Obama does the same thing, it is somehow now redeemed, valuable, intelligent and well thought out.

Hypocrisy:
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.

This coming from the Party that is the king of Hypocrsy. Yes Obama has kept a few of Ws policies, some I'm not too happy about, not going to panic yet. But as stated above in Patriots post that he has done some changes also.

Preacher
02-04-2009, 09:39 PM
WHAT?!? Obama hasn't changed every preexisting Iraqi policy in his first month of presidency because he is choosing instead to focus on this nation's largest economic crisis since the great depression?!?

Oh, how could we have been so mislead!!! :redface:

No, he isn't holding it in abeyance until he is finished, he is SUPPORTING the plan.

So much for change.

Now, he is continuing the spending for healthcare-- so much for fiscal responsibility.

Yep, I see change. :coffee:

The Patriot
02-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Now, he is continuing the spending for healthcare-- so much for fiscal responsibility.

Yep, I see change. :coffee:

I see 4 million children now able to get the proper health insurance they deserve.

GBMelBlount
02-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Stlrs4life
This coming from the Party that is the king of Hypocrsy. Yes Obama has kept a few of Ws policies, some I'm not too happy about, not going to panic yet.

What policies? Are you unhappy about the policies or because they are "Bushlike" policies. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
02-05-2009, 08:05 AM
This is the main thrust of what I've been trying to say. The liberals on this board (well, liberals everywhere to be more accurate) are in a real pickle. What do they do? Obama is adopting Bush policies left and right, but how do they handle it? If they embrace the policies, than it means the policies have merit, are solid policies, BUT that means that GWB wasn't an evil Satanic meanie, and may have actually (gasp!) known what he was doing. If they denounce the adoption of these policies, it means Obama has chinks in his armor, is no longer "The Chosen One", but they can at least keep on hatin' on GWB.

What they are TRYING to do is play a shell game and move the argument around and away from the central theme, use deflection and diversion and any other cheap trick to avoid the FACT that Bush may have actually done some things right. Looks like the new thing is to talk up any legislation that Obama puts forth that is original, which is fine, but doesn't address what I'm asserting at all. Those are apples, and these here are oranges...

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I see 4 million children now able to get the proper health insurance they deserve.

Didn't know people were children until age 27.

The Patriot
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM

Some people remain children into their late 40s.

BrandonCarr39
02-05-2009, 09:12 PM
It doesn't matter who's POTUS...The Illuminati are the REAL guys pulling the strings behind the curtains(i.e. the Rockefellers, Kissinger, Rothchilds, etc).

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Some people remain children into their late 40s.

...and we should support them? I think if they are going to do this, there should be a few stipulations.

Children are cover until A) they drop out of school, B) they finish high school, C) they finish college

SteelTalons
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Obama isnt going to fix anything, McCain wasnt going to, nobody is...

Look at this stimulus package... Spending money on the arts and remodeling government buildings! Thats all fine and good to do that sorta thing but packing it into funds to boost the economy and spending SO MUCH money on this kinda stuff aint right.

You wanna fix this economy. Its simple, lets go be a capitalism. Knock off this socialist junk trying to pay everyones bills... If something fails dont reward their screw up with money.

And that NAFTA thing is stupid... No taxes on imported goods. Id tax that stuff silly look at Japan they bring in Oranges from the USA and they cost way more than Japanese oranges, and while the US ones taste better most get the Japanese oranges because its cheaper.

Now imagine us doing that with overseas goods(lets say Toyota) so that companies from the US(GM or Ford) would be able to compete with them. Sure GM and Ford might not be as good as Toyota at the moment but that would make the Toyota's cost more that American cars. The lower price would promote people to buy American and if Toyota wanted to avoid the tax to compete more all the US made Toyotas would be "American". Keeping jobs here...

The object of the game is to give American the edge in... America! To keep jobs here. If everyone had a good paying job(like many of those outsourced to China, granted they get ripped off for the hard work they do) people could have payed their bills on a whole. Instead we got Retail Forests(think about it tons of retail workers making no money and we wonder why only Walmart is doing good) and no factories... So the little guy here in America is getting stomp out by the traitor-companies that decided to leave the US to make stuff cheaper but still sell to us.

I got your cheaper I dont care if the Toyota costs 20 dollars when I got done the 20dollar Toyota would be 20 to 30,000 and the GM or Ford would be 15 to 20,000...

Oh please by all means let the country go into a depression. America needs a good wake up call and having your kids going to bed hungry appears to be the only way left now to wake the people, now that we voted in more fake politicians and are once again buying everything they say...

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
You wanna fix this economy. Its simple, lets go be a capitalism. Knock off this socialist junk trying to pay everyones bills... If something fails dont reward their screw up with money.

Absolutely. Stop bailing failing companies out and let the markets correct themselves.

SteelCurtain7
02-06-2009, 04:53 PM

Dude, your sig line is no longer accurate!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt: :D

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Dude, your sig line is no longer accurate!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt: :D

Yeah, I already had a P.M. about that.

According to the Cards fans I need to change to it 6 Rings, We cheated the last two times :banging:

Preacher
02-07-2009, 02:20 AM
It doesn't matter who's POTUS...The Illuminati are the REAL guys pulling the strings behind the curtains(i.e. the Rockefellers, Kissinger, Rothchilds, etc).

Please tell me you are not anti-semitic.

EDIT: Ok, you did include the rockefellers- - - maybe you're just anti-german!! :chuckle: