PDA

View Full Version : The Talking Heads Picks

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 12:54 PM
So I'm listening to Jeremy Green's podcast and guess who he picked?

Cardinals. 28-24.

So that prompted me to start this thread.

Listen around for all the "Experts" and lets see how many of them actually go for the Cinderella Story Cardinals.

I think 1 guy in the nation had the Giants last year, but this year, people are thinking upset a lot and are picking the Cards.

Start adding who picks who on this thread, it'll be interesting to see how many people actually pick against us with their "expert" analysis.

Mike and Mike both picked the Steelers.

KeiselPower99
01-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Jeremy Green wouldnt pick the Steelers if it was a black n gold scrimmage.

fansince'76
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Who cares? :coffee:

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Who cares? :coffee:

Just having fun with it.

TailgateMel
01-30-2009, 01:06 PM
The Cardinals are the "sexy" pick.....

The analysts will have less egg on their face if they pick the Cards & they lose than vice versa... they can always say "well.. the Steelers just overpowered them"

BUT if they pick the Cards & they win.. then they are "geniuses"

Not too many people picked the Giants to win last year & when they did those folks were yelling "I told you so!"... They want to be a part of that.. it is "fashionable" to pick the underdog.

They gotta keep the public wanting to watch the game also...

anyways.. that is my humble opinion...

There are still many people picking the Steelers though.. the thing I watched online yesterday on yahoo had all 3 guys picking the Steelers...

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 01:07 PM
What about Chris Collinsworth? Anyone got his pick? I know later on in the season he said he was Never picking against the Steelers again...I'm curious to see who that Hater picks.

Simms and Sapp both have Pittsburgh.

SteelStang
01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
This is all about the kool-aid. 6 of 10 CNNSI.COM 'experts' picked the Cards too. Even John Clayton, who while quite dorky is usually pretty good with info, says that all the attention paid to us whill help the cards. WHAT? Where the hell has he been? It's a Cardinals love fest down there in Tampa:banging:

goLERS
01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Keyshawn Johnson - Cardinals 31-17
Steve Young - Cardinals 34-31

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
See this is what I'm looking for. You aren't a Cinderalla if everyone is picking you.

Giants last year...true underdog Upset. Cards have lots of people believing in them.

goLERS
01-30-2009, 01:22 PM
What was the cardinals final record? Get off their nuts. You would think they outscored all their opponents by 20+ a game this season with all this talk about what an "amazing" offense they have. A one dimensional football team with a average/weak defense is what they really are. We have faced better, more complete offenses then them this year and have shut them down. Joyride ends Sunday
:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

scsteeler
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Cards are the Team everyone wants to love right now. Most of the sports media are talking as if the Steelers will lose this game by 14 or more points and our defense has no way of stopping the Cards offense. If you listen long enough you would think the Cardinals have the no. 1 defense and offense in the league and Pittsburgh lucked their way in the playoffs in the last week.

I can't wait until Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz05
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Cards are the Team everyone wants to love right now. Most of the sports media are talking as if the Steelers will lose this game by 14 or more points and our defense has no way of stopping the Cards offense. If you listen long enough you would think the Cardinals have the no. 1 defense and offense in the league and Pittsburgh lucked their way in the playoffs in the last week.

I can't wait until Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, from what I am hearing it seems as though no one is giving us a changce and that we are the underdogs...I say bring it.

NEPAsteeler
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Let them slobber all over the Card's nob. We'll end up getting the last laugh on Sunday.

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Let them slobber all over the Card's nob. We'll end up getting the last laugh on Sunday.

:iagree:

the crotch-slurping stops Sunday evening

NEPAsteeler
01-30-2009, 02:10 PM
the crotch-slurping stops Sunday evening

Couldn't have said it better myself. :chuckle:

SC Steeler Steve
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
The Cardinals are the "sexy" pick.....

The analysts will have less egg on their face if they pick the Cards & they lose than vice versa... they can always say "well.. the Steelers just overpowered them"

BUT if they pick the Cards & they win.. then they are "geniuses"

Not too many people picked the Giants to win last year & when they did those folks were yelling "I told you so!"... They want to be a part of that.. it is "fashionable" to pick the underdog.

anyways.. that is my humble opinion...

There are still many people picking the Steelers though.. the thing I watched online yesterday on yahoo had all 3 guys picking the Steelers...
This^^^^

Keyshawn Johnson - Cardinals 31-17
Steve Young - Cardinals 34-31
Keyshawn has it backwards. Young just has it wrong
I pick Steelers 31-17
What was the cardinals final record? Get off their nuts. You would think they outscored all their opponents by 20+ a game this season with all this talk about what an "amazing" offense they have. A one dimensional football team with a average/weak defense is what they really are. We have faced better, more complete offenses then them this year and have shut them down. Joyride ends Sunday
:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:
And this too^^^^

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Trey Wingo and Mark Schlereth on Colin Cowherd...

Trey took the Cards...Mark took the Steelers.

NJarhead
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm beginning to get sick of hearing about Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald and how we can't stop them. Are we the underdog now or what???

I hope our team is sick of hearing about them too.

TeeJay
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM

Steeler Nation ARE the Public! :wink02:

SC Steeler Steve
01-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm beginning to get sick of hearing about Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald and how we can't stop them. Are we the underdog now or what???

I hope our team is sick of hearing about them too.

Bet your ass they are, they cant say it publicly, but I am sure Ike, Troy and Ryan cant wait to get a hold of fitz . And Lamar, James, Arron, Brett, and Casey cant wait to take warner to the cleaners... :tt:

Rick5895
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Steelers 38 Cards 24
BUT< I am somewhat concerned because of the love fest for the west coast Rat birds. Will this impact on the officiating. Harrison has been getting "raped" all playoffs will that continue and will suspect calls go against the Steelers?

NJarhead
01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
They need to be reminded that they're a 9-7 team and playing with house $$.

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. :chuckle:

I like your signature, "Steeler Nation... Taking over one stadium at a time."

I've been told the Steelers don't-play road games..... they play home-games at 31 additional venues.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e7/Pittsburgh_Steeler_fans_15_Oct_2006.jpg/800px-Pittsburgh_Steeler_fans_15_Oct_2006.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 05:15 PM
The "Duke" on ESPN...Takes the Cardinals...27-20.

Mike Tirico, 26-20 Pittsburgh

Van Pelt, Pittsburgh 31-20.

Colin Cowherd took the Steelers as well.

The Duke
01-30-2009, 09:15 PM
The "Duke" on ESPN...Takes the Cardinals...27-20.

No I didn't :flap:

I do take Steelers 27-20 though. It all comes down to the last minute when ben throws a touchdown to willie parker. Winning their 6th superbowl and saving steelers fans from another heart attack at the end of games

warddj86
01-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Keyshawn Johnson - Cardinals 31-17Steve Young - Cardinals 34-31

Keyshawn might be the biggest dumba** picking the game, we lose by two touchdowns!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I heard Brian Baldinger on Jim Rome pick the Cardinals.

I heard NBC Hockey analyst (and former Penguins GM) Pierre MaGuire pick the Steelers.

I think there is a big shift in the media towards the Cardinals winning.

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I heard NBC Hockey analyst (and former Penguins GM) Pierre MaGuire pick the Steelers.

During a break in the action of tonights Flyers @ Lightning game on local central Florida TV, Condi Rice was interviewed from the press-box, and she said she'd be rooting for the Cardinals.....

"..... The Steelers have already won..... what, 4 or 5 Super Bowls, and it'd be good to see somebodyelse win for a change....."

:blah: :blah: :blah:

..... typical gub'ment bullsh!t.....

:mad:

Fire Haley
01-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Bengals pick Steelers to beat Cardinals in Super Bowl

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/29/bengals.jpg

The Bengals are picking the Steelers on Sunday.

No, not the cats stuck in the ice and snow that is southwestern Ohio.

These are the Bengal tiger cubs at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, where Super Bowl tradition calls for the animals to predict the winner. In the past, an Atlantic bottlenose dolphin picked a winner, while the football-kicking African elephant was wide right.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/01/bengals-pick-ar.html