PDA

View Full Version : type of league?

ironcitychef
02-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Just wamted to know what kinda fantasy football people are into. Here are my stats...

draft serpentine style non keeper
QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, PKs
Defense
Special Teams

Get points for touchdowns mainly, but points for performance extras. per x amount of yards and standard games(100 rush/300 pass/50 plus FG)

Just testing the waters to see what people are interested in:chef:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2005, 01:16 PM
I usually play a points leauge, basic, thru yahoo. also play a salary cap league thru TSN..and 2 other basic leagues like you mentioned chef.

clevestinks
03-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Always interested in a fantasy league keep me posted maybe we can start one online for Steelers fans only

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 06:57 PM
we all would ant steelers players lol.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Its gonna be a mad Dash for the Steelers Defense, Hines Ward, and Big Ben ! :bouncy:

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 10:40 PM
whwh ward man i lov ehavign him in FF always try to drfat him hehe.

ironcitychef
03-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Come on got to pick up the bus in later rounds. 5 carries, 3 yards, 3 touchdowns. Gotta love those fantasy stats.

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 10:58 AM
i picked him up last eyra was greta got him in round 8 lol he was more steady then ahmen green lol that i wasted 2ed pick on lol

clevestinks
03-09-2005, 02:38 PM
its hard to take a Steelers back, not enough points in a running back by commitee set. If Duce stayed healthy last year ????

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I grabbed duce last year, but benched him, cuz of injuries.. I didnt get bettis, but whoever did, got some great points out of him. I'll probably try and grab duce this year,and see if he can stay healthy, he was having a helluva year till his hamstring issues.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-10-2005, 08:38 PM
What im thinking of doing is getting kerry collins. in the raiders offense, all he basically does is pass, they don't run the ball much. Now, he has a running game with lamont jordan to help him out a bit. He also has Randy moss, the most explosive player in the NFL, to throw the ball to, along with jerry porter.

I always get hines ward no matter what. But for WR im thinkin about getting andre johnson

BlitzburghRockCity
03-15-2005, 10:04 AM
collins could be a great pic this year, but I wouldnt bank my season on him. He'd be a solid number 2 guy behind another big name to start. collins has been so inconsistent, it would be a huge gamble to start him every week, but it could pay off if he has the season the raiders hope he has.

ironcitychef
03-15-2005, 10:15 AM
I think Collins needs a defense again. Lets just say we know Collins is going to throw picks. So does every other QB. Look at ours. I just remember when he broke out in Carolina that defense was awesome. So If the raiders d can be tough enough to make up for one int a game, then he could be worth it. But man that Defense was not stellar by any means. Ours was #1 in the league and that wasn't enough.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-15-2005, 10:22 AM
defense wins championships...there's no denying that much..but you cant expect them to overcome multiple turnovers and missed opportunities by the offense all the time, especially come play off time. The raiders need ALOT of help on defense.. they may get back in the regular season by scoring a ton of points..but just like what happened in the SB appearance a few years ago, and what happened w/ the colts this year. if you cant play top notch defense..ur going nowhere fast.

JerseySTEEL
03-15-2005, 12:09 PM
yup hehe and if your off even gives the ball up 1 time your screwed hehe

BlitzburghRockCity
04-02-2005, 09:13 AM
since nobody posted in here for awhile, I thought I would.. ok Im done now :busted:

mymaveric
07-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Most of my leagues are head to head, points and positions vary depending on who's running the show.

Lyn
07-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I would like to join a Steelers Fever league. For many years my club (BNGPC) used nfl.com for Fantasy Football. Then all of a sudden and with no warning, nfl.com started charging to play ff. I could not ask my members to pay to play a game they could get for free on Yahoo. Then everyone started charging EXCEPT Yahoo.
Yahoo has a pay FF league you can join but by and large Yahoo was the only one out there who stuck by Joe6Pack, your Average Joe Football Fan.
So that is my .02 cents worth on where I would like to play FF. Loyalty means alot and Yahoo has always been there for me and I am not about to forget it.