PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Steelers Super Bowl Memory?

FrancoFTW
01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
This is mine! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCFAub1KyFI)

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Favorite Steelers Super Bowl Memory?

mine gotta be SB IX, when Rozelle handed the Lombardi Trophy to the Chief in the locker-room at Tulane Stadium:
he had the Trophy in one-hand, and the game-ball in the other, and almost 'ignoring' the Trophy, he briefly held-up the ball, then went about his business of thanking the players.

http://www.profootballhof.com/images/content/assets/story_image/Rooney_Art_SB_1-26-04.jpg

LambertIsGod58
01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Super Bowl X when Lambert threw Cowboys S Cliff Harris to the ground after taunting Roy Gerela after missing a FG>

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Super Bowl X when Lambert threw Cowboys S Cliff Harris to the ground after taunting Roy Gerela after missing a FG>

..... here's a short side-note to that story, as told to me by a Steeler lineman who was on the field.....

Officials in the NFL never speak to players by-name, instead refering to them by-number, such as '#58', or '#43', so that no favoritism is shown.....

when the Officials finally sorted-out that mess, an Official said "..... Mr. Lambert..... we spoke to #43..... and he PROMISES he'll never do that again to your kicker....."

That Steeler told me he'd never heard an Official call a player by-name during a game, and that the Official was almost 'scared' as to what Lambert's reaction might be.....

SteelCityKing
01-30-2009, 06:40 PM
mine would be Super Bowl XL. just being with my friends and family, sharing the moment on a big screen, drinking beer and hanging out. cheering on our Black and Gold to number 5 and watching my then 4-year-old nephew cherring us on and running around in his Steeler gear like a little idiot. haha! great times. this Sunday will be a great testiment to how much fun we had for Super Bowl XL, but i know i'll make memories and new friends regardless of the outcome. i'm ready to just buckle down and have some fun. =)

Go Steelers.

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
mine is when Antwaan Randel El threw a touchdown to Hines Ward

PisnNapalm
02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
I'd have to say, Holmes' catch. I was nearly in tears I was so happy.

steelersfanman92
02-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I'd have to say, Holmes' catch. I was nearly in tears I was so happy.

I agree with that one I was going crazy I couldnt believe it

roethlisbergerUK
02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Fast Willies Run and TD in SB XL !!! The best non playing time moment was seeing THE BUS with the Lombardi on the same night.What a way to end your career !! Very emotional.

fansince'76
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Mine is still Lambert's game-icing pick in SB XIV. XIV is still my favorite Steelers SB game. Don't know why, it just is.

Preacher
02-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I gotta say Ben to HOlmes in teh corner of the endzone.

So close to winning, then losing.

So little time on the clock.

That one play has established Ben in the NFL, and even possibly put Santo on the map.

AllD
02-04-2009, 07:43 PM
The Immaculate Interception. Without it we would have lost.