PDA

View Full Version : Underdogs??

Benzbrother
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Well today is the big "prediction day" among many sportscasters, analysts, and other players from around the league and I've seen an enormous amount of them putting their faith in the Cardinals. Even the Sportsnation Poll on ESPN.com showed that America is calling a red-bird win. Could it be possible that the Steelers, a 7 point favorite, will go into the Super Bowl as the underdog??? Hell, I say bring it on! I LOVE watching people pick against us! :tt:

HometownGal
01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Well today is the big "prediction day" among many sportscasters, analysts, and other players from around the league and I've seen an enormous amount of them putting their faith in the Cardinals. Even the Sportsnation Poll on ESPN.com showed that America is calling a red-bird win. Could it be possible that the Steelers, a 7 point favorite, will go into the Super Bowl as the underdog??? Hell, I say bring it on! I LOVE watching people pick against us! :tt:

Nope. The Steelers will go into the game on Sunday as 6-7 point faves when all is said and done. Sure the polls are going to show a lot of fans leaning towards Cinderella. Hell - I would too if the Steelers weren't in the big game, as I always love to cheer for the underdog. In the long run, though - who really cares who they pick? It's going to come down to what our guys and theirs do on the field on Sunday evening.

steelreserve
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Could it be possible that the Steelers, a 7 point favorite, will go into the Super Bowl as the underdog???

More like 52% of Americans will go into the Super Bowk with their heads up their asses.

LVSteelersfan
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I guess we can SHOCK THE WORLD again then. At least shock the stupid people in the world. I hope they don't bet their mortgages on this game or a lot of Cards supporters will be living on the streets.

SuperSteelers
01-30-2009, 04:24 PM
I guess we can SHOCK THE WORLD again then. At least shock the stupid people in the world. I hope they don't bet their mortgages on this game or a lot of Cards supporters will be living on the streets.

That's OK... the government will bail them out.

AllD
01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
I think those morons need a new Magic 8-ball. They are actually predicting an upset using some convoluted logic. Lombardi would whack them in the skull with a clipboard.

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I guess we can SHOCK THE WORLD again then. At least shock the stupid people in the world.

F'em..... if they're that-stupid, they probably have their tongues stuck in an electrical-socket

tyler289
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Everyone is rooting for the Cardinals. Who cares. If the Steelers win, America will be sad.

PoundinSteel
01-30-2009, 04:53 PM
The media is just trying to make things interesting. I've heard numerous "experts" talk about the Cards as if they were the second coming only to pick the Steelers when put on the spot. DON"T BUY INTO IT!!!

The Cards need a good game fron Warner to win. How many here think we need Ben to have a great day to win?

4xSBChamps
01-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Everyone is rooting for the Cardinals. Who cares. If the Steelers win, America will be sad.
no..... only the idiot talking-heads, who've been trying to hype this beating as a 'game', will be sad

stlrz fan
01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
MIke Tomlin will use this as a motivator for his team. We don't need to play the underdog card but he can use this to say to them that even with their great season they've got nothing without the SB win. It's almost like those that raved about us all season have turned coat in support of this hyped (albeit good) offense os Arizona.

markymarc
01-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Since I was off work today unfortunately I watched a lot of the NFL Network and ESPN. And yes there were quite a few people picking the Cardinals to win. That does not bother me because some people have to root for them. The thing that was very disturbing to me is how many of them actually acted like our defense has no chance of stopping Warner and the offense. They kept going on and on how Warner is going to pick us apart and then of course our offense would not be able to score enough points to keep up with them. Sunday can't get here fast enough so the Steelers can punch them in the face.

lilyoder6
01-30-2009, 09:04 PM
i saw a lot of them are picking the cards as well.. i don't see how the cards can play the under-dog card since evryone and there moms have been talking about them the past 2 weeks