PDA

View Full Version : BIG GAME WILLIE PARKER

goLERS
01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Willie Parker will be absolutely essential in this game. How many yards do you see Fast Willie picking up on Sunday?
:tt03:

redst3
01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Honestly, after looking at the run defense Zona has. I think he will get 136.

...and I say the Steelers win by 10.

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2009, 05:20 PM
I say Parker has 185 yards rushing...but that's because he has two runs of 50 and 65 yards so...like...his other carries are all for 1-3 yards...HA HA!

SteelCityMom
01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Willie Parker will be absolutely essential in this game. How many yards do you see Fast Willie picking up on Sunday?

I agree with you though, I think Willie will have a big day as well and will be essential in opening up the passing game...I'm gonna say 125 yards, possibly more if we're lucky!

It's crazy...a Snuggie commercial is on right now when I opened this thread! It's a sign!

:tt02::tt::tt03:

P.S. Hahaha...I just noticed Kurts got bewbs in that pic too...your sig just cracks me up to no end!

HometownGal
01-30-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm going to say 92 yards and 2 TD's for FWP.

IAWarnerFan
01-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Stopped Michael Turner, stopped DeAngelo Williams, stopped Brian Westbrook. What makes Parker any different? :noidea:

Preacher
01-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Stopped Michael Turner, stopped DeAngelo Williams, stopped Michael Westbrook. What makes Parker any different? :noidea:

Willie is the rare combination that will absolutely KILL You with speed-- but WANTS to run it up the middle and hit you too. For his small size, that is quite amazing. He doesn't have much shake and bake about him. It is just sheer speed. What makes him different, is that if you don't get to him and tie him up in the first couple yards, or give your defense time to get around him, he is GONE.

SteelCityKing
01-30-2009, 09:27 PM
so, with all of this talk about Willie Parker's ass cheeks being the ONLY thing the Zona D ssees this weekend, is it safe to say you are rooting for him for MVP as well!? i mean, with the number who guys are talking...he should snag it without even playing the 4th quarter.

HometownGal
01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Stopped Michael Turner, stopped DeAngelo Williams, stopped Michael Westbrook. What makes Parker any different? :noidea:

Get it right IA - it's BRIAN Westbrook. :doh::flap:

Preacher said it exactly right above. If Parker finds a hole, God help your D - he'll be off to the races. Our OL stunk most of the season, but they've really played well in the playoffs and if they continue with that trend, I'll take FWP over your DL any day of the week and 100 times this Sunday.

SteelCityMom
01-30-2009, 09:38 PM

He plays for a different team maybe? :noidea:

Parkers low stats this year are due only to him missing 5 games and having to play against brutal defenses for most of the season. He was the leagues leading rusher last year, and looks to be back to that form completely.

SteelCityMom
01-30-2009, 09:39 PM
so, with all of this talk about Willie Parker's ass cheeks being the ONLY thing the Zona D ssees this weekend, is it safe to say you are rooting for him for MVP as well!? i mean, with the number who guys are talking...he should snag it without even playing the 4th quarter.

Hey, I'd be perfectly happy with that!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Everybody has been telling Willie that he cant get 100 yds on this Cardinals D and that he only had 1 good run in the Super Bowl.

He is gonna have a big chip on his shoulder and I think unless we have 3 or more turnovers.....he is gonna pile up some yardage. Prediction 97 yards rushing.

goLERS
01-30-2009, 09:49 PM

You were able to load up against the run facing Atlanta. Rookie Ryan just wasn't able to get it done(2 int's and a fumble)...although he almost did. You can't load up against our running game or Ben will torch you with play action.

You didn't stop DeAngelo Williams. Carolina just didn't run him. They were too infatuated watching Delhomme throwing picks. 12 carries for 67 yds isn't too shabby.

Philly ran Westbrook...AGAIN...12 times...I don't care how good you are, if your only getting 12 carries your usally not putting up big numbers. Reid is just too set on throwing the ball. BTW McNabb put up 375 yds on your great defense.

Since Willie has been healthy he has been putting up big numbers(expect against BMore who is like us..NOONE runs on them) and I expect to see more of the same come Sunday.

tony hipchest
01-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Everybody has been telling Willie that he cant get 100 yds on this Cardinals D and that he only had 1 good run in the Super Bowl.

He is gonna have a big chip on his shoulder and I think unless we have 3 or more turnovers.....he is gonna pile up some yardage. Prediction 97 yards rushing.willie.. ben...hines...

have you ever seen 3 accomplished players enter a superbowl with a bigger chip on their shoulder?

thats not even taking into account the o-line (who has been called the worst offensive sb line ever, or the #1 defense that a 9-7 team is gonna run all over). :doh:

i hate to think its gonna be a buzzsaw running through the cardinals, but im definitely feeling it.

and then theres the quiet, humble heath miller with no chip whatsoever. watch him drive off in an escalade. :wink02:

IAWarnerFan
01-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Get it right IA - it's BRIAN Westbrook. :doh::flap:

Preacher said it exactly right above. If Parker finds a hole, God help your D - he'll be off to the races. Our OL stunk most of the season, but they've really played well in the playoffs and if they continue with that trend, I'll take FWP over your DL any day of the week and 100 times this Sunday.

Fixed! Not the first time I've messed that up. First time in a long time tho. :shake01:

markymarc
01-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Stopped Michael Turner, stopped DeAngelo Williams, stopped Brian Westbrook. What makes Parker any different? :noidea:

So let's see Michael Turner had a whopping 18 rushing attempts, Williams and Stewart had a combined 15 rushing attempts and of course Westbrook had 12 rushing attempts. Continue to pound your chest for slowing down all of those running games considering the high rushing attempts numbers :banging: Oh by the way none of those running backs have the breakaway speed like FWP has. IMO FWP will get at least 20 carries on Sunday and yes will be running through your defense. So I guess your defense will also be able to slow down Ben. Keep believing the hype.

steelerzfannforever
01-30-2009, 11:34 PM
I look for Willie to have somewhere between 80 and 105 yards in this game. I hope its alot more because that means we are eating the Cards alive.

devilsdancefloor
01-30-2009, 11:36 PM
I agree with you though, I think Willie will have a big day as well and will be essential in opening up the passing game...I'm gonna say 125 yards, possibly more if we're lucky!

It's crazy...a Snuggie commercial is on right now when I opened this thread! It's a sign!

:tt02::tt::tt03:

P.S. Hahaha...I just noticed Kurts got bewbs in that pic too...your sig just cracks me up to no end!

:jawdrop: do they duct tape them down under the pads?:noidea: