PDA

View Full Version : 32nd Pick

MDSteel15
01-31-2009, 12:48 AM
With this pick, these players available, who do you take?

I take Mack believing he is a mainstay for the next 10 seasons! :tt03:

Galax Steeler
01-31-2009, 03:38 AM
He would be a good start to rebuilding the line and I think it all starts with a center.

Texasteel
01-31-2009, 05:31 AM
Britton could be the last of the top notch OTs that we would get a shot at for some time, and would probably end up at LT for us. I love Mack and I've been pushing him all year, but there would still be 3 very goog OCs left on the board. My favorite of the 3 would be Wood.

steelerdave1969
01-31-2009, 06:22 AM
It would definitely very much astonish me if Britton is still there at 31 or 32. Just dont see it myself. But if he is there he would be my choice. Alex Mack was dominated at the senior bowl by DT B.J. Raji on just about every play, we already have offensive linemen like that..
:helmet:

KeiselPower99
01-31-2009, 01:13 PM
I dont think we need a center first. Hartwig has performed good this year and we could get Wood in the 2nd maybe 3rd. I go for the BPA.

SunshineMan21
01-31-2009, 01:59 PM
It would definitely very much astonish me if Britton is still there at 31 or 32. Just dont see it myself. But if he is there he would be my choice. Alex Mack was dominated at the senior bowl by DT B.J. Raji on just about every play, we already have offensive linemen like that..

Actually, from what I've heard Mack was far and away the best lineman against Raji.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Britton could be the last of the top notch OTs that we would get a shot at for some time, and would probably end up at LT for us. I love Mack and I've been pushing him all year, but there would still be 3 very goog OCs left on the board. My favorite of the 3 would be Wood.

Right on the money!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2009, 02:46 PM

Everyone is talking about Boston College's B.J. Raji, and for good reason. Raji measured 6 feet today and weighed 334 pounds. He's built like an oak stump, but he has excellent quickness for a guy that size. He typically had his way with offensive linemen today. The only guy who was able to handle Raji was Cal center Alex Mack, who was easily the best offensive linemen on the North squad and who was considerably better than Oregon's Max Unger, whom many publications have rated higher than Mack. Mack got the better of Raji during team drills, at one point standing him up and driving him backward.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/018719.html

Mack is also versatile enough to play Guard or Center

SunshineMan21
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Honestly, I would be pleased with any of the O-lineman mentioned; I think it's likely our decision will be made to some extent for us by the teams drafting ahead of us.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-31-2009, 05:24 PM

You never watched the Senior Bowl week or game did you???

Mack was the one doing the dominating and the only one that could hancle Raji in practice. In the game, Wood handled Raji on several occasions. I believe Mel Kiper that Mack has been the best Center all season........I dont belive you saw any of his games.

I still take Britton, because LT's are hard to find. I would trade up in the 2nd to get Mack, Wood, Robinson or wait till pick #2 for Canfield or Urbik.

lilyoder6
01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
i would like 2 mack get drafted... but i would like 2 see what we do with our FA and what not.. i think getting a d-line is important as well to start grooming....

Give It To Abercrombie
01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Mack
Britton
Jackson
Robinson

Mack can be a mainstay for a long time to come.
I don't know much about britton admittedly but have heard good things and think tackle is our #1 offensive need.
I just wasn't impressed with Robinson enough as a guard and think Colon can be a good guard if we replace him at tackle. Plus I can live with Kemo and Stapleton fir a while.

Believe43
02-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Whatever comes out of the draft, we definitely need to shore up the Offensive Line, with a dominate offensive line the Super Bowl would have been a blow out long before the 4th quarter. Need a line that allows the running backs to get out of the backfield before they are hit and not to have Ben running for his life at the snap of the ball. About all the other pieces are in place and just need to add some depth. Should get a little better with Mendenhall, Simmons, and Sepulveda back healthy next year. O-line and some depth and we should be talking about a new dynasty.....

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
i say MACK

Acerero'1972
02-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Mack

drizze99
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Easy... Alex Mack