PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie Quotes Thread:

xfl2001fan
01-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Take your three favorite movie quotes/scenes. (It can be a short dialogue if need be)

Try to stay away from the cheesy ("I'll be Back") items.

From Good Will Hunting:

Sean (Robin Williams): My wife used to fart when she was nervous. She had all sorts of wonderful little idiosyncrasies. She used to fart in her sleep. I thought Id share that with you. One night it was so loud it woke the dog up. She woke up and went ah was that you? And I didnt have the heart to tell her. Oh!

Will (Matt Damon): She woke herself up?

Sean: Ah...! But Will, shes been dead for 2 years, and that's the shit I remember: wonderful stuff you know? Little things like that. Those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I know about: that's what made her my wife. Oh she had the goods on me too, she knew all my little peccadilloes. People call these things imperfections, but there not. Ah, that's the good stuff.

Dark Knight

Wayne Enterprises accountant Coleman Reese believes that he's discovered Batman's secret identity, and is trying to blackmail Fox]
Lucius Fox: Let me get this straight: You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands. And your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck.

Gladiator:

[Maximus looks at images of his wife and son]
Juba: Can they hear you?
Maximus: Who?
Juba: Your family. In the afterlife.
Maximus: Oh yes.
Juba: What do you say to them?
Maximus: To my son - I tell him I will see him again soon. To keep his heels down while riding his horse. To my wife... that is not your business.

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 11:22 AM
"gentlemen...welcome to Fight Club."

i love that quote. but i don't know what movie it's in. gosh! =)

43Hitman
01-31-2009, 11:53 AM
We got a thread on this already fellas/ladies.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=29573

Steelcitygal87
01-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Casablanca

"Play it again, Sam" & "Here's looking at you, kid" :drink:......Humphrey Bogart

steelwall
01-31-2009, 12:15 PM
"You ever came across a guy that you later said I should not have F'ed with? ......Well I'm that guy"

Clint Eastwood- Gran Torino

xfl2001fan
01-31-2009, 12:15 PM
We got a thread on this already fellas/ladies.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=29573

Aww crap, I forgot about that one. My bad.

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
"You ever came across a guy that you later said I should not have F'ed with? ......Well I'm that guy"

Clint Eastwood- Gran Torino

haha! now THAT is a great line. too bad he didn't get an Oscar nod for that role. he was intense...and a little bat shit crazy if you ask me! haha!

TeeJay
01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
"I don't think I have to remind you that this war has been going on for almost 5 years. Over half of Europe has been overrun and occupied. We're comparative newcomers. England's gone through a blitz with a knife at her throat since 1940. I'm quite sure that they, too, are impatient and itching to go. Do I make myself clear"?

The Longest Day (I'm biased on this one!:wink02:)

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Jaws - Can never tire of watching Jaws - RIP Roy.

"My precious."

The Lord of the Rings – You have no idea how long I waited for that to be on the big screen!!

VegasStlrFan
01-31-2009, 01:21 PM
2 that come to mind are from Tombstone both from Doc Holiday to Johnny Ringo.

"I'm your Huckleberry" and "Your a Daisy if ya Do"

AllD
01-31-2009, 02:16 PM
"There are those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig."

BrandonCarr39
02-01-2009, 01:35 AM
James Woods in 1986's "Cop" - "Good news is that I'm a cop and I'm going to have to arrest you and take you into custody...bad news is that I just got suspended, got my badge and gun taken away, and I don't give a ****!".(or something like that)