PDA

View Full Version : hey there

3 to be 4
01-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Patriot fan since early 70's who just moved from Leominster,Ma to Florence,SC of all places!
I love talking to Steeler fans because of their passion and knowledge, because Patriot sites are filled with college aged Boston kids who just say "Yeeeeeaaaah, Braddy ruules, go Pats!!!!!", and because its fun amd more of a challenge getting other perspectives.
I was a huge fan of the 70's Steelers growing up (as Patriot seasons were over, say in late September, so you needed a team to root for come playoff time)
I consider the Steeler the 2nd best team in football and i wish you all the best, until you play the Patriots.

BB2W
01-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Welcome to SF... we have a lot of Patriot fans here. I guess because we have developed a bit of an out of division rivalry, althought the rivalry is a bit one-sided right now. Congrats on what your Patriots have accomplished the last few years.

SteelR1
01-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Hello, I at Shaw AFB, just 30 minutes south of Florence.

Welcome to the forum and ENJOY!!!!

Steelerbabe28
01-01-2006, 10:15 AM
hello, Im new here to and i think Im going to stick around on this site a bit. i have read a few good football conversations so far. Im hoping to bring the Steelers some luck next time we play you Patssies. ;)

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Welcome to SF! Enjoy!

LambertIsGod58
01-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Welcome 3 to be 4.....I hate losing to your Pats. But, I can't think of a team I respect more than NE. Best coached team in the league. It's great to have another 70's fan on the site. I grew up watching them since I came out of the womb. That's one thing about Steeler fans....they live and die by their team.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Welcome to SF

Koopa
01-01-2006, 11:34 PM
welcome to SF mayne

SteelerFanInATL
01-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Leominister, I used to live down Route 2 in Ayer (Ft. Devens) for nine years. Both my children were born at the hospital in Fitchburgh, MA. Welcome to SF, the best fan site on the internet. Enjoy.

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Leominister, I used to live down Route 2 in Ayer (Ft. Devens) for nine years. Both my children were born at the hospital in Fitchburgh, MA. Welcome to SF, the best fan site on the internet. Enjoy.

wow! small world. what years were you there? I miss my hole-in-the-wall Korean restaurant in Ayer. Fitchburg/Leominster is really starting to come as a place to live. We just couldnt take the snow anymore and the nasty people. Besides, the wife wanted to try the south and i learned about 7 years ago that the key to marriage was saying "Yes,Dear"

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Hello, I at Shaw AFB, just 30 minutes south of Florence.

Welcome to the forum and ENJOY!!!!

hey,coool. ive been as far south as the Old SChoolhouse Barbeque on rt 52 in Scranton.
of course ive gotten to the BEaches, Charleston,Columbia,Charlotte and down 95 to Disneyworld...but not straight south of Florence. haha

btw, THANK YOU for your service. I admire you greatly for that.

SteelerFanInATL
01-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I lived in MA from 86 to 95. Was stationed at Devens with 10th SFG(A). I also have about five friends here in ATL that were there with me also.

3 to be 4
01-05-2006, 06:33 PM
I lived in MA from 86 to 95. Was stationed at Devens with 10th SFG(A). I also have about five friends here in ATL that were there with me also.

thats fantastic. thank you for serving as well.
My Dad was stationed at DEvens in the 50's and growing up i always heard about the winters in Lancaster. Who knew that in 2000 we would move to Leominster. one of my great thrills was taking my mom back to their house in Lancaster.