Congratulations Rod! :tt02:
Sorry to Dermotti Dawson:drink:
Ha, ha Shannon Sharpe.:laughing:

stillers4me
01-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Congrats, Rod! :tt03:

CPanther95
01-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Dermotti will have to wait - but he'll get in.

Happy for Bruce Smith.

Edman
01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
If he's not going in as a Steeler, it doesn't matter to me.

Fire Haley
01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Bruce Smith, Rod Woodson, Randall McDaniel, Bob Hayes, Derrick Thomas and Ralph Wilson were elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.

No Shannon? ha ha! indeed

Steelcitygal87
01-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Congratulations, Rod! :tt03::drink: Such an intelligent player.....

“I've seen that route every day in practice, and I've seen it every Sunday for 12 years, you're not going to fool me on that.”

Rod Woodson quote

“I think it's going to start with our defense -- and it's got to start with our corners.”

Rod Woodson quote

CPanther95
01-31-2009, 01:53 PM

Why wouldn't he? Don't they always use the bulk of the career as the Primary - or is it up to the inductee?

VegasStlrFan
01-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Why wouldn't he? Don't they always use the bulk of the career as the Primary - or is it up to the inductee?

Pretty sure its up to the Inductee

steveironcity
01-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Congrats to Rod

fansince'76
01-31-2009, 01:59 PM
And Dirt, the best center of his era by a longshot, is still on the outside looking in mainly because he never got a ring. Thanks again, Neil. :mad:

SteelerFanInATL
01-31-2009, 02:03 PM

I would be suprised if he does not go in a Steeler.:tt02::helmet::tt::tt03:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-31-2009, 02:07 PM

He's already said he would go in as a Steeler, the guy is a black and gold yinzer. :tt02::tt02:

Steelcitygal87
01-31-2009, 02:11 PM
And Dirt, the best center of his era by a longshot, is still on the outside looking in mainly because he never got a ring. Thanks again, Neil. :mad:

Rod Woodson on Dawson

"I really hope Dermontti gets in...he was a tremendous, tremendous athlete, and I don't think people really understand that. I don't know if he was the first center to snap the football and lead on the sweep, but I've never seen a player do it as good. "

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Excellent...I love the current team..but that backfield of Woodson and Lake was something to behold.

IronFan
01-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Dawson is one of the best centers to ever play the game. He shouldn't be waiting.

Woodson is probably my all time favorite athlete in any sport, period. Great to see him get his due.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2009, 02:17 PM

Enshrinees dont go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a specific team....all their teams are listed.
(But we know that he bleeds black and gold!!!!!!)

Steelcitygal87
01-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Excellent...I love the current team..but that backfield of Woodson and Lake was something to behold.

AMEN :tt03: Carnell Lake..I miss him. One thing about Woodson that always made me nervous...the way he carried the ball( like a loaf of bread) when he would return kicks...I always held my breath lol.

St33lersguy
01-31-2009, 02:22 PM
It is a damn shame Dermonti is still waiting
Message to Rod :applaudit:
Message to loudmouth Sharpe :laughing: :laughing: ha ha ha ha ha

Stang909
01-31-2009, 02:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that you go in as a player, coach, or contributor. They put all the teams you played for on the bust. Its not like baseball where you are in as a member of a team.

I'm not 100% sure though.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
AMEN :tt03: Carnell Lake..I miss him. One thing about Woodson that always made me nervous...the way he carried the ball( like a loaf of bread) when he would return kicks...I always held my breath lol.

One of my favorite memories of Woodson......coming back from the serious knee injury....playing in Super Bowl XXX and pointing at the knee after breaking up a pass meant for Michael Irvin.

I know ALL of you remember that moment!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that you go in as a player, coach, or contributor. They put all the teams you played for on the bust. Its not like baseball where you are in as a member of a team.

I'm not 100% sure though.

You are correct...even the bust doesnt indicate a specific team

xfl2001fan
01-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Congratulations to Rod. Well earned!

For D. Dawson, sorry bout your luck. Unfortunately, you don't get to claim you were a 1000 yard rusher (though you paved the way for many). You (specifically) have no stats that anybody tracks...and so only your teammates and the opposing D-lineman/Coaches will truly understand your impact. Your not getting in is a true shame...and as time goes by, in all likelihood, your chances will get slimmer. In my mind, you're more worthy of the HoF than many other's who are in now...for what little that is worth.

Steelcitygal87
01-31-2009, 02:45 PM
One of my favorite memories of Woodson......coming back from the serious knee injury....playing in Super Bowl XXX and pointing at the knee after breaking up a pass meant for Michael Irvin.

I know ALL of you remember that moment!!!!

:tt03: I remember it as if it was yesterday!

TeeJay
01-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Last year, when the BBC showed the Super Bowl, Rod was one of the expert guests you always have. It was awesome to see him, but there was one thing missing…and the hosts kept bringing it up…...his SB ring. He said he forgot it….he’d taken it off or something like that and had forgotten to put it back on.

Now you know damn well, had that ring been etched with the words ‘Pittsburgh Steelers’ there’s no way in hell RW would’ave forgotten to put that baby back on!

You deserve the HoF just for your 10 years as a Steeler RW :thumbsup:……we’ll forgive the rest! :wink02:

OneForTheToe
01-31-2009, 04:10 PM
A well deserved class all around. Dirt deserves to be included, but I think he will still get in (Right after Limas Sweeeeeeed).:tt::wink02:

Texasteel
01-31-2009, 04:19 PM
He earned this. Well done Rod.

JackHammer
01-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Congrats to Rod. I can't wait to see the turnout for his induction. It's going to be nice seeing Canton invaded by Black n Gold once again. Too bad for Dirt though. He's one of the best centers ever and they should have recognized him for that, but his time will come soon enough.

jjpro11
01-31-2009, 04:49 PM
awesome that he got in 1st ballot.. just another steeler in the hall. bus and dirt will both be in within the next 5 years. :tt02:

4xSBChamps
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM

it's been probably 25 years (maybe 30+?) since I last visited Canton, but I believe each inductee has a painting, on the wall, behind his bust, and the inductee can determine which team is represented in that painting:
I've been told that Marcus Allen has a depition of his days with the Chiefs, ignoring the majority of his career with the Raidez

HometownGal
01-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Congratulations Rod! :applaudit::hatsoff: We were all proud to have you wearing the black 'n gold! Much deserved! :tt02:

SC Steeler Steve
01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Rod will go in as a Steeler, I am sure of it. Congratulations Rod. And congratulations to everyone making it in.

stlrtruck
01-31-2009, 06:48 PM
I might have to take a vacation that weekend and bring The Princess for that induction!!

Hmmmm. Wonder if it's in the budget?

CanadianSteel
01-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Congrats Hot Rod .... man could you ball.

Will have to dust off the old #26 jeresey for the induction ceremony....

St33lersguy
01-31-2009, 09:37 PM
awesome that he got in 1st ballot.. just another steeler in the hall. bus and dirt will both be in within the next 5 years. :tt02:

Sadly I have a feeling that Dirt will just keep waiting and maybe even the bus will have to wait longer do to his fumble against Indy in the playoffs.

Also why are names such as Kevin Greene, Donnie Shell, L.C. Greeenwood still waiting. They were just as good if not better than guys who have made it in

steelers2685
02-01-2009, 12:51 AM
I just watched the announcement on ESPN a few minutes ago. I'm REALLY excited for him. He was my first 'favorite' Steeler and I can remember to this day crying when they lost to the Kansas City Chiefs back in 93 I think it was because I wanted him to get to a Super Bowl so bad (D.J. Johnson, the opposite cornerback, got ejected from that game IIRC and fans threw drinks at him walking back to the tunnel).

In either case, I always wished that the Steelers would have kept him on the team and paid him what he wanted. You gotta give a guy credit who comes back from the type of knee injury he suffered in the 94 season (I remember watching that too, what was it like first play against the Lions that day???) and being able to play in the Super Bowl. Nothing beats him jumping up and pointing at that knee, shaking his head, when he tackled that Dallas receiver.

I was curious though, had he retired a Steeler or no?

Congrats to the Hot Rod, thanks for the memories that got me into watching Steelers football to begin with!!!

Galax Steeler
02-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Congratilations to Woodson well deserved and hopefully Dawson will make it in the next time.

VTsteel
02-01-2009, 07:20 AM

He did say that he was going in as a Steeler.

“I think it's going to start with our defense -- and it's got to start with our corners.”

Rod Woodson quote

I think this statement is still true for todays defense - I'm really hoping for some real strong play at the corners today.

:tt03:

SteelerFanInATL
02-01-2009, 10:46 AM
On the Gameday Morning Show on The NFL Network this morning Woodson gave a hint IMO on what team he will represent going into the HOF if there was any doubt. Now this hint was not a verbal one but like many of us do during the season he was sporting his colors with the YELLOW tie with BLACK stripes. Just my $.02 but I beleive he did that on purpose.

CantStop85
02-01-2009, 11:31 AM
On the Gameday Morning Show on The NFL Network this morning Woodson gave a hint IMO on what team he will represent going into the HOF if there was any doubt. Now this hint was not a verbal one but like many of us do during the season he was sporting his colors with the YELLOW tie with BLACK stripes. Just my $.02 but I beleive he did that on purpose.

Players go into the NFL Hall of Fame as individuals, not as members of any particular team.

markymarc
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Big congrats for Rod Woodson getting into the HOF. Just an amazing athlete and CB during his playing days. Wonder who will give the honorary speech for Rod when officially inducted. Now please get Dirt in there. Damn shame he is still not in there.