PDA

View Full Version : Will the Bengals go all out?

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Tigers in the tank?

Will the Bengals tank it in Kansas City today to try to avoid playing the Steelers next week? A Cincinnati loss coupled with a New England victory would pit the Jacksonville Jaguars against the Bengals and the Steelers at the New England Patriots.

There's a strong feeling in Cincinnati that the Bengals would be better off playing against the Jaguars than the Steelers. That prompted veteran offensive tackle Willie Anderson to address the possible matchup.

"Don't panic. Cincinnati, do not panic," he said. "If we're playing Pittsburgh, don't get scared on us now. It's a home game. Let's all be excited.

"Our city should be excited about getting a home playoff game. If it's Pittsburgh, it's Pittsburgh. We'll take them on."

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-01-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't think that they want to go into the playoffs on a two game losing streak.

SteelR1
01-01-2006, 09:59 AM
They'll play all out!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Marvin Lewis is too classy of a guy to ever tank a game on purpose, and the bengals are still trying to convince the league they are for real so all they wanna do is win heading into the playoffs and go as far as they can.

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 10:29 AM
I think they would want to go in with some momentum.

CantStop85
01-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, we tanked the game on purpose...:redface:

We should be alright on offense with Carson, Levi Jones, and Chris Perry back next week...as far as the defense goes...hopefully we'll keep those turnovers coming because we'll need them.

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I was surprise the Larry Johson had his way with them. I can see resting players, but you need momentum.
Hopefully we have it!

Suitanim
01-02-2006, 08:14 AM
These are two teams going in opposite directions right now...I guarantee the Bengals want nothing to do with the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Ive said it all year and I'll say it again.. when you cant stop the run you cant win in the playoffs.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Willie Parker needs to come up huge this week!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Our offense will be fine this week, I think we really need to be concerened w/ our defense stepping it up again after that performance yesterday.

We can run on the bengals, we always have been able too that wont be a problem, and if Ben takes care of the ball and doesnt take many chances he'll be ok w/ the short to intermediate passing game.. but our defense better get it together.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 10:58 AM
I`m glad to see the Bengals lose this week, I thought they should have at least put up a fight. Lets kick them while thier down!

CantStop85
01-02-2006, 07:36 PM
I would rather see a big dose of Willie Parker than Jerome Bettis. I think the bengals defense could stop or at least contain Parker because the defense is pretty fast and athletic, but I know they couldn't stop Jerome Bettis...he's just way too powerful.