PDA

View Full Version : Brees!

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Anyone hear about the extent of Drew Brees injury. Damn it looked painful!

BB2W
01-01-2006, 09:17 AM
All I heard was dislocated shoulder...

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah thats all I heard as well on NFL Network.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Weird that they wouldnt say anything to the media after the xrays

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty sure they just said dislocated shoulder and he needs surgery.

SteelR1
01-01-2006, 10:59 AM
That sucks, now you'll hear news of Bree's vs Rivers again..

LambertIsGod58
01-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Rivers played pretty well I thought...He deserves to be a starter somewhere else. Miami or Minnesota could use him.

boLT fan
01-01-2006, 12:11 PM
For those who didn't see it: http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1DHAVZFTDBRWA0OUWODH4C35D0

You have to respect him for sacraficing his body like that in a MEANINGLESS game. I really hope we trade Rivers for someone good on D.

Brady12
01-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Yes, someone posted it above, Drew Brees must have surgery... There goes the 1st Pro Bowl Alternate.

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Wow! That looked painful.

BB2W
01-02-2006, 02:26 PM
SAN DIEGO -- Chargers quarterback Drew Brees has a torn labrum in his right shoulder and plans to have surgery as quickly as possible.

Brees dislocated the shoulder in Saturday's home loss to the Denver Broncos. The team suspected then that he had a torn labrum, which was confirmed during an MRI on Sunday.

The fifth-year pro plans to get a second opinion from noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala.

"Obviously I'd like to get this thing operated on as soon as possible," Brees said Monday. "We're all very optimistic. The doctors are very optimistic, saying that this is something that they've seen before, done before, It shouldn't be a big deal."

Brees anticipates a four-month rehab.

Brees was hurt late in the second quarter Saturday. He dropped back to pass in his end zone and was blindsided by safety John Lynch, who knocked the ball loose. Brees dived for the ball and defensive tackle Gerard Warren landed on him.

"In order for it to be dislocated, some other things are going to have to give way. The labrum was the thing that kind of gave way," Brees said.

"I feel like I'm going to come back better than ever. In my mind, I don't think anything's changed. I'm serious."

Brees' injury could complicate the Chargers' decision on their quarterback surplus. Brees played this year under an $8 million, one-year contract as the team's "franchise" player, while backup Philip Rivers has four years left on his contract.

Rivers replaced Brees on Saturday and led the Chargers on their only scoring drive.

Brees led the Chargers to the AFC West title in 2004, but regressed some this season. The Chargers (9-7) missed the playoffs for the ninth time in 10 seasons.

link-----> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2278077

SteelerDan43
01-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I have that same injury ( I swim in college ) and you cant throw for shit with it. If i throw a ball more that 10 times I have a hard time moving my arm the next morning. I find out on the 9th what i should do as far as treatment goes. Believe me a torn labrum is not fun at all

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 03:08 PM
good insight steelerdan.

i think marty shot... is being unfairly critisized for starting brees. if rivers wouldve started and sustained the same injury marty would be ripped for that decision also. hes damned if he does and damned if he dont.

SteelerDan43
01-02-2006, 03:17 PM
good insight steelerdan.

i think marty shot... is being unfairly critisized for starting brees. if rivers wouldve started and sustained the same injury marty would be ripped for that decision also. hes damned if he does and damned if he dont.

I agree, Marty IMO is way overcritisized