PDA

View Full Version : Future Super Bowls?

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 08:08 PM
i know it's a little early to jump on the "who's hosting the next Super Bowl?" bandwagon. but i read that the Indianapolis Colts are hosting in 2012 at Lucas Oil Stadium. so...what about the next 2 years in between? probably the new Giants stadium and i think Minnesota would be swell. anyone down to discuss?

lilyoder6
01-31-2009, 08:26 PM
well the next superbowl is in miami and the one after that is in the new dallas stadium... don't know how much there is to discuss

Harrison92
01-31-2009, 08:28 PM
I heard maybe Kansas City in the distant future:noidea:

Borski
01-31-2009, 08:49 PM
i know it's a little early to jump on the "who's hosting the next Super Bowl?" bandwagon. but i read that the Indianapolis Colts are hosting in 2012 at Lucas Oil Stadium. so...what about the next 2 years in between? probably the new Giants stadium and i think Minnesota would be swell. anyone down to discuss?

I doubt they'd do the Giants or Minnesota. They preffer warm climates.

It might be interesting to have the SB in Hawaii one year since the Pro Bowl won't be there anymore.

Godfather
01-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Goodell has indicated that New Orleans will get another one as soon as they can be sure the Saints will still be there.

lilyoder6
01-31-2009, 10:00 PM
the kansas cheifs and the royals tried to get a rolling dome the last 2 yrs.., so they could make both stadiums a possible dome and then they could bid for the sb and the world series.... but it is way way to much money

SteelCityMan786
01-31-2009, 10:17 PM
Next Year:Miami
2011:Dallas
2012:Indianapolis
2013:Possibly Houston

BrandonCarr39
02-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Goodell has indicated that New Orleans will get another one as soon as they can be sure the Saints will still be there.

Their lease will run out in '11, I think. With the way the city is struggling, and has a long way to go before they get back to the way they were before the hurricane, I doubt the state can afford to renew their lease. With all the rumors of L.A. wanting an NFL franchise, it wouldn't surprise me if they get the Saints.

OneForTheToe
02-01-2009, 01:57 AM
If the Saints do leave I hope the NFL does with the Saints what they did with the Brownies. They should make the Saints leave the name and all the records in New Orleans, in the case of a new franchise, if the city can ever support a new team. Somehow, the Los Angeles Saints doesn't seem right.

Although, leaving may be harder than Bensen thinks. In this economy, I don't think anybody is going to get public financing for a new Stadium.

SteelCityMan786
02-01-2009, 09:57 AM
If the Saints do leave I hope the NFL does with the Saints what they did with the Brownies. They should make the Saints leave the name and all the records in New Orleans, in the case of a new franchise, if the city can ever support a new team. Somehow, the Los Angeles Saints doesn't seem right.

Although, leaving may be harder than Bensen thinks. In this economy, I don't think anybody is going to get public financing for a new Stadium.

The only team other the Saints in my opinion that have a shot of moving from their current site is the Jaguars.

Godfather
02-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Their lease will run out in '11, I think. With the way the city is struggling, and has a long way to go before they get back to the way they were before the hurricane, I doubt the state can afford to renew their lease. With all the rumors of L.A. wanting an NFL franchise, it wouldn't surprise me if they get the Saints.

Plus by now they can move the Saints without taking the PR hit that would have come with leaving New Orleans in 2005.

However, if Benson leaves it would more likely be to San Antonio. He doesn't have a lot of interest in Los Angeles. Either way it woud be a shame. Saints fans have packed the Dome for years in spite of having a horrible franchise through most of the last 40 years.

xfl2001fan
02-01-2009, 11:48 AM

LA doesn't want a franchise...the NFL wants a franchise in LA. If LA wanted an NFL Franchise, it would have kept the Rams/Raiders.

The NFL just doesn't like the fact that it's missing out on a "large market."

Pittsburgh isn't a large market by "NFL Standards" but their games always sell out because of FAN INTEREST. That's what really determines the market...and LA just doesn't have it. They like their Lakers...and that's about it.

T.Richardson
02-01-2009, 11:40 PM
I wish Pittsburgh could host one.

steelreserve
02-02-2009, 12:56 PM
LA doesn't want a franchise...the NFL wants a franchise in LA. If LA wanted an NFL Franchise, it would have kept the Rams/Raiders.

In all fairness, USC probably could have beaten either one of those teams this year.

JPPT1974
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Seems like, every Super Bowl is either in:

Florida
California
Louisana!

warddj86
02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
The only team other the Saints in my opinion that have a shot of moving from their current site is the Jaguars.

Yeah I think the NFL should move the Jags to LA and set it up like this:

AFC North
1 Pittsburgh
2 Cincinatti
3 Cleveland
4 Baltimore

AFC South
1 Indianapolis
2 Houston
3 Tennessee
4 Kansas City

AFC West
1 LA Jaguars
2 San Diego
3 Denver
4 Oakland

AFC East
1 New England
2 New York
3 Miami
4 Buffalo

NFC North
1 Green Bay
2 Chicago
3 Minnesota
4 Detroit

NFC South
1 N'awlins
2 Carolina
3 Tampa Bay
4 Atlanta

NFC East
1 NYG
2 Washington
3 Philadelphia
4 Dallas

Huh, what u think, Jacksonville doesn't sell out even though they have a great team most of the time in recent years, Huh?

silver & black
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
In all fairness, USC probably could have beaten either one of those teams this year.

I highly doubt it. That always sounds so cool to say, but the truth is that even the sorriest NFL team (my Raiders) would probably stomp the piss out of ANY college team.

Benzbrother
02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I think they should play a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh....quit babyin the damn players and make em play in some REAL weather! haha

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I think they should rotate the game between states. Indy should host one soon cause they have that new dome. I would like to see the game return to play in L.A. or even Pasadena. Same with San Antonio. I dont think the same city should host the game til at least 8 years after the last one.

SteelCityMan786
02-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I think they should rotate the game between states. Indy should host one soon cause they have that new dome. I would like to see the game return to play in L.A. or even Pasadena. Same with San Antonio. I dont think the same city should host the game til at least 8 years after the last one.

Indy is doing so in 2012.