PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Clarret sighting!

BB2W
01-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I just heard on ESPN that Maurice Clarret is wanted by Columbus police on two counts of aggrivated robbery. He held up two guys at gun point behind a bar. He took there cell phone a fled...

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Maurice Clarett is wanted by Columbus police for posibble robbery, i thought they said armed robbery! How far will he fall????

Heard this on ESPN just now!

SteelR1
01-01-2006, 10:00 AM
It's a shame such talent will be ruined by off the field mistakes!!!

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Merged the threads. And on another note what the heck is this guy thinking.

LambertIsGod58
01-01-2006, 10:32 AM
I am glad to see this happen to Clarett. I think he was nothing but a piece of garbage....Hope he rots in prison. He is a disgrace to the game. That's why is was fitting that he had the backing of Jim Brown. Another talented player, but a piece of garbage. It's sad to say about someone who played college ball in your hometown.

BB2W
01-01-2006, 10:40 AM
This is the first print I found on it...

Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett is wanted by Columbus Police for allegedly robbing two people early Sunday morning.

According to police, at 1:45 a.m. Clarett, armed with a handgun, approached two people in an alley near the Opium Lounge and demanded that they turn over their property.

Clarett then got into a white SUV with two other unknown African-American males and sped away.

Neither victim was injured.

The 22-year-old is now wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery.

link -----> http://www.wbns10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4306264

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Its all part of his grand plan to get back in the NFL.

He knows that a felony conviction gets you a spot on the Ravens roster.

NM

LambertIsGod58
01-01-2006, 11:04 AM
LOL, put Clarett and Lewis in the same backfield. 3rd down and life without parole. LOL!!

geran42o
01-01-2006, 11:14 AM

NM
ROTFLMFAO that is some funny shite.

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Rock bottom! The very bottom! How friggin stupid. Just imamine how many people would have loved to had the future this guy SHOULD of had

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Sign of an Ohio State player with no discipline.

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Sign of an Ohio State player with no discipline.
I hate to say it, but you are so right! It seems thier former players always find themselves in trouble.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 09:38 PM

NM

:rofl: sad but true !!!

On my own personal opinion..claurett deserves what he gets.. this guy had a chance to be a star and a millionaire on the greatest stage in sports today..but instead he chose to be stupid and throw it all away time after time.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 10:05 PM
I hate to say it, but you are so right! It seems thier former players always find themselves in trouble.

The Only Ohio State Players That have discipline have before or are with the Steelers.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-01-2006, 10:51 PM

NM

hahahah
thats awesome

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 11:27 PM
LITP, to funny, but to true!

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:45 PM

NM

Hey Billick We Found you you're next a$$hole to sign. Maurice Clarret. A moron who is on grand theft auto.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 07:14 AM
The Ratbirds can use J.Lewis and Clarett depending on who is out on work release

Suitanim
01-02-2006, 08:32 AM
The unfair knock against OSU aside, I find this story to be very, very sad. Here's a kid who literally had the World in the palm of his hand, but wouldn't listen to the right people, and ended up destroying his own life. I'm sure his HS coach and Jim tressel both feel disgusted that so much potential was wasted.

The damage he did to the University will take years to recover from, and the worst part is that this kid has ZERO credibilty, and probably just strung one lie about OSU after another together for simple revenge...

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 08:43 AM
The unfair knock against OSU aside, I find this story to be very, very sad. Here's a kid who literally had the World in the palm of his hand, but wouldn't listen to the right people, and ended up destroying his own life. I'm sure his HS coach and Jim tressel both feel disgusted that so much potential was wasted.

The damage he did to the University will take years to recover from, and the worst part is that this kid has ZERO credibilty, and probably just strung one lie about OSU after another together for simple revenge...
OSU does take some knocks, some true some not. But its easy to rip on them when so many of thier former players have dug problems, and legal issues. And I did mention earlier, he had it made, he blew it. It is a shame mostly because they could have given his scholarship to a good kid, that would have used it!

BB2W
01-02-2006, 11:45 AM
I heard that the robbery was broken up by the bar owner who walked out back a saw it. He also said he knows Clarret, and both the victims. Sounds strange... I don't know why Maurice would do something like this. I can't picture him addicted to drugs, but you never know.

I also heard that he would have likely been picked up by a team today and allocated to NFL Europe.

His whole story is sad... after his freshman year at OSU I thought he would go on to be one of the best runners the game has ever seen.

BB2W
01-02-2006, 01:15 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A man who told police he was robbed in an alley behind a bar early Sunday says he doesn't know if it was former Denver Broncos running back Maurice Clarett dressed in black who told him to empty his pockets.

Lucas Nyarko, 28, told The Columbus Dispatch that he hopes it was just someone who looked like the 22-year-old, who helped Ohio State win the national championship in 2002.

But police were searching for Clarett, who was accused of using a gun to rob Nyarko and a friend shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday. Nyarko said his friend identified Clarett after police showed her photographs, and police said the bar owner, who came outside during the robbery, knew Clarett.

According to police, Clarett left in a white sport utility vehicle with two other men and took only a cell phone from his alleged victims, who weren't injured. He was wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery.

Nyarko said he and his friend were approached by a man dressed in black, who told them he needed something. Nyarko said the man pulled up his shirt and showed them a gun tucked in his pants. The man moved the gun to the front of his waistband and told them to empty their pockets.

Nyarko said after he handed the man his cell phone, a woman came out of the bar and yelled, "Maurice!" in greeting to the man, who hugged her. He then carried the woman, who police said was bar owner Tashona Corvi, toward the SUV, put her down and got in the vehicle.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said he was informed of the incident on his way to the Fiesta Bowl news conference in Scottsdale, Ariz.

"Obviously, my reaction to that is it's sad," Tressel said, "because, as I said the last few times people have brought up the subject, my hope would be that he would have an opportunity to go over to NFL Europe and make a comeback.

"I hope it's not true, but beyond that, I don't know much, but my reaction is, I was sad."

Before Sunday's incident, Clarett was negotiating a deal and was likely going to sign with an NFL team on Monday, Josh Luchs, one of Clarett's agents, told ESPN The Magazine's Tom Friend.

Clarett was expected to be allocated to NFL Europe if he signed, Friend reported.

Clarett's cousin, Vince Marrow, told the Dispatch he spoke to Clarett's mother Sunday.

"She is shocked. She was getting ready to go to church and I told her there was an arrest warrant for Maurice. She was like, 'What?'" he said.

A message was left Sunday at Michelle Clarett's home in Youngstown.

Clarett rushed for 1,237 yards and scored 16 touchdowns as a freshman. He sat out the 2003 season after he was charged with misdemeanor falsification for filing a police report claiming that more than $10,000 in clothing, CDs, cash and stereo equipment was stolen from a car he borrowed from a local dealership. He later pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.

Ohio State suspended Clarett for misleading investigators, and for receiving special benefits worth thousands of dollars from a family friend.

In an interview with ESPN The Magazine in November 2004, Clarett said coaches and boosters arranged for him to get passing grades, cars and thousands of dollars while at Ohio State. None of the allegations were verified and Clarett never responded to NCAA requests to be interviewed about them as part of its investigation into Ohio State's athletic program.

Clarett also unsuccessfully challenged the NFL's requirement that players wait three years after high school before turning pro in a case that went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Clarett was chosen by the Broncos in last year's draft, but the team cut him in August.

link-----> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2278011

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Tragic, how friggin stupid?

SteelerDan43
01-02-2006, 03:47 PM
It seemed like just a matter of time untill he did something stupid. Maybey now he can get put into some good counsling through the courts and get his life straightend out

SalukiSteelers
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Shannon Sharpe said something about Clarrett becoming a "beer truck driver." At this point, Clarrett couldn't even get that gig now. Lying to an insurance company; pawning his bowl ring; getting in a fight at a pick-up football game; and finally, armed robbery. BRUTAL!

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2006, 04:18 PM
What a loser! Kid has alot of issues.

Ambridge
01-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Now that Clarett is back in trouble I wonder how long before Jim Brown re-surfaces to stand in his corner??

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Now that Clarett is back in trouble I wonder how long before Jim Brown re-surfaces to stand in his corner??
You took the words right out of my mouth! Jim Brown as your advisor? Smart? Hell no, this guy has beat up more women than larry johnson. His lawyers , his advisors, and his friends, all suck.
Maybe its just me, but the report said the get away vehicle was a whits suv, can you sayO.J.?

Prosdo
01-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Maurice Clarett Surrenders to Ohio Police
By ERICA RYAN, Associated Press Writer

OLUMBUS, Ohio - Maurice Clarett would've been a senior at Ohio State this season had he stayed with the Buckeyes, likely a key member of a team that just won its third Fiesta Bowl in four years.

Instead of joining the day-after celebration with teammates Tuesday, Clarett was headed to court to face charges of robbing two people with a gun in an alley behind a bar.

After spending the better part of two days wanted by police, Clarett turned himself in Monday night, right around the time the Buckeyes were finishing up a 34-20 win over Notre Dame in Tempe, Ariz.

His lawyer, Percy Squire, said Clarett would be jailed overnight and planned to plead not guilty at a Tuesday court appearance. Squire wouldn't elaborate.

Clarett was wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery since early Sunday, when police said he flashed a gun and demanded property from a man and a woman behind the Opium Lounge in downtown Columbus.

Rest of article: http://www.comcast.net/sports/colleges/index.jsp?cat=COLLEGESPORTS&fn=/2006/01/03/295536.html

RoethlisBURGHer
01-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Man,if the guy wasn't a total jackass he could have taken OSU to multiple NC's,won a Heisman,and been an Ohio State legend.He could have been a #1 overall draft pick!But instead greed got to him and he's now stuped to this.What a waste of talent.

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Clarret had someone post a $50,000 bond today , he is out!

BB2W
01-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Clarret had someone post a $50,000 bond today , he is out!
Lock your doors. :busted: