PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under on missed Harrison Holds

BleedBlacknGold0
02-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm going to set it at 7.

It is almost becoming funny how many times you see James Harrision getting molested.

Pittsburghfan
02-01-2009, 10:20 AM
I will say under 7, but not too far under. I say around 5-6. if not that many than 10+.

homerdiesel
02-01-2009, 10:20 AM
i say over. i am really getting tired of seeing him get mugged on almost every play.

KeiselPower99
02-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Every play cause Mike Gandy cant handle the Silverback!!!!! Im more interested in how many times #74 will be called for a penalty

BleedBlacknGold0
02-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Hopefully Lebeau will try a few things to help out Harrison. I would love to see him come in unblocked.

steelersfanman92
02-01-2009, 10:41 AM
I would say over KeiselPower Gandy has no chance of handling Harrison

Hapa
02-01-2009, 11:59 AM
I wanna see Harrison come in unblocked up the middle and knock Warner the **** out.

revefsreleets
02-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Harrison will be raped all day, but I THINK he's going to get two flags today. It's too big of a stage for the refs to let the Cards just blatantly "get away with murder".

I also think he's going to have a MONSTER day, couple sacks, maybe a fumble,...he's going to be a major factor in a Steelers blowout...

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Harrison will be raped all day, but I THINK he's going to get two flags today. It's too big of a stage for the refs to let the Cards just blatantly "get away with murder"...

Hope not - I don't want to hear any whining and crying about "phantom holding calls" after this one.

MACH1
02-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Hope not - I don't want to hear any whining and crying about "phantom holding calls" after this one.

I hope we blow em out and leave no questions what so ever.

steveironcity
02-01-2009, 12:58 PM
4 or 5

tony hipchest
02-01-2009, 12:59 PM
take the ammount of defensive snaps played by harrison. subrtact the number of tackles and sacks he has....

= number of times held.

4xSBChamps
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
take the ammount of defensive snaps played by harrison. subrtact the number of tackles and sacks he has....

= number of times held.

..... beat me to it!

:drink:

Hines0wnz
02-01-2009, 01:06 PM
I say how ever many D plays there is..................

.....JK.....but there will be a few and on both sides of the ball.

devilsdancefloor
02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
im hoping we see more of woodley harison lining up on the same side with harrison on the outside! i get chills when i see them both rush from the same side! all i can thnk of is BIG PLAY BIG PLAY! But he wil get raped like he has all year. maybe 1 hanky comes out.:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Bob Russell
02-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I bet the refs will baby KW all evening. The press has played him as the poor little down and out kid all week.:noidea: I say at least 7 holds.

Nidan
02-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Harrison will be raped all day, but I THINK he's going to get two flags today. It's too big of a stage for the refs to let the Cards just blatantly "get away with murder".

I also think he's going to have a MONSTER day, couple sacks, maybe a fumble,...he's going to be a major factor in a Steelers blowout...

You have no clue.

The NFL doesn't care about the Cardinals, we ALWAYS get the shaft when it comes to the officials. Twice when we are playing a team that the media love like the Cowboys or the Steelers.

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 01:47 PM
You have no clue.

The NFL doesn't care about the Cardinals, we ALWAYS get the shaft when it comes to the officials. Twice when we are playing a team that the media love like the Cowboys or the Steelers.

Yeah, that's why the Steelers get more official apologies from the Commish's office than pretty much every other team out there for officiating gaffes. You're the one who needs to get a clue. :coffee:

Nidan
02-01-2009, 01:56 PM
You are correct, I obviously missed the play last game where the ball was called out of bound but it wasn't. It bounced back into play and would have been Cardinals ball deep in Eagles territory.

I have no idea you you comment is true of simply an opinion [the latter I expect as I doubt the NFL keeps such stats]. However what does that have to do with anything. Those are the one's they admit, they rarely admit they have screwed the Cardinals

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 02:02 PM
You are correct, I obviously missed the play last game where the ball was called out of bound but it wasn't. It bounced back into play and would have been Cardinals ball deep in Eagles territory.

I have no idea you you comment is true of simply an opinion [the latter I expect as I doubt the NFL keeps such stats]. However what does that have to do with anything. Those are the one's they admit, they rarely admit they have screwed the Cardinals

Yeah, it's just my opinion, buddy:

Mike Pereira, the NFL's head of officiating, admitted yesterday that his crew working the Steelers-Jaguars playoff game erred in not calling a holding penalty against Jacksonville on a crucial play that allowed the Jaguars to kick the winning field goal.

Quarterback David Garrard scrambled on fourth-and-2 from the Steelers 43 and made the first down. Three plays later, Josh Scobee kicked a field goal, giving the Jaguars a 31-29 victory. Several Steelers players complained there was blatant holding on Garrard's run. Nearly three months later, Pereira agreed with them.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08093/869712-66.stm

And do I really have to mention the overturned Polamalu INT in Indy?

Cry me a river, pal. :coffee:

KeiselPower99
02-01-2009, 02:09 PM
What about Troys INT againest Indy back in 05??

Nidan
02-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Hmm I don't see anywhere it says the Steelers get more apologies than anybody else.

So I guess yes, its just your opinion.

tony hipchest
02-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Hmm I don't see anywhere it says the Steelers get more apologies than anybody else.

So I guess yes, its just your opinion.no its not. its a fact. if you follow all 32 teams you would know its true. what other team has been apologized to for a coinflip called wrong?

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 02:15 PM

As is your "assertion" that the media "loves" the Steelers and Cowboys and have it out for your poor wittle Cards. Go back to your own board with that BS. :coffee:

X-Terminator
02-01-2009, 02:18 PM

This year alone, the Steelers have had:

- Two TDs called back due to clear referee mistakes (Troy's TD in the first Chargers game, Santo's TD in the AFCC)
- A blown PI call that led to a TD in the Chargers playoff game
- Not hesitating to throw the flag whenever a Steelers player touches a QB, but when Ben is on the receiving end, the refs look the other way
- James Harrison going more than A MONTH without having a single holding call against him, even though he gets held on damn near every play

So please, whine some more about the "raw deal" the Cards get from the league. :coffee:

MACH1
02-01-2009, 02:19 PM
You have no clue.

:binky::binky:

Sounds like your already making excuses for the upcoming lose.

Steeldude
02-01-2009, 02:21 PM
harrison will be held around 12 times. no flag will be thrown on any of them.

Nidan
02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Yep, Sorry I forgot.

Offering an opinion that suggests anything different here is grounds for being attacked.

You don't watch Cardinals games and the national media avoids us, hence you rarely get much reporting on them. Conversely I get treated to Steelers news all the time in places like ESPN, not to mention commentary on Steelers games.

Cardinals games are not as news worthy so how would you know much about us.

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Yep, Sorry I forgot.

Offering an opinion that suggests anything different here is grounds for being attacked.

As opposed to that open-minded tomb of thought you call a message board that I have had the misfortune of briefly perusing from links provided here? Please. :coffee:

MACH1
02-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Awww Here's a :cookie:

X-Terminator
02-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Yep, Sorry I forgot.

You don't watch Cardinals games and the national media avoids us, hence you rarely get much reporting on them. Conversely I get treated to Steelers news all the time in places like ESPN, not to mention commentary on Steelers games.

You're not going to get one iota of sympathy here when it comes to officiating.

And if you really think the league and especially the media loves the Steelers, then you really haven't been paying attention. Or have you been asleep for the last 2 weeks?

tony hipchest
02-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Yep, Sorry I forgot.

i live 5 hrs from phoenix. theyre my "local team" :noidea:

Hines0wnz
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
You have no clue.

Examples?

St33lersguy
02-01-2009, 03:46 PM

= number of times held.

:iagree:

steelerdave1969
02-01-2009, 04:01 PM
:tt02: OVER IS MY GUESS :tt02:

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 04:03 PM
And if you really think the league and especially the media loves the Steelers, then you really haven't been paying attention. Or have you been asleep for the last 2 weeks?

I just turned on the pregame 10 minutes ago - not one word about the Steelers yet. All I've been seeing is nonstop slurping of the Cards. But yeah, the media loves us. :coffee:

steelerdave1969
02-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Yep, Sorry I forgot.

And from what I can tell of you as a fan is that your Jealous... no other way to describe you. How long you been a Cards fan? 2 weeks? Your team has a total of 6 playoff games counting tonights super bowl, what kind of respect do you want? You go to Tampa and you beat the Steelers for the Super Bowl Tittle and you will get your wanted respect. But until your team wins a true game, then just shut your jaws!!

RESPECT?.... YOU HAVE TO EARN RESPECT!!!:tt02:

Nidan
02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I sweated and burned on the benches in Sun Devil Stadium, you have no clue