PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Jim Rome fan?

LambertIsGod58
01-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Are you a Jim Rome fan? And why or why not?

LambertIsGod58
01-01-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm up in the air on Romey....I think he' very hysterical at times. Has great knowledge about sports. But, I think he's very arrogant. I think he also makes light of situations that are not funny. IE. When Steelers OL Steve Courson was killed by a fallen tree, his show made light of it. Jokes and all. This is the type of thing that would probably lobby me toward not being a fan of his.

BB2W
01-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Thats a big NO for me... not for any particular reason, but I think he's kinda corny. He like tries to act all tough and intense... I just think its kinda stupid. His radio show is not as bad as the TV show in my opinion.

I would like to thank him for that hillairious clip of Jim Everett flipping over a table because Rome kept calling him Chris. :laughing:

Koopa
01-02-2006, 07:18 PM
actually i think he's great, he doesn't give a shit what he says that's what i like about him.

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 07:47 PM
jim rome is great. "the king of smack". while i havent always agreed with everything he says 9 out of 10 times he is dead on right, and everything he says, he says it with conviction. even the "jungle karma has helped the steelers once this year (i cant remember which game) and i love his motto:

"have a take, and dont suck"

Ambridge
01-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Rome is an idiot.
I haven't listened to his show in quite a while but I'm sure it still revolves around his stupid and lame "Schtick" that gets to be rather old and predictable if you listen long enough.
He's also a two faced coward when it comes to running his mouth. I can remember a few athletes he's ripped to shreds on his show(Jose Canseco, Kordell Stewart)come to mind and then when he gets them on his show for an interview he does nothing but kiss their ass for the entire interview.
Also, before I'd crown him as an knowledgeable sports commentator don't forget he probably has a couple of researchers digging up facts and info tidbits for him so he can sound a lot smarter than he probably really is.

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I was always a fan before, even went to a tour stop. But anymore he seems to talk jack about everyone, then totally sucks up when he can get them on his show.

SteelerDan43
01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
I really dont like him, I cant stand to watch his show. His personality is just so brash and "know it all". I just cant deal with it. He acts like his show is the only show and his opinion is the only one that has validity. He just rubs me the wrong way

Sith Lord
01-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Jim Rome is an ass, IMO. Has he ever played a sport? He reminds me of this kid back in high school that sucked in real life sports but was great at atari/intellivision.

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM
frank caliendos (mad tv and nfl on fox pregames shows) impression of jim rome is freakishly perfect. as is his impersonnation of john madden. good stuff right there. "now that is funny"-t. bradshaw