PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin interview. THIS IS WHY HE IS A GOOD COACH!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-01-2009, 12:21 PM
This is a great video from NFL network with Coach Tomlin. It shows his passion, drive and awesome ability to teach, coach, motivate NFL players.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e7cf8f

3-1/2 minutes in is the most powerful part. WOW!!!

Preacher
02-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I saw that when it played on the NFL network.

The hosts were following all over themselves talking about Tomlin. . . "I wish coaches could see that" "I know some FATHERS who should watch that" "I know some CEO's that should watch that" (gotta love that last one :chuckle: )

No wonder the Rooneys chose him.

WWIIOwheelz
02-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I posted that to my Facebook page this morning, and it's gotten comments from quite a few friends all over the country, already.

It really gives a glimpse of the passion he has for the game and the type of interaction he's always had with his players, and I agree, a very interesting interview.

tony hipchest
02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
i made a thread on the differences between the demeanor of tomlin vs whiz. it is profound.

he seems to be in total control of the steelers destiny, as if he can will this team to a win.

no doubt the players feed off this.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I saw that when it played on the NFL network.

The hosts were following all over themselves talking about Tomlin. . . "I wish coaches could see that" "I know some FATHERS who should watch that" "I know some CEO's that should watch that" (gotta love that last one :chuckle: )

No wonder the Rooneys chose him.

So true!! I remember a bunch of fans complaining about why he got picked over Whiz and Grimm........then challenged why he is better and didnt want to hear "he just has a presence about him".

That presence comes from confidence based on knowledge. Tomlin's knowledge of football and what he wants to accomplish and the way he is gonna do it without doubt or fear of failure........is what makes him a powerful leader. I loved the hiring last year and think I will love the next 15-20 years of him coaching.

MJ5150
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
3-1/2 minutes in is the most powerful part. WOW!!!

Wow, you ain't kidding. I got goosebumps watching that part. I wish Coach was my boss.

-Mike