PDA

View Full Version : 56% of Fans think Cardinals will win. People actually trust the media!

Hapa
02-01-2009, 01:49 PM
According to an nfl.com poll (go to nfl.com and go to the bottom right, you'll see it), 56% of fans think the Cards will win.

The media has been spending this whole 2 weeks hyping up the Cardinals so that people would actually watch the game, and it looks like it worked!

I always thought people were really skeptic of what the media says.

Who will win Super Bowl XLIII?

56%
Arizona Cardinals

44%
Pittsburgh Steelers

Total Votes: 186749

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! CHAMPIONSSSSS

steveironcity
02-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. People are dumb

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 01:51 PM

No, actually the majority are sheep that don't think for themselves and prefer to be told what to think.

stillers4me
02-01-2009, 01:54 PM
They should have rephrased the question to "if you were betting on the winner, who you would you bet on?" The answer would be quite different, I'm sure.

MACH1
02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I just hope the refs aren't those sheep.

4xSBChamps
02-01-2009, 02:01 PM
FUNNY THING ABOUT THE MEDIA

I've been watching ESPN's coverage most of the morning, featuring Mike Ditka, Meshawn Johnson, Chris Carter & Tom Jackson:
both WRs continually favor every aspect about the Red Robins, while the guys who played in the trenches (Ditka as a TE, Jackson as a LB) like the physicalness the Stillers promise to bring, pointing to that as the keys of the game.

about an hour-ago, both Meshawn & Carter were going off the deep-end about Fitzgerald 'goin-up and CATCHING the ball, where the aren't any Steelers playing up that high..... you know what I'm sayin', Boom?':
what those 2 blowhards failed to mention is that when they come-down (with or without the ball), they'll be surrounded by several men wearing Black hats, who will be in ill-humor..... I think Tom Jackson knows what is in-store for Arizona

Borski
02-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Alot of thouse people are probably just rooting for the underdog. The Cards are the feel good story this year.

Mordax
02-01-2009, 02:59 PM
yet all the experts i've seen say otherwise...hmmmm

KeiselPower99
02-01-2009, 03:00 PM
We are the evil empire to all this week.

stillers4me
02-01-2009, 03:09 PM
We are the evil empire to all this week.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. ............... :tt03:

AllD
02-01-2009, 03:21 PM
It might be direction from the NFL owners in order to promote the greater league. Everybody knows Steeler fans will tune in, but who was going to watch the Cards unless the media created something? Commercials were sold out for over $200 million, so we will see how many eye balls remain after the 3rd quarter which will determine next year's advertising rates.

Complete lack of credibility by the media. The hypesters either don't like the fact that the Steelers will be first to a 6th or they must follow some corporate line like in the WWF and make it some kind of drama.

Let's hope it's settled by the end of the 3rd quarter.

1978steeler
02-01-2009, 03:28 PM
According to an nfl.com poll (go to nfl.com and go to the bottom right, you'll see it), 56% of fans think the Cards will win.

The media has been spending this whole 2 weeks hyping up the Cardinals so that people would actually watch the game, and it looks like it worked!

This why i quit watching pregame crap! I can't take how great Warner and Fitz are anymore....9-7 team that played in the worst div in football ( AFC West excluded). Yeah they beat a ATL team that was out of it's element...they beat a Carolina team that um.....ok I give them credit on that one but Philly come on Philly! :banging:

Tonight the carriage becomes a pumpkin:tt03::tt02::tt:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Of course, no one wants to see Pittsburgh win a sixth Super Bowl.

People don't like our style of football. We're smashmouth, tough, unforgiving. We're not flashy, we're not dramatic, we're not pansies.

Fans of the Cowboys and 49ers definatly don't want us winning our sixth Super Bowl...that would put us one-up on them.

I hope we come out and absolutley kill the Cardinals. No offense whatsoever to the Cards, I don't have any problems with thier team...but I am sick of all this "Steelers cant stop Fitz"..."Warner is too good" garbage.

Eff the mediots and the haters, lets kick some ass SMASHMOUTH STYLE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO! :helmet::tt03::helmet::tt03:

delhess
02-01-2009, 03:39 PM
just saw Warner say he is trying not to be nervous. wait until he sees 50,000 terrible towels flying. i just can't wait to see the cards fall!

1978steeler
02-01-2009, 03:42 PM
just saw Warner say he is trying not to be nervous. wait until he sees 50,000 terrible towels flying. i just can't wait to see the cards fall!

Nervous is how you should feel if you are playing chicken with a train!!:tt02:

BigIg
02-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I haven't really turned on the TV in two weeks. What the media thinks means nothing to me.

Edman
02-01-2009, 03:49 PM
The media has done a lot of ballwashing on the Cards. The Steelers D has been an afterthought during this entire two-week wait. It's all about Warner, Whiz knows the Steelers, and Fitzgerald.

SteelShooter
02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
........and we were not "supposed" to win as the sixth seed in '05 either.

We shall see Brotehrs and Sisters, we shall see.

Texasteel
02-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Keep in mind that almost ever Dallas, and San Fran. fan probably voted against us, if they really believe it or not.

BrandonCarr39
02-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Keep in mind that almost ever Dallas, and San Fran. fan probably voted against us, if they really believe it or not.

Personally-I don't have the hatred for the Steelers like my Cowboys compadres do. Partly b/c, maybe, I didn't become a football fan until '85(meaning I didn't watch those SBs in the 70's). Partly b/c the way the Rooneys run this organization, it would make any fan admire and respect them. If anything, the only team I have any hatred for is the other Pennsylvania team...which started when Buddy Ryan brought in his dirty play and his infamous Bounty Bowl.

Anyhow-hate is a strong word...you can hate the fact that your ex-wife found a new boyfriend, but that doesn't mean you actually hate your ex-significant other.

SteelCurtain7
02-01-2009, 04:33 PM
The glass slipper comes off...the coach turns back into a pumpkin at midnight. :tt:

St33lersguy
02-01-2009, 04:42 PM
It's the media. This is the same media that said the Jets were going to the Super bowl while refusing let on they acknowledge the fact that the Steelers looked like contenders. The same media that has been carving Tony Homo's hall of fame bust since after his first few starts. It's filled with dimbulbs. They much rather overhype lesser teams for a few good games than give the Steelers any credit for their ongoing success year after year

PoundinSteel
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Well they got Obama elected.....they are very powerful.....

BehindSteelCurtain
02-01-2009, 05:40 PM
You just don't understand that the rest of the NFL players and fans just hate the Steelers.

steelpride12
02-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Its no surprise at all. If your not a Steeler fan we all know you, then you usually have no respect for them, yes due to the success and greatness of this organization.

Sure I see why, Warner is a blitz eater who makes you pay for bringing people by getting rid of the ball. Sure Fitz is the best WR out there right now and Ike does not have a shot(Sarcasm).
Its the underdog Cards,
WELL BOYS AND GIRLS THE CINDERELLA STORY ENDS TONIGHT. Once the pass game of the Cards is shut down, the game is over and the defense shall feed. This defense is the best in many years and there is no way they will go down with a loss. The Steelers will get six and prove who is the best organization yes with the best fans IN THE WORLD!

BigIg
02-01-2009, 11:00 PM
So much for 56% :chuckle:

In other news, 56% of fans were wrong today

The Patriot
02-01-2009, 11:01 PM
This game was a giant middle finger to the idiots who thought the cards would win. We took a nice crap on the whole cinderella story, dont u think?

Yeah, but it took you 59.5 minutes.

X-Terminator
02-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Yeah, but it took you 59.5 minutes.

But they got the job done, and that is all that matters.

The Patriot
02-01-2009, 11:04 PM
But they got the job done, and that is all that matters.

Aint it the truth. :drink:

RunWillieRun
02-01-2009, 11:09 PM
56% of people are Fing idiots!!!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!