PDA

View Full Version : Half hearted "good luck"

silver & black
02-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey everyone. I haven't been here in a while. I thought I would stop by and give all of my friends on this forum a "half hearted" good luck wish.

As some of you know, I'm not in any way, shape, or form, a Steelers fan. I have a "grudging" respect for your team, and your organization. I respect the hell out of the way the Rooney's have run their organization over the years.

I absolutely DO NOT want to see the Steelers become the first team to win six Lombardis!

I am a DIE HARD RAIDERS FAN... I bleed Silver and Black... for almost 42 years. I remember the wars our teams fought in the greatest decade the NFL has ever seen... the 70's. I want desperately to catch up to your team in Superbowl wins. Sadly, it looks as though my team will be a while in that department.

I hope for an injury free game, and a ref free game (you know what I mean by that). I won't lie... I'm hoping for a Cardinals victory, but I acknowledge that the Steelers are a very good team, and if they win, they deserve it.

I hope the friends I have made here over the past few years can understand where I'm coming from, and not hold it against me. GOOD LUCK... sort of. :sofunny:

xfl2001fan
02-01-2009, 01:38 PM
If they don't understand...you know I will. I bleed Brown and Orange and bark like a mad dawg when my Browns play. I'm sure the great majority here will understand.

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 08:10 AM
I thought it was hillarious to see Madden's angst surface yet again while calling the game. Stating that Harrison should have been kicked out? Really? It was a little punch in the shoulder pads and then a shove. His Raiders would have pulled out a knife and shanked the dude, and he'd have had a laugh along with them about it.

The Immaculate Reception happened almost FORTY YEARS AGO! Let it go, dude, let it go...

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 05:18 PM
LOL, rev. True that.

Madden, retire already. Keep making your video game, and fade away. Thank you.

revefsreleets
02-03-2009, 07:59 AM
I know not everyone will agree, but there was a time (in the not so distant past) when I thought Madden was one of the best. But he's starting to sound like Pat Summeral now, and it's time to hang it up. He definitely won't be doing the next Super Bowl NBC carries...

devilsdancefloor
02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Madden does need to hang it up! But i have to admit at times i liked listenig to him, bt now it is getting sad!