PDA

View Full Version : Thank you BUS !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 02:45 PM
3 TD's today and countless clutch 3rd down runs to move the chains, you are the man. You my friend are the ultimate professional, the ultimate RB for our offense, one of the greatest RB's to ever play, and the best damn teammate anybody could ask for.

You are a hero dude and I am glad beyond words to have had on our team for all these years and if this was your last game at Heinz, I salute you as the man who deserves all the Terrible Towel waves we can give you !!

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

jamesd0613
01-01-2006, 02:50 PM
amen to that

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I just got Chills as Im waving my towel in the air as the crowd salutes Jerome !! and dare I say shed a tear at thought that he MAY never play again at Heinz :tt:

SteelR1
01-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LambertIsGod58
01-01-2006, 03:29 PM
He still loves the game...he may be back. However, I saw him at the end of the game pose for a pic with Barrett Brooks, #72. A pic with your own teammate? Smells like it was the last showing at home for the Bus. It's sad...I wish we could waive a magic wand and make him a rookie again.

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I`m also not counting him out. He looks so good! But Thank you Jerome! You are a class act! We are blessed as Steelers fans to have such a class act as yourself, you remind me so much of Franco Harris!

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 03:45 PM
I just got Chills as Im waving my towel in the air as the crowd salutes Jerome !! and dare I say shed a tear at thought that he MAY never play again at Heinz :tt:

I had tears in my eyes, too, Matt. It seems like an end of an era, and is in a way. I will miss Jerome and everything he has brought to the Steelers organization. He has always been, and will forever be, a class act.

Thank you, Jerome! We love you, man! :tt:

Brady12
01-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Post Game Press Bettis is on the stand on NFL Network if u have it.

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Post Game Press Bettis is on the stand on NFL Network if u have it. youre recording it for our superbowl run highlight dvd in 05 right?

Brady12
01-01-2006, 03:57 PM
lol, I'm not doing Press conferences, unless it is Super Bowl.

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 04:02 PM
It was hard to think about. This could very possibly be Jerome's last game in Pittsburgh. To Jerome you are everything a Pittsburgh Steeler should be. You're selfless attitude is rare. Not many guys take a pay cut to stay in the place they love. It will be a very sad day when you retire, but we cannot wait to see you go into Canton! Thanks for the memories!

daleemnm
01-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the memories, Jerome!

melroseplace
01-01-2006, 05:17 PM
today really was all about #36. I was so happy to see him get those TDs as well as some much needed yardage on 3rd downs. he is such a great guy and he will be greatly missed by Pittsburgh and the NFL

SteelerFanInATL
01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Just as the Port Authorty retires a bus I believe that we have seen OUR BUS pull out of the garage to run its route for the last time. Thanks for the ride, it has been all too good.
As we move on with the bigger and better, you will always be the CLASSIC BUS, that all oldschool drivers want to drive.

SteelerDan43
01-01-2006, 06:26 PM
The game itself may have left something to be desired but to be able to be there and experience that was absolutly amazing. I took all the pictures i could snap of jerome in pregame and during the intro. When he left the field with a standing ovation it was downright moving

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I have attached an image of the Bus from todays game.

A fitting final home performance from an NFL legend

NM

steeler47
01-01-2006, 07:03 PM
3 TD's today and countless clutch 3rd down runs to move the chains, you are the man. You my friend are the ultimate professional, the ultimate RB for our offense, one of the greatest RB's to ever play, and the best damn teammate anybody could ask for.

You are a hero dude and I am glad beyond words to have had on our team for all these years and if this was your last game at Heinz, I salute you as the man who deserves all the Terrible Towel waves we can give you !!

As I wipe the tear's......A Men.....and thank you Mr. Bettis.

Blitz...your words are profound.

steeler47
01-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Wonder if thier going to make a "BUS" fathead?

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Get lost.

We can post our own.

Just gotta put your prints on any and everything.Cant stand to be on the outside!!

PUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:boxing:

Tut tut.

Why does baby have to be soooo cranky all the time?

Does he need feeding?....or maybe his diaper is full?

If continue to act out like this Im not going to let you stay up to watch the playoff games next week....early bed time for you.

NM

ps. When I said try boxing to work out some of that pent up frustration - I didnt mean them funny little boxing ikons you put on every post.

FisherMOM
01-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Watching The Bus today was definately a moving experience.
He was all smiles and doing nothing but soaking up every bit
of the game experience today... or so it seemed.

I was so happy for him (and us) each time he scored a touchdown!

Thank you Jerome!!! Yes.. it has been a GREAT RIDE!!!!!!

(The wheels on THE BUS go round and round..) and yes they did today!!!!

steeler47
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Just remember though.."THE BUS " hasent parked yet!!

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks Jerome For Some Amazing Years. Every Week you played you proved you were a fighter. Never Gave Up. Always coming back every year that a lot of people thought you might retire. If this is your last game here at Heinz Field that happend today. Have a great Retirement. We'll miss you and god bless you.

MichiSteeler
01-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Thank you Bus, for all the greatness and class you bring to the table. You will always be remembered throughout the Steelers organization and fans as well as the whole NFL. Congrats on a great career!

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Thank you Bus, for all the greatness and class you bring to the table. You will always be remembered throughout the Steelers organization and fans as well as the whole NFL. Congrats on a great career!

Amen Brother. On The Same Page As Me. You got yourself Points.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 09:00 PM
No trash talking in this thread, this is a BUS tribute thread.. all smack for other teams and players will be removed.

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I don`t care what team you cheer for! Everyone has top agree that Bettis is a class act! Mr.Art RooneyI Would have been proud to have Jerome represent the Steelers and the city.

How do you really thank a buy like Bettis. He more than just a player! He is a true role model! Many, many , thanks!

In this day and age, there aren`t mny players jerseys I would want my child to wear, The Bettis 36 will always be apart of our Steelers atire!

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah We haven't had many class acts in the NFL, but we can find em here in Pittsburgh. Most especially. In The Bus.

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 02:46 AM
now the bus is enroute to Detroit!

keep the bus rolling pittsburgh!!

Here we go steelers, Here we go!!!

AvoidLLoyd95
01-02-2006, 09:03 AM
I am a 36 year old man with three daughters and did not shed a tear when they were born as happy as I was to find them healthy and beautiful into this world. When Bettis burst out of the tunnel, tears flowed and I am not ashamed. Thanks Jerome, for ten years of greatness!!

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2006, 09:25 AM
It sure was nice today to be a part of that standing O we gave Jerome. I also had a tear in my eye. It was great cheeering 1 more year, 1 more year.!

steelersgirl86
01-02-2006, 09:26 AM
I have to agree. I was holding back tears the whole time...he is an amazing guy and player.....Thank you Bettis.....there are not many people like him......

BB2W
01-02-2006, 11:01 AM
I love the Bus... it's gonna be weird to watch a Steelers game without him.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 11:10 AM
We have at least four more games with him! At least!
It would be more weird to watch a game with Staley in uniform!

AvoidLLoyd95
01-02-2006, 11:26 AM
I watched some of the post game with him last night and he doesn't seem too sure yet what he wants to do. He may still come back in a very limited role, we'll just have to wait and see......

SteelerDan43
01-02-2006, 11:57 AM
God willing we will get to see the bus for as everyone asked yesterday "ONE MORE YEAR!!!"

SteelerzGirl
01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm hoping that, if The Bus does retire after this year, he will remain with the Steelers organization in some capacity. Maybe he'll continue on w/his Jerome Bettis Show. My Dad was telling me today that maybe Jerome will hook up with Tunch Ilkin, and my Mom said she would like to see him on FOX with Bradshaw...(lol). The possibilities for Jerome are endless! :smile:

fergusonat
01-03-2006, 12:54 PM
The Bus is the man, and I seriously doubt any future Steelers runningback will ever be able to match him. He's just the ideal runningback. If Bettis doesn't become an announcer, he's crazy. He's basically a Michael Irving without being a smartass...

ONE MORE YEAR...I think he's got it in him :tt:

Steel Fury
01-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I watched this game with the thought that I wouldn't get too caught up in the last home game mentality for Bettis. But man, when they announced him out of the tunnel, the goosebumps were there. I am glad he rolled on the Lions. 3 touchdowns and getting your team in the playoffs is a great way to go out. Only one happier ending I can think of right now. SB ring

Grey
01-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I was so happy that the whole scenario just laid out perfectly.

Here's to the BUS.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here we go.

Grey

83-Steelers-43
01-04-2006, 12:26 PM
He's basically a Michael Irving without being a smartass...

And without a crack problem. :grin:

fergusonat
01-04-2006, 02:06 PM
^lmao, very true

I think the coolest part of that game was how loud the crowd got when the Bus stepped on the field. Sure everybody was going crazy even when he wasn't, but holy crap...you'd think they were piping in sound like Indy, haha

83-Steelers-43
01-06-2006, 11:00 PM
The other day I believe Jerome was quoted as stating there is a 70/30 chance of him retiring after this season. While I waved my towel and cheered for him this past Sunday inside Heinz, I'm not ready to thank him just yet. When he officially makes his retirement statement, then I will thank him for being a class act on and off the field. We are thankful to have him on this team and in our community.

JB rules. :beerbang:

DIESELMAN
01-07-2006, 01:03 PM
If and when he retires his #36 should be retired....Nobody else will ever come close to filling his shoes on and off the field.....

SalukiSteelers
01-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Jerome Bettis...simply the man. Can't wait to see who presents him to Canton. I guess the next step is on to the oiled lanes of the PBA. Thanks for all the great games, Bus, and hopefully you can get that ring that you deserve for all you've done for the team and the city.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2006, 03:15 PM
If and when he retires his #36 should be retired....Nobody else will ever come close to filling his shoes on and off the field.....

Thats a great sig Diesel man !! way cool :cool:

I agree no one should ever wear a 36 again..Im sure the equip manager will put the 36 jerseys away w/ the 78, 12, 32, 58, and all the other great jerseys' of Steelers past.

Interestingly enough, to my knowledge the Steelers have never actually retired a jersey officially... they just dont give them out to new incoming players.

Man_Of_Steel
01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Jerome Bettis is the best BIG BACK to ever play the game. At age 33 he still has his feet, no doubt about it. He will be missed not only as a player, but as a person. He is my favorite player of all time.

Best of luck to Jerome in all he does.

wcpf78
01-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I have always respected the Bus. I always said the reason he left the Lambs was because he hated St. Louis .:rofl:

Infamix
01-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Jerome should be on Monday Night Countdown if he retires

CowherLover
01-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm still in denial. I can't and don't want to think about the day when he doesn't come out of the tunnel. He epitomizes the Steeler's organization and fan base with the work ethic, dedication and genuine love and respect that he continues show every day. We were truly blessed when St. Louis made the foolish decision to let him go. I don't think any of us can say thanks enough Jerome to everything you've given us. God truly broke the mold when he made you. God bless you and your family and we all look forward to watching you in your broadcasting career!

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Time to add another page to the Buses scrapbook! On his way to Detroit!

Get on the Bus!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Jerome should be on Monday Night Countdown if he retires

Yep get rid of Michael Irvin.. :dang:

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Bettis = class
Irvin is opposite of class!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 03:41 PM
You're still the man Jerome.. Fumble or no fumble..

I.C. Lights
01-15-2006, 04:06 PM

Yeah, it would be nice to have someone intelligent on board!

wardsgirl86
01-15-2006, 04:17 PM
When the Colts got the ball after the Bus fumbled I thought I was going to cry. We all know that he's the type of guy that would put the blame completely on himself.. and I didnt want to see him go out like that! Thank God he doesnt have to!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, and its like Ben said.. if we're in that situation 100 times.. Jerome would get it 100 times.

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Thank God that wasn`t his last play ever! He deserves better than that!

Prosdo
01-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Thank God that wasn`t his last play ever! He deserves better than that!

That was running through my mind when that happened. I mean how horrible would that be.

pitt
01-15-2006, 11:26 PM
That fumble was just a freak accident.

rgleason
01-15-2006, 11:51 PM
I wouldnt call it an accident, give credit to the LB Bracket for making the play, and the heads up pick up by 25. Anytime you get helmet on the fb like that, it happens.
Jerome is one of the most sure handed backs ever, so thats why it cant be considered freak in a way. As Cowher said, it was the furthest thing from his mind.

SteelerFanInCA
01-16-2006, 12:05 AM
I agree. That dude is a total loser. Jerome would probably do a much better job of hosting the show.

TexaSteeler
01-16-2006, 08:33 AM
It's good that the fumble happened now and we got away with it. Wake up calls are always good to help you regain focus. We have the liquored-up kicker to thank.

HangoverMS
01-16-2006, 10:55 AM
That fumble was just a perfect example of why the Steelers can win the Super Bowl this year: TEAMWORK! Jerome has always been Mr. Reliable, but even when he lost the ball (an I think with the hit that caused it, ANYONE would have fumbled!) Ben was right there to keep things from going south.

What ever Jerome has planned, I wish him the best!! I just hope he stays around here!

shevdog
01-16-2006, 01:08 PM
I know I'm jumping the gun on this one...

When the Bus gets to Detriot, I want to buy a Steelers Super Bowl shirt that says something like:

"The Bus XL" or "The Bus Extra Large".

And I want to see several photos like this: the Bus giving the "thumb". I'd put them up on my Steelers wall.

Jermome, Pittsburgh and the Steelers Nation loves you forever! Kepp fighting , cause you are 2 games aaway from glory!

dibdeb2
01-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Whatever Jerome Bettis decides to do-it will be a class act all the way!
Thank you Bus for setting such a fine example for the youth of our Steeler Nation!
We love you!! Keep Rolling!!

Mamaduck43
01-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I have found myself dissolving into tears often in the past few weeks just thinking about a Steelers game without The Bus....... I survived the retirements of Joe Greene, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann and others without too much of a problem, but this one is really getting to me.....

I think that one of the main reasons that I admire Jerome Bettis so much is that he has maintained his integrity and his love for the sport and for the team throughout his career in Pittsburgh.... He probably would be richer in his pockets if he had moved elsewhere, but he has shown that he is truely a team player, and a magnificant team leader.... When he comes onto the field, it is like someone switched the whole team 'on'....... It is apparent in the way the team gets fired up....

The other reason that he has become my favorite all-time player is that he has given back to the communities as much as he has gotten..... His efforts to help the youth of Pittsburgh and of Detroit are legendary..... And he has shown, by his example, that the great players are the ones who give their all......

Jerome, mahalo for the good times - - and there were many of them........ Godspeed in your future life - - - you will be successful in whatever you chose to do.......

SteelCityPride
01-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I can still remember the day when they announced that Jerome Bettis would be traded to the Pittsburgh Steelers. I loved Jerome before he got here and thought he had amazing talent but needed a place where he could really shine, what a perfect fit Pittsburgh was for him. I believe that the reason this town is in love with him is because of the way he plays football, it completely exemplifies what the city is. Pittsburgh isnt a city of tons of high tech companies and glamour and flash. Pittsburgh is a city of hard working individuals, a place where people are proud to call home, a place where people take home an honest day's pay for a hard day's work. Jerome seems to be the type of individual who carries that black lunch box to work every day and works hard. When he is out there on Sunday this is exactly what I see in him.

I can't imagine a season without him. He has meant soo much to the team and the community. I was reading an article about how he and Roethlisberger were such good friends and how they play practical jokes on one another and whatnot, this just shows the character that he has. He was the face of this team for years and to watch Ben come in and basically take the face of the team and handle it the way he did was beyond words.

I think Bettis is the type of guy that I could sit down at the bar with, order us a pitcher of beer and talk for hours and hours. So as we ate to see him go, he deserves everything that comes his way in the successful near future that will occur for him as he put in his time serving us, the fans.

So in a word of closing.... Bus... This one's for you buddy. Thank you and good luck fella. We're gonna miss ya!

Prosdo
01-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Saw this picture in the NY Times. Thought everyone would enjoy it.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Prosdo/19bett583.jpg

melroseplace
01-22-2006, 12:14 PM
thanks for sharing that Prosdo, I like it :)

clevestinks
01-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Bus #36 pulling into denver at 3:00, final destination Detroit.

pattip
01-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I'll second that - and he's second to none!!!

:tt:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Congrats Jerome...you're going home bro !!

1 more win !!

SteelerFanInATL
01-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Next stop Detroit. We're still ridding.

SteelCityMan786
01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Congrats Jerome GET YOUR RING AT HOME!

Prosdo
01-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Congrats Jerome. No one deserves it more than you.

FisherMOM
01-22-2006, 07:28 PM
This one's for you JEROME!!!!:drinkup:

WOOOOOOT!!

shevdog
01-22-2006, 08:20 PM
The Bus will stop in Detriot!

buswreck
01-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Bus is looking mighty old, I think he got lucky he wasn"t the goat in indy. Seahawks defense is much to athletic for bus to get going. Just hopes he doesn't embarrass himself in from of his hometown folks. Mommy and daddy bus?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Dude, stop trying to rain on our parade here and chill .. your 4 posts youve made so far have been completely pointless and have ZERO credability !

buswreck
01-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Your right I'm sorry. I should just enjoy this game and not worry about the Superbowl.
Oh! by the way the Bus will have about 20-30 yards on 16 carries in Detroit.

Prosdo
01-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Dude seriously.

crazynick
01-23-2006, 12:24 AM
man you are evryones hero you have made football football you stood with us through it all you play the sport because you love it who else would take a paycut to get your body beat to death only the perosn like you who loves the game i am disabled now and i would love to ride yourbus to superbowl may god bless you and keep you safe and hope pittsburg offers you a job as a coach

NYSTEEL
01-23-2006, 12:36 AM

Thanks Jerome...Glad they could get you back to Detroit.....Now score 9 touchdowns in the Super Bowl!!!

SteelCityPride
01-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Your right I'm sorry. I should just enjoy this game and not worry about the Superbowl.
Oh! by the way the Bus will have about 20-30 yards on 16 carries in Detroit.
Man, this guy is crazy. May I ask for a name of a better back to have for short yardage and goalline situations. I don't know that there are any current athletes that could match him. I am fine if he gets 20-30 yards on 16 carries when those 20-30 yards equals 4 or 5 first downs and 2 or 3 touchdowns. This guy must have a chapped a$$. I dont know who in their right mind wouold make such an unintelligent remark. Seattle's overall defense ranked 17th in the nfl for the reg season. their run defense ranked 5th and their pass was ranked 25th. The other top teams in rushing defense, 1- San Diego (beat), 2- Denver(Handled), 3 - Pittsburgh, 4 - Carolina (Didn't Play). Man, go watch some more football, maybe play some if you are man enough, then come back and post when you got some kind of knowledge about the game.

buswreck
01-23-2006, 10:08 AM
You made a great point, I should check my facts before I get too carried away. I wish I could be more positive, I just think pittsburgh has run out of miracles. I hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm not

RexDecker
01-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Bring It To Jerome - Bo Diddley

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Can a petition be started to talk Jerome into staying one more season?

He is such a vital part of our team, just listen to the players talk about him!

vinella
01-23-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm a Seahawks fan from Bellevue, Washington, and I signed on to this forum just to say this:

I absolutely HATED the end of last week's game when it looked as if Jerome Bettis was going to end his career with a fumble. To me, as to any devoted football fan, Bettis is everything that's good and right about the game. He's a hell of a football player and an even better human being and he deserves to wrap up a Hall of Fame career with a great game, even if it has to be against my Seahawks. I'm not saying he has to win the game, mind you. (LOL) Just that he deserves better than what it would have been like if the Steelers had lost last week. He's a true class person; funny, personable, and smart. In a world of Albert Belles, Ron Artests, and Jose Cansecos, he's the sort of guy I can point out to my grandsons and say, "See that guy? That's what a great football player looks like."

I'm delighted that we're playing the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl. I'm ecstatic that the Seahawks are finally going and adding another team that actually deserves to be there (as opposed to some of the one-trick-ponies who were in the playoffs) makes it feel right. I'm rooting for us, of course, but I have a very hard time wishing the Steelers any ill.

I'm just hoping for an injury-free Super Bowl and a great game. And if the better team happens to be the Steelers, well, that isn't going to be the heartbreak it would have been if it were the Broncos or the Colts. Good Luck and see ya in Detroit!

melroseplace
01-23-2006, 03:57 PM
thanks Vinella. that's very classy of you to sign up just to say that...it's great to know that people who support other teams realize how great Bettis is. good luck to you (but not too much of course :blurp: ) on Feb 5!

DIESELMAN
01-24-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm a Seahawks fan from Bellevue, Washington, and I signed on to this forum just to say this:

I absolutely HATED the end of last week's game when it looked as if Jerome Bettis was going to end his career with a fumble. To me, as to any devoted football fan, Bettis is everything that's good and right about the game. He's a hell of a football player and an even better human being and he deserves to wrap up a Hall of Fame career with a great game, even if it has to be against my Seahawks. I'm not saying he has to win the game, mind you. (LOL) Just that he deserves better than what it would have been like if the Steelers had lost last week. He's a true class person; funny, personable, and smart. In a world of Albert Belles, Ron Artests, and Jose Cansecos, he's the sort of guy I can point out to my grandsons and say, "See that guy? That's what a great football player looks like."

I'm delighted that we're playing the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl. I'm ecstatic that the Seahawks are finally going and adding another team that actually deserves to be there (as opposed to some of the one-trick-ponies who were in the playoffs) makes it feel right. I'm rooting for us, of course, but I have a very hard time wishing the Steelers any ill.

I'm just hoping for an injury-free Super Bowl and a great game. And if the better team happens to be the Steelers, well, that isn't going to be the heartbreak it would have been if it were the Broncos or the Colts. Good Luck and see ya in Detroit!
Nice heart felt words bro.....heres to a classy XL!!! :helmet:

seahawksfan
01-25-2006, 06:55 PM

Couldn't haqve said it better. I'm probably older than most of you guys (I was born before color TV) and remember the most important stuff. For me, a memory I'll always carry with me is the ND game where Bettis, hit HARD, knocked out, stayed on his feet for several yards and crossed the goal line. Man, what a stud, what a heart, what a knoggin:dang: Was it against Michigan or Michigan State?

He deserves all the love Steeler fans heap on him. I know you'll continue to do so even after the Seahawks win the SB despite that last goal line plunge by The Bus that just...fell..short.

DIESELMAN
01-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Couldn't haqve said it better. I'm probably older than most of you guys (I was born before color TV) and remember the most important stuff. For me, a memory I'll always carry with me is the ND game where Bettis, hit HARD, knocked out, stayed on his feet for several yards and crossed the goal line. Man, what a stud, what a heart, what a knoggin:dang: Was it against Michigan or Michigan State?

He deserves all the love Steeler fans heap on him. I know you'll continue to do so even after the Seahawks win the SB despite that last goal line plunge by The Bus that just...fell..short.

wait a minute theres a booth review.......tick tock tick tock.......After official review replay shows that Bettis' knees never touched the ground matter of fact after getting all 11 seahawk defenders off of Bettis....HE WAS STILL STANDING!!!!!!!!.....:helmet:

seahawksfan
01-26-2006, 11:20 PM
wait a minute theres a booth review.......tick tock tick tock.......After official review replay shows that Bettis' knees never touched the ground matter of fact after getting all 11 seahawk defenders off of Bettis....HE WAS STILL STANDING!!!!!!!!.....:helmet:

:cheers:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2006, 11:58 PM

Right after he carried them all into the endzone for the TD that seals the victory for us :tt:

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Everytime I turn on ESPN there is another story on Bettis. He IS my favorite player, but seriously, enough is enough. I love him, but its getting to the point where he is a washed up fat running back 10 years past his prime. Save the sob story for the pussies that care. I want to hear about football.

3 to be 4
01-28-2006, 04:49 AM
i kind of thought of Willie Mays dropping the ball when he fumbled. But I will say this, he looked great scoring that TD in Denver! Its a nice twist. I truly he hope he and the Steelers win it. But if the next week is Bus Bus Bus im going to vomit big chunks.

thumb 2 come
02-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Everytime I turn on ESPN there is another story on Bettis. He IS my favorite player, but seriously, enough is enough. I love him, but its getting to the point where he is a washed up fat running back 10 years past his prime. Save the sob story for the pussies that care. I want to hear about football.

You have to be the most ignorant troll i have ever seen on this board all of your posts are ludicrous.

Jerome is an Elder statesman when it comes to football a future hall of famer and 5th one the all time rusher list. So he deserves all he gets as far as attention.

here's an idea.
Have a coke and a smile and STFU!

IamTheSteelGod
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Thank you Mr Bettis,
You will be deeply missed! You inspired me to play and follow the best sport in the world. And thank God you moved from the Rams, coz I started supporting the Steelers because of you!

madrax
02-02-2006, 08:37 AM
From the guy who brought you the James Harrison slam clip, and the
Bumblebee Man's "Ay, no es bueno!" Moment of the week, comes:

"The Wheels on the Bus!"

(yeah, yeah.... shameless self-promotion)

Click the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=50eJrwR7HnY

Large_Ant
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Props to Bettis. I almost choked when I saw him commit that fumble. All I could think was "This dude's career CAN NOT end on that note." The only thing I've got against Bettis is that he's our competition this week. Other than that, I dig him. He's a stand up dude that seems like the kind of guy you could sit down and have a beer with.

If it was any other year, I'd be pullin' for him.

hawks>*
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
sunday will be the only time I've ever wanted jerome to eat it. hard.
other than that, my hats off to a great player and great guy.
see you in canton!

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 10:25 PM
I've seen every down he's played as a Steeler, and he's on my fingers, naming the best ever to wear the Black & Gold.

A PERFECT fit for this town, and nothing less.

OurSavior=#7
02-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Can't wait to see him in the Hall of Fame he will greatly be missed. It will be very emotional after the win make even the strongest fan shed a tear. Its been a great ride can't wait for the final stop.

Defense let it rain let it pour, watch the Seahawks hit the floor.....

clevestinks
02-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Thank you for the rin........OOOOOooooooPs I`ll wait until after the game!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooSteelers!

rapidkisuu
02-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Lets go Steelers!!!

clevestinks
02-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Today is the day! This one is for you BETTIS!

Lets do this!

Here We Go!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 08:09 AM
This is your time to shine for the black n gold one last time buddy! We wanna send you out w/ a ring! So lets get it on !!! :tt:

clevestinks
02-05-2006, 08:33 AM
As Blitz would say! " Bettis Lets Rock Detroit City"

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Thats the spirit cleve !!!! Today we Rock n Shock the world ! :tt: :tt: :tt:

noto45
02-05-2006, 08:48 AM
WE RIDE THE BUS BACK TO PITSSBURGH WITH A RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prosdo
02-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Today's your day Jerome. Bring us a trophy home.

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Congrats to the Bus - he and Cowher are the biggest winners today.

He can go into retirement knowing his place in has been cemented in footballing legend.

NM

Koopa
02-05-2006, 09:56 PM
alright i didn't want to post in this thread on till the season was over and now that it is well damn i'm gonna miss this guy. i love watching him play, just straight up running over ppl. congrats bus on retiring on top just like my all time favorite basketball player david robinson did. you deserve this ring and i love that he didn't try to string it out about him retiring, i'm glad he said he ain't coming back and IMO he doesn't need to, he has nothing left to prove. enjoy retirment bettis you and i hope to see you on espn every sunday on whatever they call their pregame show.

BritishSteel
02-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I can't improve on Koopa's post. The great thing about today is that it shows that nice guys CAN win!

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Congrats Jerome. You are truly one of the most beloved guys in the Burgh. Thank you for everything you have done for us. Last Bus stop is Canton!

FisherMOM
02-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Yes!
Congratulations Jerome! You went out in style and on top!
We're all going to miss you... and we thank you for all that
you have given to Pittsburgh!!!! Enjoy your family!