PDA

View Full Version : SANTO NAMED SUPER BOWL MVP!!!

HometownGal
02-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Well deserved Santo - congratulations!!!! :applaudit::hatsoff::tt02::tt03::thumbsup::tt::hug :

AllD
02-01-2009, 10:25 PM
He deserves it very much. And Tomlin proved he is Coach of the Year too.

"Anything is possible."
Big Ben delivering a speech after holding the trophy.

hindes204
02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.Richardson
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I was hoping Ben would win it, but no question Holmes did deserve it.

hudsonp
02-01-2009, 10:33 PM
holmes is a play maker!

i'm a huge buckeyes fan, and its great to see a buckeye playing for the steelers and playing well!

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

BigIg
02-01-2009, 10:36 PM
After the whole Marijuana incident I kinda rid his ass, but I can forgive him now. :D

Curtain_of_Steel
02-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Ben doesn't pass it, holmes does get it. At the least its a tie between bb and holmes.

The oline tried to give it away, harrison with his bonehead PF. BB scrambled, extended the plays constatntly, no dumb mistakes, one tipped int. He should've gotten it, with a tie at the least.

GOT SIX? WE DO!!!

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 10:37 PM
After the whole Marijuana incident I kinda rid his ass, but I can forgive him now. :D

Same here - congrats, Santo! :tt03:

Edman
02-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Santonio can smoke all the marijuana he wants after tonight.

What a time to have a breakout game. Santonio has stepped up enormously for the Steelers.

SteelerFanInATL
02-01-2009, 10:42 PM
That was THE GREATEST CATCH in STEELER AND SUPER BOWL HISTORY!!!!!!!!!:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

A well deserved MVP!!!!!!!!!!1

Texasteel
02-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Holmes looked great, and deserved the MVP, but it would have been hard for we not to give it to Ben

AllD
02-01-2009, 10:47 PM
That was THE GREATEST CATCH in STEELER AND SUPER BOWL HISTORY!!!!!!!!!:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

A well deserved MVP!!!!!!!!!!1

In the top 5. The Immaculate reception is still #1. Plus the fleaflicker in XL. Stallworth in 1979 and Swann's circus catches. We are truly blessed.

T.Richardson
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Cant they just give the award to two players?

jaysta
02-01-2009, 10:56 PM
What an awesome catch and a great game for Holmes! Harrison and Ben each deserve one too though! Silverback played lights out and was held on nearly every single play! But he still managed to get to Warner and make awesome plays as well! Give em' all one! :tt02:

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
02-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Well Deserved But Ben Deserve it 2!

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-01-2009, 10:59 PM
OMG!!! WE DID IT!! SANTO , BEN , AND DEBO!!! MVPs of the game!!!!

AllD
02-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Not knockin' 'Tone's contribution, but I don't see how they couldn't give it to Silverback.
:tt02:

His personal foul.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
I think in the past years go, didnt they split the award as well?

As far as harrison? I would not have voted for him, based on the fact of his dumbass PF. As great as the int/td was, the PF was equally huge.

If he got a sack and another forced fumble, maybe. But he negated it as is, with the PF, imo.

GOT SIX? WE DO!!!!

BrandonCarr39
02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
To be frank-when Santonio Holmes was making plays left and right in our 12/7 meeting at HF, I THOUGHT it was *more* my team choking than anything else.(I couldn't believe how he schooled Terrence Newman)

But Wow-Holmes has really proven to be a game breaker in the final sprint(i.e. game winning TD @Balt, PR TD to tie the game at 7 against SD in the AFCDG, the long TD against the Ravens in the AFCCG, and now he got this team over the top in the Super Bowl)...and it has me eating my crow as well!:hatsoff:

grumpybearang
02-01-2009, 11:07 PM
:helmet: Congrats Holmes!!! :love::toast::thmbup::drink::tt02:

Santo-Gold
02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Amazing performance. Made the great rookie CB look foolish over and over again and make one of the greatest catches in SB history to end the game.

devilsdancefloor
02-01-2009, 11:21 PM
:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03: well deserved! amazing catch!!!

Lock Down
02-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Holmes was a beast in the playoffs, after a slow regular season, he came alight, what a catch to win the Super bowl!

For what Fitzgerald means to the Cardinals, Holmes meant that & ultimately more for Pittsburgh.

shevdog
02-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Santonio deserving? Yes. Harrison more deserving? Yes.

But who cares! Steelers are the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!

Bigben87
02-02-2009, 08:44 AM
I was on Warcraft last night arguing with many of the idiots in trade channel about this:

Ben deservers Co-MVP. He did not "ride on the co-tails of the D"...he took that game upon his shoulders and was absolutely incredible in the clutch. Who delivered those passes? Ben. Look at the last throw that sealed the game...absolute perfect accuracy to Santonio. Ben won't get any respect until he's throwing 3+ touchdowns a game, but who cares. He's not flashy, but he wins games. Congrats to Santonio though, he definitely deserves it. I just think Ben did, too.

Cordlisberger
02-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Santo showed up in the playoffs I am happy to have him to fill wards shoes

BigIg
02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
I was on Warcraft last night arguing with many of the idiots in trade channel about this:

Ben deservers Co-MVP. He did not "ride on the co-tails of the D"...he took that game upon his shoulders and was absolutely incredible in the clutch. Who delivered those passes? Ben. Look at the last throw that sealed the game...absolute perfect accuracy to Santonio. Ben won't get any respect until he's throwing 3+ touchdowns a game, but who cares. He's not flashy, but he wins games. Congrats to Santonio though, he definitely deserves it. I just think Ben did, too.

I think MVP is a three way Harrison/Ben/Santonio Tie. :tt03:

stillers4me
02-02-2009, 09:00 AM

Bravo to Ben and his offense for stepping up and finishing the season in championhip mode. :applaudit:

Bravo to our Defense for carrying the load while the offense was finding their way! :applaudit:

Bravo to our special teams for their contributions along the way! :applaudit:

And bravo to Mike Tomlin! You Are The Man! :applaudit: :applaudit:

And bravo to Dan Rooney.........you fought to more than one battle this year and we are forever grateful! :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are World Champions!!!!!!!!!! :tt03:

memphissteelergirl
02-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Santo came up with the right play at the right time!! WOW!!!

6-time champions!! This is a dream come true!!

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit:

stlrtruck
02-02-2009, 09:39 AM
With all due respect to Holmes, I do believe that the MVP belongs to Ben or Harrison

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Congratulations to Holmes for the MVP award!!

....but I have a question...after his TD, he used the football as a prop in that little celebration he did....why was he not flagged for it? The way the rule is set up...shouldn't that have been a penalty? I am asking because maybe I am mis-interpreting the rule. Field position wise, would have made a huge difference on the ensuing kick-off.

Galax Steeler
02-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Well deserved Holmes played a great game last night and he deserved the mvp.

stlrtruck
02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Congratulations to Holmes for the MVP award!!

....but I have a question...after his TD, he used the football as a prop in that little celebration he did....why was he not flagged for it? The way the rule is set up...shouldn't that have been a penalty? I am asking because maybe I am mis-interpreting the rule. Field position wise, would have made a huge difference on the ensuing kick-off.

I think you're right. But who knows what the hell refs are thinking these days.

Maybe they got caught up in the moment of a great catch.

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Congrats Thugtonio! if m. phelps can hit the bong after winning the most gold medals in the olympics, i think youve eared the right to go blaze a fatty.

*post brought to you by sarcasm*:chuckle:

the kid has caught a bad rap for his indiscretions but he is really owning up, being a man, and handling it well.

i hope Bluntonio is on the team for years to come. :tt02:

i had to laugh at his little boy on the nfl network set saying that he hated the cardinals and that they were ugly.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Congrats Thugtonio! if m. phelps can hit the bong after winning the most gold medals in the olympics, i think youve eared the right to go blaze a fatty.

*post brought to you by sarcasm*:chuckle:

the kid has caught a bad rap for his indiscretions but he is really owning up, being a man, and handling it well.

i hope Bluntonio is on the team for years to come. :tt02:

i had to laugh at his little boy on the nfl network set saying that he hated the cardinals and that they were ugly.

I credit that to Steelers Nation !!! That place erupted soo loud that I bet that the ref were just sitting there in AWE on what just happened and the spectacle of the thousands of Terrible Towels waving and the FANS GOING CRAZY! Probably distracted all 7 of the refs for a brief moment.

"The terrible towel is poised to strike..." - Thanks for the distraction Myron:chuckle: