PDA

View Full Version : Get Off Ben's Ass!

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 10:24 PM
That is all. I don't want to hear it anymore.

mesaSteeler
02-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Hear Hear!! No more whining about Ben!

RunWillieRun
02-01-2009, 10:26 PM

QFT...HAVE MY BABIES BEN!!!

...and I'm a guy!

HometownGal
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Damned straight and I don't want to hear any more f'in whining about Arians either.

T.Richardson
02-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Take that! Haters!

Pittsburghfan
02-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Speaking of things to complain of. As Ben said "Whose laughing now O line?"

BlastFurnace
That's right.

Just stay safe this time around Ben.

Texasteel

They all will be happy, till opening day next years. Then they'll start all over.

fansince'76
It wasn't the D or the running game that bailed him out tonight. Ben pulled their fat out of the fire this time.

Ricco Suavez
12 and 4 season and we had fans calling for benching BB. I said all year he gave us the best chance to win, and that is what he does.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Let them talk, the True Fans know the Truth about what you get with Big Ben...

You Get A Winner!

X-Terminator
02-01-2009, 10:33 PM
2 SB wins in 4 years. Engineered one of the great game-winning drives in SB history and the greatest in Steelers SB history.

I don't want to hear it anymore.

Texasteel
02-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Damned straight and I don't want to hear any more f'in whining about Arians either.

I thought Arians called one hell of a game. I'm real proud of him.

HometownGal
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
I thought Arians called one hell of a game. I'm real proud of him.

Well - Ben called a lot of the plays, but Bruce designed 'em. I'm serious - I don't want to hear one more derogatory remark about that man.

RunWillieRun
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Well - Ben called a lot of the plays, but Bruce designed 'em. I'm serious - I don't want to hear one more derogatory remark about that man.

Exercise the BANHAMMER!

HometownGal
02-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Exercise the BANHAMMER!

I will never ban anyone for having a differing opinion and neither would Gary. However, I WILL go head to head with ANYONE who starts up the "Fire Arians" bullshit again.

Edman
02-01-2009, 10:51 PM
I certainly don't want to hear any more bitching about Ben after tonight.

It wasn't the running game or the Defense. Big Ben was big time in the big game at the BIG MOMENT. HE IS ELITE. HE IS CLUTCH. HE IS THE BEST.

kingkulsteel
02-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Right on if you don't like ben Im sure cleveland would love a new fan. Take your sad sack ass on. where are you now bashers?

AllD
02-01-2009, 10:57 PM
"Anything is possible."

It isn't pretty, just like Bradshaw- he just wins. A career defining drive and we witnessed it live. It's good to be alive and great to be a Steeler fan.

43Hitman
02-01-2009, 11:00 PM

I think it's fair to say that Steelers&I will lose his bet and will have to make a nice donation to the Steelers fever website.

HometownGal
02-01-2009, 11:01 PM
I think it's fair to say that Steelers&I will lose his bet and will have to make a nice donation to the Steelers fever website.

He was going to lose his bet whether or not the Steelers won tonight. I hope he keeps his end of the bargain! That's $50.00 out of his pocket that will be going to SF! :thumbsup::applaudit:

iloveben7
02-01-2009, 11:40 PM
I LOVE BEN!!!!

SC Steeler Steve
02-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Hell yeah, stay off Bens ass.
I have said it before and I am gonna say it again. I knew when we got a QB we would win a SB, now we have won 2 and I believe there will be more.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2009, 11:45 PM
2 SB wins as a Starting QB...

how many other QBs have 2 or more?

Bradshaw 4, Montana 4, Brady 3, Aikmen 3, Elway 2, Plunkett 2, Starr 2, Staubach 2, Greise 2, and Big Ben...2

Did I miss anyone?

That's Dang Good Company for our boy to be in...yes it is.

Benzbrother
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Agree 1000% with the OP! I couldn't believe the hate I was seein at Heinz even during the divisional playoff game! Big Ben is THE man, comes through in the clutch time after time and deserves love from every member of Steeler Nation!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!!!!!:tt02::tt::tt03::tt::tt02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-01-2009, 11:47 PM

What? nobody wanted to put Lefy in for big ben?

Great game Ben..... You could have easily been MVP!!!!

fansince'76

Bradshaw 4, Montana 4, Brady 3, Aikmen 3, Elway 2, Plunkett 2, Starr 2, Staubach 2, Greise 2, and Big Ben...2

Did I miss anyone?

It'll stop the idiotic and retarded comparisons to Trent Dilfer as well. The D did NOT save the day in this game, nor did the running game. Ben (with help from Santo) did.

T.Richardson

Did I miss anyone?

He is what? 27? he is going to win 2 more!

T.Richardson
02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
It'll stop the idiotic and retarded comparisons to Trent Dilfer as well. The D did NOT save the day in this game, nor did the running game. Ben (with help from Santo) did.

Ben carried this team in this game! Nothing is going to change that!

JEFF4i
02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
He's 26. I said it when I joined this forum, I LOVE BIG BEN!

steelwall
Yeap.....chirp.......chirp..........chirp.......Al l I hear now are the crickets. Ben is a winner. Take all the Fantasy Football darling QB's and ask them how many rings they are wearing?

Dino 6 Rings

Heck yeah..Game Winning Drive with 3rd down passes for conversions and a game winning TD pass that was just perfect. No blown coverage on this one like Plax's catch last year, this was just a perfect pass, to the one spot his guy could make an amazing catch...absolutely...legendary.

jasonhightower
02-01-2009, 11:51 PM
I think I remember seeing a statistic that said Ben has led 18 4th quarter comebacks... incredible for a 27 year old starting QB.

silverbackattack
02-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Don't forget Warner has 2 also. He's a good man and knows how to accept a loss.

I respect that.

shevdog
02-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Agreed.

KeiselPower99
02-01-2009, 11:55 PM
FREAKIN A LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2009, 11:56 PM

I respect that.

Warner is 1-2 as a Starting QB in the Super Bowl.

Ben is 2-0.

Godfather
02-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Don't forget--Ben also has the most wins ever in the first five years.

SteelCurtain7
02-01-2009, 11:57 PM

Spoken for truth. :tt:

SC Steeler Steve
02-01-2009, 11:58 PM

I respect that.

Warner only has one, but he is definitly a class act. The whole Cards organization is a class act and congratulations them the team and there fans for a great memorable season and Superbowl.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Ben Roethlisberger= Elite Quarterback

Lock Down
02-01-2009, 11:59 PM
I was incredibly nervous throughout the fourth quarter, then at a point prior to what would ultimately end up being the game winning drive, i had confidence that we would pull out the victory.

This was it, like all season, how many times did Ben come through in the clutch? All season long it did not matter one bit if the offense was having an average day, when it came time to make the big plays, Ben & the team stepped up, no excuses & lead the team to victory.

As the coach put it, this is Steelers football, we play the entire 60 minutes.

kittenfantastico76
02-02-2009, 12:01 AM
All I can say is... Warner Who?

I LOVE me some Roethlisberger!!! I'm so over the moon about tonight!!! My nerves are shot but I knew they'd pull it off!

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 12:01 AM
i like warner.. he's as classy as they come in victory and defeat.. so lets not dog him in this thread, ok?

anyways.. i kept thinking of montana vs the bengals... i should have expected this though because he has been doing it all season. shit.. im still in disbelief.

steelpride12
02-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Ben came out once again and won the Superbowl for the Steelers Jan. 1 2009! He lead them to a game winning TD and drive and proved to the world his eliteness and shows to the nation why we signed him the contract!

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 12:03 AM
All hail ben!! He poured salt on all those slug haters tonight! he has 1 more ring than farve ,the manning wonder twins & Warner 2 more than Brees ,Romo & Rivers!!! all you haters need to suck a egg and take your stats elsewhere!!:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 12:06 AM
All hail ben!! He poured salt on all those slug haters tonight! he has 1 more ring than farve ,the manning wonder twins & Warner 2 more than Brees ,Romo & Rivers!!! all you haters need to suck a egg and take your stats elsewhere!!:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Brees, Romo, Rivers, Palmer, McNabb = 0 SB titles combined

Ben has 2 rings now.

TWO!

That's as many as the Manning Brothers Combined.

SC Steeler Steve
02-02-2009, 12:06 AM
A radio personality here in Anderson, SC called Big Ben the best QB playing in the NFL this season. He made that statement the week after the Titans game. I believed him then and I believe even more now.

drizze99
02-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Sorry, but there is nothing that Arians can do to make me like him. I love LeBeau and coach T but hate Arians....

SC Steeler Steve
02-02-2009, 12:08 AM
And lets dont forget he is absolutly TOUGH AS A BOX OF NAILS. Gets the hell beat out of himself and keeps on playing like the champion he is.

VegasStlrFan
02-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Ben recieves a lot of crap, similar to Bradshaw in his day.

Honestly, I was confident Ben was going to put points on the board in our final possesion. Throw the stats out the window, he shines in moments like that.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 12:17 AM
So...Dorsett the Pitt Grad loses in a superbowl to the Steelers...now Fitzgerald the Pitt Grad loses the superbowl to the Steelers...

Gosh darn it...my Pitt guys can't catch a break...

But I love my Steelers!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Ben gets a ton of credit for wins and tons of blame for losses........he is doing OK with 2 rings in 5 seasons.

You whiners need to get off the O line's back.

cubanstogie
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
I was very happy the way they won, even though I was stressed. I wanted Ben to get some credit, instead of the D this, running game that , game manager crap. That is 6 comeback wins this year and on the biggest stage. I can't count how many plays he kept alive by "holding the ball to long".I have said all year he is elite, but playoff time needs to step up and prove it. There will probably still be haters , but he proved tonight and throughout the playoffs this year he is far more than a game manager. Zero mistakes in 3 games really, the tipped ball his hardly a mistake.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Cubanstogie. The term "game manager" is a term of endearment to almost all coaches. It means your guy doesnt make mistakes that cost the team and manages to win. Mostly its (fantasy football) fans that think its a negative.

Kurt Warner had a better statistical day than Ben, but Ben managed the game well and drove for the decisive TD when it counted. I would rather have a winning game manager like Ben instead of a great QB (for fantasy leagues) like Warner, Cutler, Rivers ......and lose.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Ben was just awesome...even his INT was a tipped ball...he was acurate all day and made great decisions all day...what a game he had.

stillers4me
02-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Ben did what he always does.......and I hope he never stops!

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Ben is the man really.. so were did all the ben haters go?? other then that tipped INT, he played great..BTW that throw to holmes to win it was just on the #.. great throw man, and better catch by holmes!!

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 12:49 AM
to quote Dilfer "He's a Have To Quarterback"..."The Argument is over, Ben needs put in that category of elite quarterbacks."

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Ben gets a ton of credit for wins and tons of blame for losses........he is doing OK with 2 rings in 5 seasons.

You whiners need to get off the O line's back.

It was intended more for the idiots that were calling for Ben to be benched in favor of Lefty heading into the postseason and calling him an "overpaid bum" who rode the running game and D to 50+ wins in his first five years and the like. And they know who they are.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 12:51 AM
to quote Dilfer "He's a Have To Quarterback"..."The Argument is over, Ben needs put in that category of elite quarterbacks."

Wont happen cause ben has alot of haters.. LOL..

funy thing is though, that he has nothing to prove nomore..

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 12:51 AM

Nuff Said:drink:

Edman
02-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Ben Roethlisberger has more Super Bowl wins than Brett Favre. A certain poster we all know who said Ben is not the real deal and pimped Favre even at his age, I wonder where he is?

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Ben Roethlisberger has more Super Bowl wins than Brett Favre. A certain poster we all know who said Ben is not the real deal and pimped Favre even at his age, I wonder where he is?

No kidding...Big players make big plays in big games.

Texasteel
02-02-2009, 05:45 AM
No kidding...Big players make big plays in big games.

Well said. Ben will never shake the haters, they enjoy it to much. I really think that some of them would rather see the Steelers lose so they can keep bitching and not look to silly.

HometownGal
02-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Well said. Ben will never shake the haters, they enjoy it to much. I really think that some of them would rather see the Steelers lose so they can keep bitching and not look to silly.

Sadly, you've got that right. :shake02:

cubanstogie
02-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Cubanstogie. The term "game manager" is a term of endearment to almost all coaches. It means your guy doesnt make mistakes that cost the team and manages to win. Mostly its (fantasy football) fans that think its a negative.

Kurt Warner had a better statistical day than Ben, but Ben managed the game well and drove for the decisive TD when it counted. I would rather have a winning game manager like Ben instead of a great QB (for fantasy leagues) like Warner, Cutler, Rivers ......and lose.

Thats why I shake my head in frustration reading the "game manager" comments. Isn't that what a good QB does. Joe Montana was the best game manager ever IMO. I think your right about fantasy football,it has turned a lot of fans into stat geeks. Wins are the only thing that matters, it is a team sport.

CargoJon
02-02-2009, 10:47 AM

Did I miss anyone?

When did Greise get 2? The only thing I can remember is Tampa but Brad Johnson was the QB on that team.....

markymarc
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Let the hate continue. The real football fans know Ben is a winner and has now elevated himself to the elite status. Ben is amazing and proved how valuable he is to this team all season long and especially last night. I wouldn't want any other QB leading this team. Ben is the man :tt02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
When did Greise get 2? The only thing I can remember is Tampa but Brad Johnson was the QB on that team.....

Believe it or not. Brian Griese is a scrub QB, BUT............his father BOB GRIESE is a hall of fame former Dolphins QB.

Oh, and Ken Stabler of the Raiders has 2 super bowl wins.

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I think I remember seeing a statistic that said Ben has led 18 4th quarter comebacks... incredible for a 27 year old starting QB.thats partially incorrect. its even more amazing than that.

ben has engineered 18 GAME WINNING DRIVES. :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
thats partially incorrect. its even more amazing than that.

ben has engineered 18 GAME WINNING DRIVES. :tt02:

He is pretty awesome isn't he :tt02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Thats why I shake my head in frustration reading the "game manager" comments. Isn't that what a good QB does. Joe Montana was the best game manager ever IMO. I think your right about fantasy football,it has turned a lot of fans into stat geeks. Wins are the only thing that matters, it is a team sport.

Yeah, I have heard Ditka, Dan Reeves, Mariucci and a few other notable former coach/player analysts that love the term "game manager". I think a lot of fans confuse the "just don't lose the game" type QB's like Dilfer, Grossman, Gus Ferotte, Jason Campbell, etc...............with game managing QB's that have the ablity to come from behind like Ben.

Everybody wants a guy to run the offense thru like Manning, Brady, Palmer, Warner, Cutler, Brees, etc. But they forget its a 53-man game and you dont (and often cant) win it by yourself.

Steelers & I
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I will never ban anyone for having a differing opinion and neither would Gary. However, I WILL go head to head with ANYONE who starts up the "Fire Arians" bullshit again.

The next post on Arians will be "Arians FIRED! :flap: At that point you can make your donation to the forum.

I'll abide by your request but in the meantime, I hope that you'll refrain from calling the Steelers offensive line a "bunch of turnstiles" or the "the worst offensive line in Steelers history". :drink:

Ben said it best last night when speaking of the offensive line, "Who's laughing now".

Steelers & I
02-02-2009, 01:44 PM

I wouldn't be quite so sure of that just yet. I'll give it a month or so, if he's still with the Steelers then I'll make my donation.