PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Bengals !!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Its all set now, the pats just loss on the last play trying to convert a 2 pt conversion to tie.. so its all set. Its time to knock the bengals outta the playoffs and send them home where they belong !

We know this team and they know us, its no holds barred and yes its definately PERSONAL !!!

SteelR1
01-01-2006, 04:21 PM
It will certainly be PERSONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go Pittsburgh,, STICK THEIR LITTLE PEE PEES IN THE DIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Good luck to both teams for that one.

I have alot of respect for the Steelers and Bettis - but I quite like Cincy as the perennial underdog.

If Steelers win this one it keeps us on target for a NE v Pitts AFCCG game in New England which would be ideal.

Who do I think will win?

Pittsburgh probably.

Cincy wins the offensive battle - but their D appears to be falling apart.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Bring on the ***** Cats!

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go!

Now to find out who really rules the roost in the AFCN

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-01-2006, 04:28 PM

I have alot of respect for the Steelers and Bettis - but I quite like Cincy as the perennial underdog.

If Steelers win this one it keeps us on target for a NE v Pitts AFCCG game in New England which would be ideal.

Who do I think will win?

Pittsburgh probably.

NMI don't think that your going to make it that far:crying01:

WHO DEY!
01-01-2006, 04:33 PM
WHO DEY! WHO DEY! WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT THEM BENGALS! NOOOOO BODY!
THAT MEANS YOU STEELERS!
Bring it on baby....can't wait to make it 2 in a row against you guys.

Seriously though, congrats on making the playoffs. There were quite alot of Steeler faithful that were doubting that you'd make it after the Cincy game. You guys are playing well, and our defense better get their heads outta their @** if we're going to compete with you. But Marvin (aka Black Jesus) and Carson will be ready..its PLAYOFF TIME!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 04:33 PM
The Bengals are coming in on a low note, no matter who was playing or not playing after losing the last 2 games. We have playoff experience and we're on the road.. its us against the world.

Bet on US !!!

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Are we looking at a Saturday game? Or Sunday?

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Steve Young said on ESPN's pre-game show this morning that the Bengals are "soft." On CBS's post-game show this afternoon after the Steelers game, both Boomer Esiason and Shannon Sharpe said the Bengals are in serious trouble playing the Steelers next week because Cincy's defense is crapola and the Steelers are on a roll! Woohoo! GO STEELERS!!! :bouncy:

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 04:43 PM
I wish the game was tomorrow!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Hell yeah man.. Im ready now too !!

but Im sure the players could use a few days to rest up :toofunny:

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Agreed, Matt...(lol). I think they need a rest. But I'm with, Cleve, too! I wish the Steelers were playing Cincy tomorrow. I'm so PSYCHED!

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Whew! I'm so pumped for Steelers vs Bengals part III! Bring it on!

Rinkleroot
01-01-2006, 04:58 PM

Who do I think will win?

Pittsburgh probably.

NM

I think the Jags will have something to say about that, its good to see your Over-Confident as I'm sure your team is as well.

Brady12
01-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Wow, the AFC is gonna be unbelievable...

Steelers/Bengals
Pats/Jags

If it's Steelers/Pats, Steelers/Colts, Pats/Broncs
If it's Steelers/Jags, Steelers/Colts, Jags/Broncs
If it's Pats/Bengals, Pats/Colts, Bengals/Broncs
If it's Jags/Bengals, Jags/Colts, Bengals/Broncs

Either way, It will be a great AFC Playoffs.

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I think the Jags will have something to say about that, its good to see your Over-Confident as I'm sure your team is as well.

Call me Mr Paranoid - but either all the new posters are obnoxious and its a HUGE co-incidence......or someone has been signing up for multiple accounts.

What you think?

NM

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't think you're paranoid, LITP. I think you're kinda cute...(lol)! :smile:

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't think you're paranoid, LITP. I think you're kinda cute...(lol)! :smile:

Awwww shucks - now you got the Pats fan blushing........

:blurp:

NM

figg
01-01-2006, 05:06 PM
WHO DEY! WHO DEY! WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT THEM BENGALS! NOOOOO BODY!
THAT MEANS YOU STEELERS!
Bring it on baby....can't wait to make it 2 in a row against you guys.

Seriously though, congrats on making the playoffs. There were quite alot of Steeler faithful that were doubting that you'd make it after the Cincy game. You guys are playing well, and our defense better get their heads outta their @** if we're going to compete with you. But Marvin (aka Black Jesus) and Carson will be ready..its PLAYOFF TIME!

Your soft ass team tried to lose rather then play us :busted:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Call me Mr Paranoid - but either all the new posters are obnoxious and its a HUGE co-incidence......or someone has been signing up for multiple accounts.

What you think?

NM

Dont worry we watch the IP address thing..but as far as being obnoxious .. just gotta wait for the newbs to catch on that you are actually a pretty OK guy for a pats fan :wink:

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Dont worry we watch the IP address thing..but as far as being obnoxious .. just gotta wait for the newbs to catch on that you are actually a pretty OK guy for a pats fan :wink:

Hey Blitz,

Its good to know that you are checking...I guess the ol' Pats logo is like red flag to the newbie bull.

Oh...and your not a bad moderator for a Steelers fan :salute:

NM

WHO DEY!
01-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Your soft ass team tried to lose rather then play us :busted:

Wow, just keep talking and your igorance will continue to show itself. Do you think ANY team in the NFL would intentionally lose? Yeah, I think you're hopeless.

:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 05:20 PM
There were quite alot of Steeler faithful that were doubting that you'd make it after the Cincy game. You guys are playing well, and our defense better get their heads outta their @** if we're going to compete with you. But Marvin (aka Black Jesus) and Carson will be ready..its PLAYOFF TIME!

lmao! steelers doubting their playoff bid because of a loss to the bengals????

are you serious? i think some bengals fans better pull their heads out of their rear ends.

the bengals d pulling their heads out of their butts just means they can see who is running in for a 40 yd td on them.

who dey gonna beat dem paper tigers? STEELERS, STEELERS!

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Wow, just keep talking and your igorance will continue to show itself. Do you think ANY team in the NFL would intentionally lose? Yeah, I think you're hopeless.

yeah the bengals didnt intentionally try to lose they just showed their true colors. fact is despite their season they still suck and are still the same old bungles.

losing to the bills? lmao!

3 pts against the cheifs? lmao!

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 05:24 PM

Who Dey... It's cool and all that you wanna talk smack, but please do so in the Blast Furnace. If you don't do it voluntarily, I'm sure you'll be told to do so eventually by the Mod Squad, so your choice. I'm sure the guys would love to talk smack w/you in the Blast Furnace, wouldn't you guys? :wink:

WHO DEY!
01-01-2006, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest]lmao! steelers doubting their playoff bid because of a loss to the bengals????

are you serious?

Old 12-05-2005, 04:02 PM #7
Steel - X
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 583
Steel - X is a jewel in the rough

Current Mood: [Lurking]

Default Re: Who Dey!
"Playoffs?! Don' talk about Playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?

Sorry Prosdo but the way the team has looked the past few weeks I am not sure we want to see the Steelers in the playoffs.

Great game BENGALS it truly was your QB is amazing!!

A LITTLE EXCERPT FROM ONE OF YOUR OWN.

:) it's on next week.

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
who dey giving up all that BOO-TAY? whose gonna beat dem bengals?
lets start with the bills and cheifs. the bengals have paved the way for how they will react with pressure situations.

face it. the bengals and their fans are just happy to have a winning season let alone make it to the playoffs. atleast they have plenty of excuses for their early exit.

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Did any of the Steelers' fans flip you the finger like you did them, Who Dey? Just wonderin'...

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 05:35 PM

another fine exAmple of bengal math. 1 post equals alot of steelers faithful huh?

your really reaching dude. a sign of desperation?

WHO DEY!
01-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Did any of the Steelers' fans flip you the finger like you did them, Who Dey? Just wonderin'...

Um...why dont you pay a visit to OUR message board and read some interesting things from your classy fans. I think compared to some of those posts, I have been very nice.

figg
01-01-2006, 05:37 PM

Good then you sucked your way into the playoffs :busted:

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Um...why dont you pay a visit to OUR message board and read some interesting things from your classy fans. I think compared to some of those posts, I have been very nice.

Thanks for the invite, hon, but I have absolutely no interest in visiting the Bengals MB. I'm quite happy right where I am. :smile:

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
You can do pretty much whatever you like in the Blast Furnace here, although that, too, is up to the Mod Squad's discretion. But I'm sure the guys would love to post w/you there. Try it and see. :smile:

WHO DEY!
01-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the invite, hon, but I have absolutely no interest in visiting the Bengals MB. I'm quite happy right where I am. :smile:

Thank you, "Hon". Really didnt want ya to, just making a point about your classy fans.

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 05:40 PM

just like the browns are the dogs, you are our pets and you come when we whistle, not vice versa. why the hell would we want to visit a losers board?

steelerfans are the ones who call the shots. you should be used to it by now. thanks for dropping by but stray cats often find their way to being euthanized

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Thank you, "Hon". Really didnt want ya to, just making a point about your classy fans.

Riiiiiiight... :rofl:

You're right, of course, Tony. :smile:

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Thank you, "Hon". Really didnt want ya to, just making a point about your classy fans. when did the nfl start giving out rings for "class" go ***** at the fans on your board if youre so bent out of shape about it or grow some thicker skin.

them fans probably just told you that you sucked and im willing to bet they were 100% correct.

Blitzburgh55
01-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Anthoner game chad gets 0TDs

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Anthoner game chad gets 0TDs

and another game he gets to check "no" on his little chart. (even though he was handled)

will chad get a ring? _yes or x no

augustashark
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM

What you think?

NM

Litp, you have to be the biggest whiner-"baby" I have ever seen on a msg board!!
Two words for you-THICK SKIN!!!!!

I hate to call you names but grow up man!

Just because a guy says that the pats are over confident is not being "obnoxious"

This board is a give and a take! Learn to take!! You more than anyone else on this board has this problem.

that being said, Steelers will be in Cincy for some payback and it will be hard fought but we will prevail!!!!

CantStop85
01-01-2006, 06:09 PM
and another game he gets to check "no" on his little chart. (even though he was handled)

will bettis get a ring? _yes or x no :smile:

I don't know if you can say that those last two games were examples of how the Bengals perform under pressure situations considering the fact that they had already clinched a playoff berth and were probably showing a little less intensity than usual. The team's still a little immature/young...it could definitely hurt us in the playoffs but it could also help.

I think the Bengals will rebound and be at full steam by playoff time. It should be a good game next week. Go bengals...who-dey.

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Steelers Fans. Bengals fans. Although there is no love lost here. I think we all agree it should be a hard hitting, close game.

With the Steelers winning of course

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Litp, you have to be the biggest whiner-"baby" I have ever seen on a msg board!!
Two words for you-THICK SKIN!!!!!

I hate to call you names but grow up man!

Just because a guy says that the pats are over confident is not being "obnoxious"

This board is a give and a take! Learn to take!! You more than anyone else on this board has this problem.

that being said, Steelers will be in Cincy for some payback and it will be hard fought but we will prevail!!!!

Dont worry we watch the IP address thing..but as far as being obnoxious .. just gotta wait for the newbs to catch on that you are actually a pretty OK guy for a pats fan

Ears burning with people talking about you eh ? :grin:

NM

augustashark
01-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Ears burning with people talking about you eh ? :grin:

NM

Grow up man!!!!

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Grow up man!!!!

You sound ever so stern - I have this weird urge to laugh when you get all serious.

Maybe you ought to spend some more time thinking about your 'deep seeded' hatred of the Pats?

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-01-2006, 06:21 PM

I don't know if you can say that those last two games were examples of how the Bengals perform under pressure situations considering the fact that they had already clinched a playoff berth and were probably showing a little less intensity than usual. The team's still a little immature/young...it could definitely hurt us in the playoffs but it could also help.

I think the Bengals will rebound and be at full steam by playoff time. It should be a good game next week. Go bengals...who-dey.Please you have no D. (31pts a game the last three games).Had you won against Buf. you could have avoided us. Now you will get whats yours! We all know that you win Championships with DEFENSE!:bouncy:

augustashark
01-01-2006, 06:22 PM
You sound ever so stern - I have this weird urge to laugh when you get all serious.

Maybe you ought to spend some more time thinking about your 'deep seeded' hatred of the Pats?

NM

There is an icon on every post that reads "report bad post"! Be honest, how many times have you used it!!!

Remember be honest!!!

Livinginthe past
01-01-2006, 06:24 PM
There is an icon on every post that reads "report bad post"! Be honest, how many times have you used it!!!

Remember be honest!!!

I think maybe 4 times - two of them have been for you - and you have only posted about 20 times.

Revealing stats no?

NM

augustashark
01-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I think maybe 4 times - two of them have been for you - and you have only posted about 20 times.

Revealing stats no?

NM

My point exactly...I have never cursed on here nor have I ever threaten anyone.

Thinskin-you?

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-01-2006, 06:33 PM
My point exactly...I have never cursed on here nor have I ever threaten anyone.

Thinskin-you?Hey take this to the Blast Furnace.

augustashark
01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey take this to the Blast Furnace.

No need, I'm done!

augustashark
01-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Let's all remember that Cincy had their way with us when we were on D last time at home. We need to bring everything he have on D next week!!!!

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 06:48 PM
It will be a shoot out again, Pitts scorched our D and we scorched their D a bit more...... After both performances today from both defenses it will clearly be an offensive game.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-01-2006, 06:49 PM
And because our D is better than yours, we Will win!

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Please you have no D. (31pts a game the last three games).Had you won against Buf. you could have avoided us. Now you will get whats yours! We all know that you win Championships with DEFENSE!:bouncy:

And your defense did great last time we met right?

SteelerzGirl
01-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Awwww shucks - now you got the Pats fan blushing........

:blurp:

NM

The red will go well w/your Pats jersey. :smile:

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 07:03 PM

Will Chad eventually get a ring xyes _no

Will Bettis ever get a ring _yes xno

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-01-2006, 07:04 PM
And your defense did great last time we met right?
Yeah, put into the situations they were faced with,I don't think that they did half bad. But its nothing like what your going to face this Sunday!:bouncy:

figg
01-01-2006, 07:08 PM
It wont be a shootout trust me.

augustashark
01-01-2006, 07:13 PM
hey 21, LJ had over 200 on the ground and 3tds.....Listen my friend it aint getting any better next week......

YOU CAN'T STOP THE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 08:11 PM
hey 21, LJ had over 200 on the ground and 3tds.....Listen my friend it aint getting any better next week......

YOU CAN'T STOP THE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your right next week we are going to sub the hole roster in and out again.

figg
01-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Your right next week we are going to sub the hole roster in and out again.

What happened against the Bills?

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 08:15 PM
What happened against the Bills?

We gave up 200 rushing yds there to?

What happened with detroit? they had the lead at one point

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 08:21 PM
CP/AT YDS TD INT

J. Harrington 17/33 212 3 0

B. Roethlisberger 7/16 135 0 2

Wow great D there looks like the lions d played better

figg
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
CP/AT YDS TD INT

J. Harrington 17/33 212 3 0

B. Roethlisberger 7/16 135 0 2

Wow great D there looks like the lions d played better

at leats 4 drops including 1 TD. And we still won by 14. You lost to the Bills :busted:

BTW the D dropped 3 possable INT's.

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 08:29 PM
at leats 4 drops including 1 TD. And we still won by 14. You lost to the Bills :busted:

BTW the D dropped 3 possable INT's.

And you lost to us so what does that say?

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Bring it Bengals. Your Behind is fried Sunday. 4:30 you're going DOWN!

figg
01-01-2006, 08:34 PM
And you lost to us so what does that say?

We spanked you in your backyard!

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 08:35 PM
We spanked you in your backyard!

And we returned the favor in yours.................You going to play or not punk :boxing:

figg
01-01-2006, 08:36 PM
And we returned the favor in yours.................You going to play or not punk :boxing:

Spanked? :rolleyes:

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Spanked? :rolleyes:

Whats the difference a W is a W

figg
01-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Whats the difference a W is a W

You were manhandled today just like you were when the Steelers played you at PBS. Steelers stile!

augustashark
01-01-2006, 08:39 PM
No common sense here. Come on 21 if you can't tell that Pit is playing at a higher level right now, then you don't know your football...Nailed by the bills at home!!!! then lay a 3 spot at KC....Come on man!!! I don't care if your back ups are in or not.....3 points....Not good at all....

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 08:49 PM
You were manhandled today just like you were when the Steelers played you at PBS. Steelers stile!

Its ok teams have bad games, you will have one next week :grin:

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 08:50 PM
No common sense here. Come on 21 if you can't tell that Pit is playing at a higher level right now, then you don't know your football...Nailed by the bills at home!!!! then lay a 3 spot at KC....Come on man!!! I don't care if your back ups are in or not.....3 points....Not good at all....

You would have lost to the Lions if Maddox or Batch was in with your second and 3rd string

figg
01-01-2006, 09:00 PM
You would have lost to the Lions if Maddox or Batch was in with your second and 3rd string

According to your buddies it doesnt matter who plays thats why you have backups lol

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 09:01 PM
According to your buddies it doesnt matter who plays thats why you have backups lol

Our 1st string D can't stop the run so what makes anyone think the 2nd and 3rd can

figg
01-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Our 1st string D can't stop the run so what makes anyone think the 2nd and 3rd can

I thought Kitna was the best backup in the league? :busted:

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 09:04 PM
I thoght Kitna was the best backup in the league? :busted:

He is his rust just showed......Would you rather have Kit or Maddox?

figg
01-01-2006, 09:05 PM
He is his rust just showed......Would you rather have Kit or Maddox?

Batch :busted:

bengalsfan21
01-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Batch :busted:

lol no way if the Lions cut them they aren't worth crap

figg
01-01-2006, 09:13 PM
lol no way if the Lions cut them they aren't worth crap

What would the Lions know about running a team?

TXSTEELER
01-01-2006, 09:14 PM
"You would have lost to the Lions if Maddox or Batch was in with your second and 3rd string"

WE did havbe Maddox for those two losses with our first string. That's why you clowns won the division. You know if Ben had played those 2 games we would have been 11-3, and had your spot in the playoffs. You barely squeaked into it by relying on Miami to beat NE's second string QB.

MichiSteeler
01-01-2006, 09:33 PM
The bungle train stopped a couple of weeks ago. We are like a rolling boulder. Rolling at nearly full speed. You cant stop that. With their defense playing worse than swiss i think we will keep on rolling! :sign08:

CantStop85
01-01-2006, 09:53 PM
The bungle train stopped a couple of weeks ago. We are like a rolling boulder. Rolling at nearly full speed. You cant stop that. With their defense playing worse than swiss i think we will keep on rolling! :sign08:
Yeah, but you guys kinda had to play hard...your season was on the line. We already clinched the division so we had nothing at stake but seeding.

The bills and chiefs games were bad losses, but you'll see a Bengals team at full strength next week.

And yes I know our defense sucks...that's why we have to force so many turnovers and score so many points on offense in order to win. Ben better watch it while throwing it in Deltha's direction next week. :bouncy:

figg
01-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but you guys kinda had to play hard...your season was on the line. We already clinched the division so we had nothing at stake but seeding.

The bills and chiefs games were bad losses, but you'll see a Bengals team at full strength next week.

And yes I know our defense sucks...that's why we have to force so many turnovers and score so many points on offense in order to win. Ben better watch it while throwing it in Deltha's direction next week. :bouncy:

Seeding didnt matter? lol

shevdog
01-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Cincy's defense was so loose against KC today. Steelers can tame the kittens next weekend.

And the Ratbirds claim the bottom of the pile in the AFC North. It is pitiful when the Browns, after getting whooped, beat yeah.

Go Steelers, crush the Bengles!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Remember this guys, we've been in your position before.. clinching a top seed as we could get weeks in advance.. its not the advantage you think it is.. ur backing into the playoffs now on a 2 game losing streak. You cant just turn it on after its been off ...the playoffs dont work like that. When your rolling your rolling and when your not, the playoffs are the worst time to shake off the rust !

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Remember this guys, we've been in your position before.. clinching a top seed as we could get weeks in advance.. its not the advantage you think it is.. ur backing into the playoffs now on a 2 game losing streak. You cant just turn it on after its been off ...the playoffs dont work like that. When your rolling your rolling and when your not, the playoffs are the worst time to shake off the rust !

The Playoffs Are The Worst Time To Have To Shake Off Rust. Well Cincy. Hope you didn't order your AFC Championship Game Tickets. Get your refunds if you did. Because your 1st playoff game will be a loss against Pittsburgh.

Rotorhead
01-01-2006, 11:03 PM
It should be a good game, and as long as the Steelers play like they can in all facets of the game we will win like our first meeting. If our defense plays half a$$ed like they did today then it will be close like the second and will come down to who has the ball last.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 11:08 PM
No half assed playing in the playoffs.. its full tilt or die ! Thats the mind set we have to have and the mindset that can carry us as far as we wanna go.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:09 PM
No half assed playing in the playoffs.. its full tilt or die ! Thats the mind set we have to have and the mindset that can carry us as far as we wanna go.

Exactly. Play 110% or better. We can't play like Crap. And BRC I believe there is a points paycheck coming your way.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks buddy.. if I had any rep points to give you I would but I ran out again today during the game..

I hope Mike can fix that by this week.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Anytime man. Damn Well It was the Bus's Last Game And I was at the game anyway. You might have ran out everytime I put up a thing for scoring. Which I will do when we score If I am able to get access to a computer next week.

augustashark
01-01-2006, 11:15 PM
I hope we go in with a game plan to run the ball at least 40 times! If we can go in and do that and our D plays well and we can win say 24-10 and have say 240 yrds rushing.

Could you ask for more than that?

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:22 PM
We get 1 100 yard Rusher And It's all over for the Bengals. We Will Win.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Anytime man. Damn Well It was the Bus's Last Game And I was at the game anyway. You might have ran out everytime I put up a thing for scoring. Which I will do when we score If I am able to get access to a computer next week.

What an honor it must have been to be there for what maybe is his last game at Heinz !!

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:49 PM
What an honor it must have been to be there for what maybe is his last game at Heinz !!

It felt great. I only got to see 2 games(1 Preseason Back In 2003 against Dallas). And Man If this is indeed the last year. GET THAT ONE FOR THE THUMB! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO! Man I am gonna miss The Bus.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 12:17 AM
786 what a treat to be there today, I`m jealous!

SteelCityMan786
01-02-2006, 12:39 AM
786 what a treat to be there today, I`m jealous!

Sorry I made you all jealous. Heck the tables may turn. You guys could get playoff tickets for the road and I might not or Vise Versa. Which in that case is what it would be now.

Mr. Payback
01-02-2006, 01:49 PM
While the Bengals have not been to the
playoffs since 1990...the Steelers have not won a road playoff game
since 1989. The Steelers have NEVER won a road playoff game
under Bill Cowher covering his tenure of 14-15 years as head coach.
While Cowher is a good regular season coach, the same cannot be
said of the post season and Steelers fans know it too.

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
when was the last time the bengals beat the steelers twice in a season?

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 02:16 PM
not to burst your bubble, but how many times have we had an away playoff game under cowher? i can remember one against the titans. the refs blew up that game. running into the kicker my arse. but this year i hope its different, our away record is better than our home so im not worried about it

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 02:16 PM

You posted that in another thread and I already replied to it..

and to summarize what I said in ur other post.. I'd rather have playoff experience, win or lose, than NO playoff experience at all. But that statistic you put up is tainted..the steelers usually are home for the playoffs the majority of their run.

Prosdo
01-02-2006, 02:26 PM
not to burst your bubble, but how many times have we had an away playoff game under cowher? i can remember one against the titans. the refs blew up that game. running into the kicker my arse. but this year i hope its different, our away record is better than our home so im not worried about it

Ugh, I remember that game.

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 02:28 PM
prolly the worst steeler game i've watched (not by the effort, just by how everything happeneed). as carson would put it "We were the better team." but my wall saw the worst of the loss, oops! :busted:

BB2W
01-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Troy Polamalu on playing the Bengals or the Patriots...

"It didn't make any difference to me who we play," Polamalu said. "We have unfinished business with both of them."

Motley Nate
01-02-2006, 03:15 PM
It's on boys. Who's going to be the contenders and who's going to be the pretenders. I expect one helluva game.

Soultribe101
01-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Steve Young said on ESPN's pre-game show this morning that the Bengals are "soft." On CBS's post-game show this afternoon after the Steelers game, both Boomer Esiason and Shannon Sharpe said the Bengals are in serious trouble playing the Steelers next week because Cincy's defense is crapola and the Steelers are on a roll! Woohoo! GO STEELERS!!! :bouncy:
There are down and hurting right now, I feel we will take this game. That is true you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Prosdo
01-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Troy Polamalu on playing the Bengals or the Patriots...

"It didn't make any difference to me who we play," Polamalu said. "We have unfinished business with both of them."

I couldn't agree with Troy more!

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Suprised Steelers are 2&1/2 point favorites - factoring in the standard 3 point home field betting advantage, that reflects a belief the Steelers are significantly better, an opinion I do not share. Also disappointed Bengals get the emotional edge of being home underdogs.

D needs to come out on fire Sunday, unlike yesterday and the start of both Bengals games.

Cautiously optimistic, for reasons including the fact that Belichek (no slouch on evaluating talent) clearly wanted to avoid the Steelers, as evidenced by allowing Flutie to perform the drop kick.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 03:32 PM
That I will agree with, it should be a helluva game, but I wouldn`t be surprised to see us win by double digits. Biased? A bit. But we are running on full momentum! As long as we can play descent defense we`ll be alright. Ben will need to protect the football, and play smart. Cinci defense does`nt scare any team!

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 03:33 PM
We are favored in Cinci? Wow

SteelCityMan786
01-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Comes as no surprise we are favorites in Cincy. The Writters know it's the Bengals Final Game This Year.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-02-2006, 04:16 PM

MEEEEEEEEE TOO!

Im in Titan land ... so you KNOW I got some serious grief from that game. Grrrrr!!

Prosdo
01-02-2006, 04:38 PM
MEEEEEEEEE TOO!

Im in Titan land ... so you KNOW I got some serious grief from that game. Grrrrr!!

Ouch! That's right. I can't even imagine.

24seven
01-02-2006, 08:02 PM
I believe it all ocmes down to Bens performance.. The D may give up some 3rd downs and some scores but if Ben can't capitalize on his passing game then there's no way we can keep up.. Ken W. needs to avoid the pass over run scenerio as well. We can't get away from the run even if we get stopped a few times.. It will open up.. We'll really be able to see if Bens truly matured by his performance in this game.. I believe he'll come to play and yes Troy P.. we deffinitley have unfinished business with the kitty kats..

CantStop85
01-02-2006, 08:14 PM
That I will agree with, it should be a helluva game, but I wouldn`t be surprised to see us win by double digits. Biased? A bit. But we are running on full momentum! As long as we can play descent defense we`ll be alright. Ben will need to protect the football, and play smart. Cinci defense does`nt scare any team!
I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win by double digits. I think the margin of victory will be 10+ but it could go either way. I expect that one team will come out and surprise the other and jump on top quickly.

In order for Cinci to win, they'll have to score first and stay on top of the steelers throughout the game. It will be hard for the defense to stop Pittsburgh if they get an early lead and start running the ball.

If I had to pick an x-factor for this game on the bengals side, I would have to go with Chris Perry, the bengals' back-up running back. He's been injured the last few games of the season but should be back full strength by sunday. He's been one of Carson's favorite targets with 51 receptions this season (that's more receptions than any steelers player besides hines ward) and he really brings a whole nother dimension to the offense with the outside run and screen plays. I expect him and TJ Houshmandzadeh to carry the offensive load sunday for the bengals.

Livinginthe past
01-02-2006, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win by double digits. I think the margin of victory will be 10+ but it could go either way. I expect that one team will come out and surprise the other and jump on top quickly.

In order for Cinci to win, they'll have to score first and stay on top of the steelers throughout the game. It will be hard for the defense to stop Pittsburgh if they get an early lead and start running the ball.

If I had to pick an x-factor for this game on the bengals side, I would have to go with Chris Perry, the bengals' back-up running back. He's been injured the last few games of the season but should be back full strength by sunday. He's been one of Carson's favorite targets with 51 receptions this season (that's more receptions than any steelers player besides hines ward) and he really brings a whole nother dimension to the offense with the outside run and screen plays. I expect him and TJ Houshmandzadeh to carry the offensive load sunday for the bengals.

Everyone knows that the Bengals have trouble stopping the run.

Do you think that the Bengals pass D would be capable of handling Big Ben if he had to go into pass only mode - say with a 13 point deficit?

The way I see it - the Bengals have the sort of Offense that can win as front runners or come back from a relatively large deficit - im not so sure the Steelers are built that way.

You could have some trouble getting the ball back if you cant shut down the Steeler running game though.

NM

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 08:24 PM
If we run well early, we will be in good shape. Keep the clock running, ball control. Steelers football! If not????????????????????????????????????

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 08:29 PM
I believe it all ocmes down to Bens performance.. The D may give up some 3rd downs and some scores but if Ben can't capitalize on his passing game then there's no way we can keep up.. Ken W. needs to avoid the pass over run scenerio as well. We can't get away from the run even if we get stopped a few times.. It will open up.. We'll really be able to see if Bens truly matured by his performance in this game.. I believe he'll come to play and yes Troy P.. we deffinitley have unfinished business with the kitty kats..
couldnt agree with you more. if the run doesnt work at frist, try try try again....somethin should break open, and if it doesnt the play action could still be useful. but i see willie having a field day against this bengal defense.

CantStop85
01-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Everyone knows that the Bengals have trouble stopping the run.

Do you think that the Bengals pass D would be capable of handling Big Ben if he had to go into pass only mode - say with a 13 point deficit?

The way I see it - the Bengals have the sort of Offense that can win as front runners or come back from a relatively large deficit - im not so sure the Steelers are built that way.

You could have some trouble getting the ball back if you cant shut down the Steeler running game though.

NM
Yeah, I think the Bengals pass D would be capable of handling Big Ben if he had to go into pass only mode with a large deficit. That's when throws start getting forced and ball-hawks such as Deltha O'Neal and Tory James start making interceptions.

I have no doubt that the Bengals offense could lead a comeback from a large deficit, but in order to do that, the defense would have to make stops and in turn stop the run. I just don't think we could consistently make those key defensive stops to stage a large-scale comeback.

Another key to the game for the Bengals will be turnovers...the steelers need to be careful with the ball...there's a reason why our team leads the league in turnover differential.

So basically for Cinci, it's get on top early or force turnovers.

Livinginthe past
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I think the Bengals pass D would be capable of handling Big Ben if he had to go into pass only mode with a large deficit. That's when throws start getting forced and ball-hawks such as Deltha O'Neal and Tory James start making interceptions.

I have no doubt that the Bengals offense could lead a comeback from a large deficit, but in order to do that, the defense would have to make stops and in turn stop the run. I just don't think we could consistently make those key defensive stops to stage a large-scale comeback.

Another key to the game for the Bengals will be turnovers...the steelers need to be careful with the ball...there's a reason why our team leads the league in turnover differential.

Cool - thanks for your thoughts 85 - its going to be a helluva match up between you guys - as a neutral I can just sit back and watch the fireworks.

NM

I.C. Lights
01-02-2006, 11:58 PM
I can't wait for this game - unfinished business, as Troy says... GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

SteelerFanInCA
01-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Man I'm really looking forward to this game. Is it Sunday yet?

fergusonat
01-03-2006, 01:46 PM
I think if the Steelers can keep up the momentum in their running game that they have accumulated in the past 4 games, they should be able to beat the Bengals pretty convincingly...I'm not so worried about the offensive side of the ball. Right now I'm sorta worried about the defense. We let the Lions take advantage of us on 3rd down wayyyy too easily, and even though we tightened up during the second half, it was still pretty disturbing to see them walk all over us on a few of those long 3rd down situations. I think the key for a Steeler win over the Bengals is run like hell, hold onto the ball, keep the passing at a minimum, and completely smother on defense. Let's go Steelers! Lets show the Bungals what the playoffs are all about!

:tt: :tt: :tt:

83-Steelers-43
01-03-2006, 01:57 PM
This is sort of off topic but this is the latest news coming out of Cincy............

Apparently there's an effort underway in Cincinnati to try to stop Steeler fans from buying up all the tickets from their local ticket brokers.

The local brokers are using caller ID to see if your call is coming from the 412 area code. So if you're looking for tickets, please ask a relative outside the 412 area code to get them for you. Either that, or go to Home Depot or Lowes, etc. and buy one of those cheap calling cards and call for tickets using the card. That usually goes through a 3rd party network and shows as an outside call from somewhere else in the country.

Sorry, you can't hold out the STEELER NATION, aint gonna happen!

See the following link on Bengals trying to keep Steeler fans out:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/02/bengals.html

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 02:13 PM
This is sort of off topic but this is the latest news coming out of Cincy............

Apparently there's an effort underway in Cincinnati to try to stop Steeler fans from buying up all the tickets from their local ticket brokers.

The local brokers are using caller ID to see if your call is coming from the 412 area code. So if you're looking for tickets, please ask a relative outside the 412 area code to get them for you. Either that, or go to Home Depot or Lowes, etc. and buy one of those cheap calling cards and call for tickets using the card. That usually goes through a 3rd party network and shows as an outside call from somewhere else in the country.

good heads up post! them lousy bastards!

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
I`m going into gameday mode early this week!

Prosdo
01-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Steeler Nation will always find a way to show up

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2006, 07:24 PM

And the effort to prevent scalpers from selling to Steelers fans is being spearheaded by who - the cops? :)

Sounds like one of those "playoff fever" local media stories that you get when the beloved hometown team has not been in the playoffs since Carson Palmer was in elementary school.

If ever there was an example of an amoral free market it is ticket scalping - a scalper will sell to a Steelers fan over the scalper's grandmother the lifetime Bengals fan unless Grandma is willing to pay more.

SteelerzGirl
01-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Steeler Nation will always find a way to show up

I agree, Prosdo, and if by some chance we don't have the best representation in their stadium, the Steelers will feed off their hostile territory! GO STEELERS!

fergusonat
01-04-2006, 11:49 AM
That's pretty sad that the Bungals have to do something as low as that!

Grey
01-04-2006, 11:56 AM

Not the point. Bettis never hung up a chart in his locker.

The team's still a little immature/young...it could definitely hurt us in the playoffs

Now that ..... is well said.

Here we go.
:tt:
Grey

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 12:11 PM
It's funny, I don't ever remember the Steelers having a problem keeping opponents fans out of their stadium...

SteelerFanInCA
01-04-2006, 05:25 PM

What a bunch of pussies. I hope we still manage to show up strong. Hey they need all the help they can get and if shunning away Steelers fans is there idea of help, so be it. That just means there will be alot more quiet people in the stadium. Talk about bull shit.

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Is there anyway to sue them for discremination?

clevestinks
01-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I like some of our Bengals friends here!
But now its Thursday, 72 Hours til kickoff! Now its time for the gameface!

Bengals are going down! We Will Win!

Prosdo
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
:tt: Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go! :tt:

Come on guys wave those terrible towels!

SteelCityMan786
01-05-2006, 05:13 PM
:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: You heard Prosdo. Wave Those Terrible Towels. And Prosdo. You Got A Points Paycheck coming.

CASTEEL
01-05-2006, 05:23 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
we need a big day from our defense

SteelerzGirl
01-05-2006, 09:27 PM
:tt: http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s29/smilies-1073.png :tt:

FisherMOM
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s29/smilies-1077.png

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2006, 11:39 PM
we need a big day from our defense

We need a big day from every single player that steps foot on that field.. ST, Offense, Defense, everybody brings their A game and we win this week ! :tt:

FisherMOM
01-06-2006, 08:18 AM
The anticipation of this game is incredible..... :willy:
And to think.. come Sunday,
we still have to wait until 4 pm. tick tock... tick tock...:snail:

Interceptor
01-06-2006, 08:40 AM

Bengals need to get a fast start and get out in front early with at least a two-score lead. I really don't have much faith in the defense with what they showed the last couple of games. If they can score fast and early, then it would take the Steelers away from their strength (running game) and force them into passing, our strong point in defense. If it's a close game, I think the Steelers have the correct offense to grind it out.

Steel - X
01-06-2006, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest]lmao! steelers doubting their playoff bid because of a loss to the bengals????

are you serious?

Old 12-05-2005, 04:02 PM #7
Steel - X
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 583
Steel - X is a jewel in the rough

Current Mood: [Lurking]

Default Re: Who Dey!
"Playoffs?! Don' talk about Playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?

Sorry Prosdo but the way the team has looked the past few weeks I am not sure we want to see the Steelers in the playoffs.

Great game BENGALS it truly was your QB is amazing!!

WOoooooooooooo toot toot stop the freaking train who let this guy steal my post? BRC I hold you responsible. 12-05-2005 where was I that day? Shit I have no clue I wouldnt even know how to find that post anymore. I believe he is talking about the first game we lost to the Bengals which well are defense didnt play very well but since then I think it has gotten a little better.

I am not one to say we are going to go in there in roll up the Bengals because I dont think we will but this game will be huge and exciting can not wait. Best of luck to all you Bengals fans.

shevdog
01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Someone at worked asked me what I how I thought the game was going to go. I told them it is either going to be a tight, defensive game or a shoot-out. One thing for sure, it is up in the air as to which it might me, at least in my eyes. One thing for sure is that with the Steelers on a solid roll, the Bengel's playoff inexperience, and the Steelers solid playoff experience, everything is in the Steeler's favor. 3 point favorites on the road in the playoffs is saying something.

I'm jumping the gun, yet the biggest game of the entire year will be on January 15 with the Steelers facing the Colts in Indy. Second time around will be better for the Steelers, with of course the press jumping on the wagon with the Colts. Colt have a similar offense to the Bengles, yet a much better defense. I'll stop jumping the gun, since the Steeler's win this Sunday over the Bungles is not history yet.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

BTW, way to go Penn State!!!

SteelerFanInCA
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
One player that is being over looked for this game is Marvel Smith. As you remember he did not play when we lost to the bungles the second time around. Having Marvel back should help the O-Line to play better and open up the run game for Willie and The Bus.

SteelerFanInATL
01-06-2006, 06:45 PM
I won't say there will be an upset, but the best team will win. This game will let the Bungals
know that no matter what there road to success still comes thru Pittsburgh.

FisherMOM
01-06-2006, 11:34 PM
The only reason I have Direct TV is to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch The Black & Gold!!!!!!!!

same goes for our household as well!!!!! Got too $$$ going out each weekend.
And that was about 8 years ago I think...

SteelerFanInATL
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
You know the deal Mom. Got to do what you got to do.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 01:58 PM
One player that is being over looked for this game is Marvel Smith. As you remember he did not play when we lost to the bungles the second time around. Having Marvel back should help the O-Line to play better and open up the run game for Willie and The Bus.

and dont forget about Dan Kreider.. our running game doesnt go without him either. This guy is the most important part of the team that not many outside of Steeler fans realize.

Justin Otstott
01-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I agree with ATL!!! Them cats got to get past us before going on to a next round!!!!

SteelerFanInATL
01-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Time for me to ride out SF. Have to go so I can get a good seat at the Sports Bar!
Chat @ U L8R.

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Great point! Rep points for you!

Hopefully Marvel is fully healthy. Essex did start improving!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Good make Cincinnati start at there own 10.

Suitanim
01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Bengals need to get a fast start and get out in front early with at least a two-score lead. I really don't have much faith in the defense with what they showed the last couple of games. If they can score fast and early, then it would take the Steelers away from their strength (running game) and force them into passing, our strong point in defense. If it's a close game, I think the Steelers have the correct offense to grind it out.
Ha! The bungholes DID jump out to a 2 score lead, and they did take us out of our run game...for about 10 minutes.

Then it all went South for the Bungals...