PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations from a Bengal fan...

Steelcitygal87
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I was on the Bengal message boards and ran across this post...and thought it was very well written and worth reading...

I would like to personally congradulate the Steelers organization and their fans for a great season, and great franchise overall. It is apparrent to me that your Front Office, Owner, and GM truly care about being successful and will do almost anything necessary to obtain success. That is something that as a Bengals fan, I wish I could say confidently that my team has as well. Unfortunately, that has been made clear that that is not the case.

I'm sure some Steeler fans will get on hear and celebrate their victory and may even over-do it a bit, but I'd like to set that all aside right now. Whether you are our rivals or not, whether we like each other or not, I can respect the way your organization is run and how blessed you as a fan base must be. No other franchise had ever won 6 Super Bowls until the Pittsburgh Steelers on this night.

Whether it be because of freak/amazing plays, determination, never giving up, or just sheer luck, you found a way to get it done and won the big game, which is something I am not sure the Bengals will ever be able to do.

I honestly used to hate the Steelers with a passion. I've always been one to root for the underdog, and the Steelers have always opposed that. They are contenders every season to take it all the way. I've seen posts on here recently about whether us Bengals fans are jealous of the Steelers and the organization and what not, and in a sense, I can agree with that. I now realize that as a Bengal fan, I need to accept that we will probably never even get close to as successful as the Steelers are. I can honestly say I do not hate them any more. Does that mean I will root for them? Of course not, but does it mean I will pout and be mad and insecure about the Steelers success? No, I don't think it means that either. I realize there is still much to be said from the Steeler fans, but I cannot say I blame them. I think with the success you have had, you deserve to celebrate 6 Super Bowl championships. I think any other teams fans would do the same thing.

I think this is something that you should celebrate, but not take for granted, as there are many teams that have never won it, and many teams that have never even been there. I wish with all my heart that some day the Bengals will make it back to the Super Bowl and win it, I just don't know how realistic of a possibility that is. For now, all I can do is marvel at the accomplishments of others and hope that some day the Bengals will be able to mirror the success of the Steelers to some degree and do the same. Until then, I send you my deepest congradulations, and hope to someday see the success in the Bengals that I see in the Steelers now.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow, now that's an honest heart felt post.

Congrats to that classy fan.

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 12:16 AM
nice post a classy bengals fan!:hatsoff:

Benzbrother
02-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Class act - I love seeing fans from one team genuinely being respectful towards another

Milkman
02-02-2009, 12:56 AM
I think I might be having a heart attack RIGHT NOW!
lol

Crushzilla
02-02-2009, 01:13 AM
As a delusional Pirates fan I can relate to their pain.

It's hard to stomach watching a championship and knowing YOUR FO doesn't really care about getting there.

X-Terminator
02-02-2009, 01:34 AM
I have to savor these rare moments of civility from any fan, much less a Bengals fan. Getting increasingly hard to find these days. Good find.

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 03:16 AM
I think I might be having a heart attack RIGHT NOW!
lol

LOL , Yeah that is what I almost did....as if the game didn't almost kill me lol. See, a true fan of the game of football UNDERSTANDS what the Steelers have accomplished and can appreciate it. You can hear the longing in his voice....how desperately he wants a championship for his own team, must have been difficult for him to write what he did. We have 6...he would settle for one....how truly blessed we are. :drink::tt03:

DJ919
02-02-2009, 04:16 AM
Very well put. Very Classy ... See this is what TRUE NFL Fans are all about. A lot of Fans need to take a lesson from this person.