PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what Faneca is thinking at this moment???

Milkman
02-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Just curious...:doh:

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2009, 11:51 PM

LOL!

He's counting the money he took to give up the chance to hold the trophy.

Polamalu43
02-01-2009, 11:52 PM
poor faneca.. oh well, that's what happens when you go after the big $$ rather then getting that ring..

El-Gonzo Jackson
He's thinking about how big his bank account is.

He got his ring and I'm happy for him. I'm more interested in what coach Whiz and Grimmy think now in their alleged statement game to the Rooneys.

I guess the Rooneys picked the right guy after all huh?

Milkman
Awesome sig btw Dino!
:drink:

fansince'76
02-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Don't care. He got what he wanted.

KeiselPower99
02-01-2009, 11:55 PM
I bet he was sitting in Louisiana with his wife thinking damn Im a rich man on my way to Hawaii on Tuesday. I do miss him though.

steelwall
02-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Don't care. He got what he wanted.

Me neither, and my guess is he doesn't care either.

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Ibet he is counting his $$, but also a bit sad too. I do miss him he was on the downside of his career IMHO but i just cant help to like him!:drink::tt03::tt03::tt03:

MACH1
02-02-2009, 12:02 AM

Who cares. He made his bed.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Who cares. He made his bed.

He's probably in bed and didn't watch the game...I mean...would you watch if you just left a team that went on to go to the Super Bowl?

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Ibet he is counting his $$, but also a bit sad too. I do miss him he was on the downside of his career IMHO but i just cant help to like him!:drink::tt03::tt03::tt03:

I liked him too, until his little whinefest and acting like the Rooneys were treating him like an indentured servant because they *gasp* - forced him to honor his contract! Piss on him.

BozMan
02-02-2009, 12:10 AM
I've wondered the same question. Same goes for Porter, Randle El, Hope, etc.

I do miss Faneca, though. If we had him, we probably score on at least one of those goal-to-go situations where we had to settle for a field goal.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Saw an interview with Larry Foote his dilemma is which finger he is going to have sized for his brand spanking new ring.

SIX TIME SB CHAMPS :tt02::tt02:

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 01:03 AM
I've wondered the same question. Same goes for Porter, Randle El, Hope, etc.

I do miss Faneca, though. If we had him, we probably score on at least one of those goal-to-go situations where we had to settle for a field goal.

im pretty sure those 3 were heavily rooting for the steelers... ARE was celebrating with the team after the afccg. they are all still good friends with a lot of guys on the team.

Preacher
02-02-2009, 01:07 AM
im pretty sure those 3 were heavily rooting for the steelers... ARE was celebrating with the team after the afccg. they are all still good friends with a lot of guys on the team.

Of all those, Porter is teh only one that I have sympathy for, since he didn't walk in free-agency.

SunshineMan21
02-02-2009, 01:09 AM
ARE left more or less because he had to--we didn't have the intention of paying him market price because he isn't really worth the money he makes. He didn't leave with quite the same ill will as Faneca.

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Of all those, Porter is teh only one that I have sympathy for, since he didn't walk in free-agency.

i agree.. but i cant argue with any of their decisions. you just won the super bowl and you get to walk into a huge pay day.. it doesnt get any better than that. burress, ARE, and porter were my 3 favorite players on the team.. so 3 straight years of losing one of my guys was tough.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 01:14 AM
i agree.. but i cant argue with any of their decisions. you just won the super bowl and you get to walk into a huge pay day.. it doesnt get any better than that. burress, ARE, and porter were my 3 favorite players on the team.. so 3 straight years of losing one of my guys was tough.

Burress did a nice little job of burning his bridges with his little crybaby pouting act in the locker room after the '04 AFCCG and by dissing the entire city of Pittsburgh as "racist" after he left. Good riddance to him too. Like Preacher said, the only one who really didn't have a choice was Porter. However, ARE would have been an absolute fool to pass up the giant contract Snyder threw at him after SB XL - no hard feelings toward him either. Faneca and Burress can go twist in the wind.

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 01:28 AM
burress lost me in the end too with his BS.. but up until that point he was my #1 favorite player on the team. oh well.. thats way in the past and we have a new crop of steelers heroes.

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 01:35 AM
El ,Oelhoffen and Hope were offered tons of cash after that season and wouldve been dumb to stick around for less. Porter I still love and respect. Faneca was one of my favorite Steelers until his selfish bs. I still respect what he did here but he effd it up by acting like a baby.

Milkman
02-02-2009, 06:48 AM
I liked Burress until we went to training camp the year before our SB XL win.

He was the ONLY Steelers who did not sign any autographs.

It made me sick because when he walked by back to the lockerrooms, he didn't even look up at the fans...and we were calling his name out like crazy. All the other Steelers at least looked up and smiled or signed.

Frankie3521
02-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Talk about him all you want, but I refuse to do that. The guy worked his ass off for years here to become one of the best in the league at what he does.

He was/is on the downside of his career and Pittsburgh simply wasn't going to hand him the kind of money somebody else was, I can't blame him for getting set for life, but you know he has some second thoughts seeing us get our sixth.

No hard feelings, Football is his job and he made the best economical choice for him and his family.

steelwall
02-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Talk about him all you want, but I refuse to do that. The guy worked his ass off for years here to become one of the best in the league at what he does.

He was/is on the downside of his career and Pittsburgh simply wasn't going to hand him the kind of money somebody else was, I can't blame him for getting set for life, but you know he has some second thoughts seeing us get our sixth.

No hard feelings, Football is his job and he made the best economical choice for him and his family.

They say you can never fault a man for leaving one job, for a higher paying job. BUT, there have been others to stick around for that last title... or for pride........shot.........ahemmmm...Bettis.....Fan eca wanted the money, fine..... but is money everything....??? I don't know, but the simple fact is he chose to play for a blatently inferior team.... just for the extra cash.... I appreciate what he did...but I don't like him..

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I also think Fanecas problem was his guy Grimm didnt get the job. I do have to wonder though if Grimm was the coach would we have tried to resign Faneca anyway?

KeiselPower99
02-10-2009, 09:01 AM
I saw this on the Jets website thought it was interesting.
Another disappointment this post-season for the Jets' left guard is one of those classic switches, going from one team to another, only to see his old team (Pittsburgh) win the Super Bowl while his new one misses the playoffs. At least Faneca did win a Super Bowl with the Steelers three years before.

"It's tough, but you're excited for those guys," he said. "And I knew so many guys on both sides of the ball there, the coaching staff and guys that played in Arizona. I knew a lot of guys on that field."

In fact, Cards coach Ken Whisenhunt and O-line coach Russ Grimm were Faneca's OC and O-line coach respectively with the Steelers. But still, he said, the decision of whom to root for last Sunday wasn't too hard.

"I was kind of caught between," Faneca said. "But once they started playing, I was pulling for Pittsburgh."

CargoJon
02-10-2009, 09:16 AM
I laugh every day at the idea of Plexico shooting himself in the leg like an idiot and the fact that it happened to another team and not us.
I also laugh at Daniel Snyder having to sign ARE's paycheck every week. I love El but DS way overpaid for him.

revefsreleets
02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
If guy leaves a stable company that he knows will do well in the future to pursue a job that PAYS more at a far less stable company, and that company goes under leaving him unemployed, do you feel sorry for the guy?

I don't. He knew what he was getting when he left. He traded winning for $$$.

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 10:46 AM
I liked Burress until we went to training camp the year before our SB XL win.

He was the ONLY Steelers who did not sign any autographs.

It made me sick because when he walked by back to the lockerrooms, he didn't even look up at the fans...and we were calling his name out like crazy. All the other Steelers at least looked up and smiled or signed.

That's because "Steelers fans are racists." :rolleyes:

Good riddance (still), jackass. :coffee:

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
If guy leaves a stable company that he knows will do well in the future to pursue a job that PAYS more at a far less stable company, and that company goes under leaving him unemployed, do you feel sorry for the guy?

:drink:

drizze99
02-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I liked him too, until his little whinefest and acting like the Rooneys were treating him like an indentured servant because they *gasp* - forced him to honor his contract! Piss on him.

Exactly....

atlsteelers
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM

i agree with ya. Also if the jetts find themselves way over the salary cap in a year or two and have to cut faneca - i would not feel bad for him then either

steelreserve
02-10-2009, 12:42 PM
"$$$ ... $$$$$ ..... $$$$$ ..... $$$"

steelreserve
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM

Yeah, god forbid he should have to play football for only $6 million a year, or whatever the hell he was making.

Morgan
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I was thinking about Faneca this morning listening to sports radio. I think that if he'd have stayed, this ring would have locked him in as an OL into the HOF. But now he'll probably slide into obscurity. If he'd have sucked it up and stuck n Pittsburgh, 20 years from now people would be wearing Faneca jersies and talking about his pancakes. He wouldn't be able to get his wallet open fast enough to buy a drink in Pittsburgh for the rest of his life. But hey, we all have priorities.

lilyoder6
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
the mindset of players in this league is to make as many memories as u can and make as much cash as u can b/c u don't know how long u can play

NEPAsteeler
02-10-2009, 09:04 PM
He got his money. That's all he cares about.

Morgan
02-11-2009, 05:14 AM
the mindset of players in this league is to make as many memories as u can and make as much cash as u can b/c u don't know how long u can play

I agree that's true for a lot of players but some can see the monetary value in having a certain legacy that one doesn't get by jumping team to team.

stlrtruck
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
He's thinking, "Damn for a few million less, I could have been a two time Super Bowl Champ!"