PDA

View Full Version : Dear Cardinals fans: I implore you, don't be like Seahawks fans

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 12:28 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dear-Cardinals-fans-I-implore-you-don-t-be-lik?urn=nfl,138150

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:07 am EST

Dear Cardinals fans: I implore you, don't be like Seahawks fans
By MJD
If you're a Cardinals fan, maybe it's best if you don't read this right now. You're still emotional. You're still hurting. Take the night and maybe tomorrow, and give yourself time to suffer sufficiently. Then come back. When you're ready, there's something I'd like to say to you.

Please don't be bitter about this loss. Please don't blame the officials for it. Please don't needlessly fill your heart with hate that will still be manifesting itself in embarrassing ways years later. You're better than that.

I'm not saying there weren't some goofy calls in this game. There were, and some of those goofy calls went against the Cardinals. Not all of them, though. There's no way I'm going to get into every single call, but the Cardinals were also the beneficiaries of a couple. Just off the top of my head, the safety was called on an extremely chintzy holding call, and James Harrison was held way more often than people were called for holding James Harrison.

And the Kurt Warner fumble call that wasn't reviewed at the end? Come on, do you really think that turned the game? If the officials do review it and it does go the Cardinals' way (which might not have happened), it buys them 15 seconds and a couple of shots at the end zone. That's somehow a guarantee of a win? That somehow means you were robbed?

Sometimes, a loss is just a loss.

In the wake of Super Bowl XL, there was a certain segment of Seahawks fans that redefined what it means to be a whiny fanbase. The crying, moaning and bellyaching that went on after that game was unprecedented. One of the loudest and most spirited fanbases in the league, and a normally rational and sane group of people, suddenly morphed into a giant, mindless tribe that was like a hybrid of high school girls who lost the vote for prom queen and the 9/11 truthers. Conspiracy theories and self pity-parties were out of control. It was sad, really.

Don't be like that. For your own good, don't be like that. Not only will you embarrass yourselves and make everyone hate you, but if you honestly look into your heart and ask yourself, "Can I say that we honestly and absolutely deserved to win this game?", I think you'll find that the answer is no.

Congratulate yourselves on a fantastic season, know that you shut up anyone who didn't think you belonged in the game, and get used to being one of the NFL's better franchises. You could be back, very very soon.

Wow i about feel out of my chair!!

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2009, 12:36 AM
too late....they've already taken the low road.....:coffee:

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:42 AM
In the wake of Super Bowl XL, there was a certain segment of Seahawks fans that redefined what it means to be a whiny fanbase. The crying, moaning and bellyaching that went on after that game was unprecedented. One of the loudest and most spirited fanbases in the league, and a normally rational and sane group of people, suddenly morphed into a giant, mindless tribe that was like a hybrid of high school girls who lost the vote for prom queen and the 9/11 truthers. Conspiracy theories and self pity-parties were out of control. It was sad, really.

WAS? They're still pissing and moaning about it. :coffee:

MACH1
02-02-2009, 12:43 AM
The fumble was also reviewed and found that it was just that, a fumble.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:47 AM
The fumble was also reviewed and found that it was just that, a fumble.

No shit. They DID review it - not every booth review takes 20 goddamn minutes.

Crushzilla
02-02-2009, 12:51 AM

And somebody from the NFL will re-explain that to those bitter Cards fans in the next 48 hours.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:54 AM
And somebody from the NFL will re-explain that to those bitter Cards fans in the next 48 hours.

Didn't matter 3 years ago and it won't matter in 48 hours. People who have their minds made up that their team was "robbed" aren't going to change them. Especially when asshats in the media validate their beliefs.

BrandonCarr39
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
The Cards and their fans should have alot to be proud of-Whisenhunt really changed the culture and morale of that franchise, and they're going to be very good for years to come.

Sure-they came up short, and they may never win a Super Bowl for quite some time, but the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that the culture is changed in the desert.

I mean, really-when was the last time a coach busted their tails in practice when they were going through a slump? Coaches prior to Whiz wouldn't have done 2 ***** and would have stuck their heads in the sand, and wouldn't even have made this nearly this far.

BrandonCarr39
02-02-2009, 01:10 AM
Didn't matter 3 years ago and it won't matter in 48 hours. People who have their minds made up that their team was "robbed" aren't going to change them. Especially when asshats in the media validate their beliefs.

FWIW-the Hawks nabbed the NFC's #1 seed that year b/c they got a TON of lucky breaks. When we played them in Oct of that year, they beat us b/c our sorry kicker missed a chip shot, and when one of their DBs held Jason Witten in the endzone, one of the refs picked up the flag and ruled how that DB slipped(in the rain) which made him fall on Witten.(this was the play that lead to the missed chipshot) And then Bledsoe did his usual choke-job at the very end. They also got lucky against the Giants later that year when their kicker missed 3 chances to win it for them at the end. Otherwise, the Giants were beating them up a good one.

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 01:44 AM
The Cards played their asses off and should be very proud. Hell they was 2 minutes away from being world champs.

HometownGal
02-02-2009, 06:26 AM
The Cards played their asses off and should be very proud. Hell they was 2 minutes away from being world champs.

Exactly. Either team could have won that game but the Steelers pulled it off and held on in the waning seconds. No reason for Cards fans to take the low road.

steelerbackr4life
02-02-2009, 07:35 AM
All Iknow is I get to go to another Parade!

stillers4me
02-02-2009, 08:20 AM
WAS? They're still pissing and moaning about it. :coffee:

As a matter of fact, Holgren was at it again last night. :mad:

T&B fan
02-02-2009, 08:47 AM

yes he was the :poop: and you could see he was looking for it in the pregame talk .. its over Holgren . get a job ...

SteelersMongol
02-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Wow, if it' true, somebody needs to kick that old unemployed fool in the private area. :mad:

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 10:36 AM
It's funny, because I care even LESS what the Cards few fans think than I did what the Squaks fans were bitching about.

We won. They lost. We're champions. They're not. What more is there really to say?

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
The Whiny-Assed Crybaby's Primer to NFL Officiating

1. Any and every call and no-call which benefits any and every opponent of the Steelers is always 100% correct and fair.

2. Any and every call and no-call which benefits the Steelers in any way, shape or form, is always the result of paid-off refs and unfair favoritism by the NFL and the Steelers-loving media.

:coffee:

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 10:44 AM
The refs were pretty balancedin their calls last night I thought: They sucked both ways.

Edman
02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
All complaining will do is put a damper on a great comeback effort and a great game played by the Cardinals. There is no reason for them whatsoever to be bitter or ashamed.

BrandonCarr39
02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
The refs were pretty balancedin their calls last night I thought: They sucked both ways.

To be frank-the refs become scapegoats b/c we don't want to admit our (numerous)screw ups in the game.

Sure-I've seen them make some bad calls, but they're just as human as coaches making bad playcalls, QBs missing open receivers, RBs fumbling, WRs dropping passes, OL missing blocks, LBs missing tackles, DBs blowing coverages, etc.

GBMelBlount
02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
If you allow a competition to be close enough for the outcome to be decided by referees, it's your own fault. That's just a fact of sports.

Godfather
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
The Whiny-Assed Crybaby's Primer to NFL Officiating

1. Any and every call and no-call which benefits any and every opponent of the Steelers is always 100% correct and fair.

2. Any and every call and no-call which benefits the Steelers in any way, shape or form, is always the result of paid-off refs and unfair favoritism by the NFL and the Steelers-loving media.

:coffee:

We get hosed by the zebras just as much as anyone else. Difference is we overcome the bad calls so nobody remembers. That's what winners do. Losers whine and cherry-pick questionable calls, and in some cases they pretend the right call was a bad call. (Example: idiots saying Ben should have been called for intentional grounding on the late hit play, even though they showed the tackle box on the Telestrator).

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 11:09 AM
The good thing about winning six lombardies...is that while those fans new to the Suber Bowl experience, may not act with maturity....we have become experts on dealing with whiners and conspiracy theorists.

:troll:
:stupid:

BrandonCarr39
02-02-2009, 11:09 AM
If you allow a competition to be close enough for the outcome to be decided by referees, it's your own fault. That's just a fact of sports.

Even Bill Parcells once said that if you play alot of close games, you'll be lucky to win 1/2 of them.

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Good teams overcome poor officiating. See:

Steelers/Colts 2005 AFCCG
Steelers/Chargers regular season 2005
Steelers/Chargers regular season 2008

HAD the refs been biased against the Cards (and they clearly were not, otherwise it would have been something ridiculous like 13 penalties to 2 ala the Steelers/Chargers game earlier this season), it would STILL not be a legit excuse.

Repeat: Blaming the refs is NOT a legitimate excuse.

Petesburgh66
02-02-2009, 08:18 PM

Thank you. Quote of the year.

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Seahawks still fans still complain about Superbowl XL. When will they learn to STFU!