PDA

View Full Version : Ben R. Hall of Fame bound?

Preacher
02-02-2009, 01:22 AM
I was listening to the radio tonight.

One of the announcers were saying that tonights game puts Ben in the HOF if he has an average career from here on out.

I gotta say NO WAY.

I agree with another statement that this game put him ON TRACK for the HOF. But he has to produce for quite a few more years before he should be considered a HOF candidate.

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 01:25 AM
its too early to talk about that imo.. what people should be talking about is sending hines to the HOF with 2 rings now.. i know he wasnt a huge factor in this game being injured, but he is a 2x champ and SB MVP.. and of course he owns all the steelers receiving records and is the best blocking receiver of all-time.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 01:31 AM
No way - he's nothing more than the product of a great D and a great running game. That was proven again in this game. :rolleyes:

Preacher
02-02-2009, 01:35 AM
No way - he's nothing more than the product of a great D and a great running game. That was proven again in this game. :rolleyes:

:buttkick: :chuckle:

Steelerfreak58
02-02-2009, 01:41 AM
Without him we don't get this SB win we may not even get in to the playoffs. He leads the team and is clutch when it comes down to the wire. Those last two minutes will be highlights for the rest of football history.

He has plenty of time to build on his already enormous and growing list of accomplishments. If he stays healthy and plays well he will be a candidate for the HoF.

Vincent
02-02-2009, 05:47 AM
If one can rationalize Gale Sayers being in the Hall after his short career, and I do, the very same argument can be made for Ben. At his position, he is the best to have played his first 5 years. If his career ended today, he belongs in the hall. We all know the statistics - no need to rehash.

JustaFan
02-02-2009, 05:52 AM
He very well may end up in the hall, but lets not rush him off there right now. Let's hope we get to enjoy him for at least 10 more years. Then we'll talk HOF.

CaliStillersFan
02-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Ben's a lock for the hall as long as he finishes his career. They just need to keep him off the bike after this Super Bowl win. :)

markymarc
02-02-2009, 07:21 AM
While this could be a great debate right now, IMO he is definitely on his way and has not hurt his chances after the performance last night.

xlchamps
02-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Well put it this way all 9 qbs that have won multi superbowls was inductive into the HOF, and Big Ben was the 10th qb to win multi superbowls, so i think hes a diff. future HOF.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Win the 3rd and take away any questions. Right now, although I do agree, we don't win either of the 2 without him, but I don't think he is quite there yet.
Granted the guy has stats that lead all QB in the first 5 years, but 5 years does not make a career. Go back to back and punch that ticket, lol

SteelCityMom
02-02-2009, 08:08 AM
I was listening to the radio tonight.

One of the announcers were saying that tonights game puts Ben in the HOF if he has an average career from here on out.

I gotta say NO WAY.

I agree with another statement that this game put him ON TRACK for the HOF. But he has to produce for quite a few more years before he should be considered a HOF candidate.

Yes, I agree that he has to produce for at least another 4 or 5 years, but as long as the Steelers have good seasons and make a few more playoff appearances and win a few playoff games, he's a lock for sure. He wouldn't even have to win any more Superbowls to be considered a contender (though a couple more rings couldn't hurt at all).

wvsportsman
02-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Without him we don't get this SB win we may not even get in to the playoffs. He leads the team and is clutch when it comes down to the wire. Those last two minutes will be highlights for the rest of football history.

He has plenty of time to build on his already enormous and growing list of accomplishments. If he stays healthy and plays well he will be a candidate for the HoF.

Well said!! I agree.

Vis
02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Well put it this way all 9 qbs that have won multi superbowls was inductive into the HOF, and Big Ben was the 10th qb to win multi superbowls, so i think hes a diff. future HOF.

I knew Brady was already enshrined. Cheater.

Crushzilla
02-02-2009, 08:17 AM

All except three, but one is for sure going.

Jim Plunkett and Tom Brady are the other two that haven't been inducted.

Except for Brady, however, no one has ever done it sooner in their career.

I'm not entirely sure if it's as much of a sure-fire stat as it seems to be.

All I know is that he is ours for a VERY long time.

THANK YOU for the contract Rooneys! :tt:

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 08:17 AM
that super bowl drive will go a long way in getting him there.

Cordlisberger
02-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I will Say he is a lock because he is a 2 time superbowl winning QB and the 2 best record in playoff history 2nd to Tom Brady* he of must finish his career but you will see him in the HOF

MDSteel15
02-02-2009, 09:21 AM
He's in if freaking Joe Namath and Doug Williams are in! Look at there records and compare..... That is also my debate for Warner for being in.

T.Richardson
02-02-2009, 09:31 AM
IF Ben wins another Superbowl, and gets Superbowl MVP, then he is a lock. He has to be consistent throughout his career. He is on his way, but he isnt in yet.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I agree with Preacher. Ben needs to have a reasonably long career and be productive thru it all........no way he is a lock for the Hall at this point.

Jim Plunkett and Ken Stabler both have 2 super bowl wins.......Ben will have a shot at a couple more.

Stlrs4Life
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Way too early to tell.