PDA

View Full Version : We Got Our 6th...Think We Have A 7th Coming?

DJ919
02-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Like the rest of you I'm still in awe at the fact that we are now SIX Times Super Bowl Champs. Number 1 BABY!!! Now, the 3 way tie for 5 is now a 2 way tie for second.
We have to see what's going down during the off season, but even with that, I think we have a REAL strong shot at getting that 7th Ring. Six is a hook to the nose...Seven would be that hay-maker to the Gut! ... Knock em clean out with a nice cushion lead in SB titles. Do it while we have the muscle. Hey, why kick em, when we can Stomp em? But for now, 6 will DAMN sure do!!! :tt02::helmet::tt02: ...

T Bradshaw
02-02-2009, 03:29 AM
1st to win 3
1st to win 4

1st to win 6
1st to win 7

makes sense

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 03:36 AM
what the hell do we call it? we had one for the thumb.. one for the other thumb.. now what?

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2009, 03:36 AM
only if they can resign starks, and kemoatu.....:toofunny:

DJ919
02-02-2009, 03:38 AM
1st to win 3
1st to win 4

1st to win 6
1st to win 7

makes sense

sure does make sense ... The "1st to win" pattern is there.

DJ919
02-02-2009, 03:40 AM
what the hell do we call it? we had one for the thumb.. one for the other thumb.. now what?

"One on the Point" :wink02:

Rotorhead
02-02-2009, 04:38 AM
Well our team is good and young, we have WR covered for the future, DB's covered, Safety covered (I think we should move Townsend to Safety), obviously LB's covered, Dline we will need someone for A Smith soon, Big Snack soon after that. RB covered, QB covered. I think we only need to get/keep a good backup QB and upgrade more on the Oline this off season!

Vincent
02-02-2009, 05:36 AM
1st to win 3
1st to win 4

1st to win 6
1st to win 7

makes sense

Symmetry.

roethlisbergerUK
02-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Looking at next seasons schedule i,m more confident of winning a seventh ring than i was this season winning a sixth !!!!

To win the SB with the toughest ever schedule shows how tough this team is,I can,t wait for next season!!!! Can,t we start it now??????

siss
02-02-2009, 06:16 AM
6+1=steel city half dozen

Frankie3521
02-02-2009, 06:55 AM
LETS DO IT, HERE WE GO!!!

HometownGal
02-02-2009, 06:57 AM
I think it's way to early to even talk about winning that 7th Lombardi next season.

I'm going to savor this win for a long, LONG time and see what happens in the draft and FA before I even go there.

Tankus_Maximus
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Just think, Ben orchestrated that drive with a patch-work o-line (at best), what's gonna happen once the FO puts some quality linemen on that O-Line and gives Ben more than 2 seconds before he's running for his life........#7 for our #7 is on the way!!

shevdog
02-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes, we will be the first to 7. As for when... I am going to celebrate, then think about all this after the cloud of emotion gets to somewhat a manageable level.

CPanther95
02-02-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm certainly happy with our AFC WEST/NFC NORTH schedule next year. And the 2 West coast teams (San Diego and Oakland) are both at home.

Plus with our 2 extra AFC games - Miami is the away game - Tennessee is at home.

CargoJon
02-02-2009, 10:06 AM
I just want to get as many or more than the Patriots so we are called the team of the decade rather than them.....

stillers4me
02-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I hope Tomlin gets real tired of hearing that it's impossible to repeat a Superbowl win 2 years in a row. He don't believe in in no stinkin' hocus pocus. :tt03:

CPanther95
02-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Next year is the final year, so we can only tie the Pats for wins this decade. We can be 3-0 compared to their 3-1.

I'd rather duplicate our 4 SB in 6 years. That still hasn't been matched, and we would have done it twice. Plus it would mean that we'd be the first with a threepeat.

scsteeler
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I just want to get as many or more than the Patriots so we are called the team of the decade rather than them.....
Not sure about what you mean but we have 6 and New England has 3.

Big Ben said when he was drafted that the Steelers 4 Super Bowl trophies looked good but will be better with 4 more to balance them out. He has 2 and needs to get 2 more.

CPanther95
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I hope Tomlin gets real tired of hearing that it's impossible to repeat a Superbowl win 2 years in a row. He don't believe in in no stinkin' hocus pocus. :tt03:

Tell that to the Packers, Dolphins, Steelers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, Broncos and Patriots. :flap:

CargoJon
02-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Not sure about what you mean but we have 6 and New England has 3.

Big Ben said when he was drafted that the Steelers 4 Super Bowl trophies looked good but will be better with 4 more to balance them out. He has 2 and needs to get 2 more.

Team of the decade = 2000-2009

They have three, we have 2. We'd have to repeat next year.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
We still havent established our running game and we won the superbowl!!!!!!

Most people don't even realize that!

This season was planned to be a smash mouth offense with Mendy and Willie. Now next season we finally get to use Mendenhall!

Get a couple draft picks to patch up our O-line. Move tony hills up, and lawrence timmons up as a starter , we have a chance to be great!!

:tt::tt03::drink:

STEEL-MAN
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Seven SB wins is whats for dinner but lets enjoy lunch for now!:tt02:

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Yes, we do. However, we will have to see.

This year is as poetic as our XL win. Remember at the beginning of the season when everyone was worried how tough our schedule was? We earned this one. Because of that, we know we can next year.

stillers4me
02-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Tell that to the Packers, Dolphins, Steelers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, Broncos and Patriots. :flap:

They don't have Mike Tomlin for their HC. He's broken the myths all year.

SC Steeler Steve
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Like the rest of you I'm still in awe at the fact that we are now SIX Times Super Bowl Champs. Number 1 BABY!!! Now, the 3 way tie for 5 is now a 2 way tie for second.
We have to see what's going down during the off season, but even with that, I think we have a REAL strong shot at getting that 7th Ring. Six is a hook to the nose...Seven would be that hay-maker to the Gut! ... Knock em clean out with a nice cushion lead in SB titles. Do it while we have the muscle. Hey, why kick em, when we can Stomp em? But for now, 6 will DAMN sure do!!! :tt02::helmet::tt02: ...

Oh we will have 7 within the next 3 years. I predict Big Ben will at least tie Bradshaw before he retires, he is that good.

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
As much as I want that 7th title number 6 is way too sweet not to savor.

Dodt
02-02-2009, 11:10 AM
i ' ll think about ring number 7 ,depending on how the steelers are doing in november.

CLINZ
02-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Ben is the man. He should have been MVP last night but having that sixth championship is the most important thing. Hey do you guys smell that. it smells like REPEAT!!!

steelreserve
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah, we've got a 7th coming, as sure as Pacman Jones has a DUI coming.

markymarc
02-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Right now I just want to enjoy our six pack. I want to see how this off season goes before talking about the 7th one. Let's see how Colbert and Tomlin do in the off season for fixing the OL and addressing other needs. Our schedule says easy, but we will have the bulls eye on our back all season. It will also be interesting to see if any coaching changes take place.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Alot will depend on FA and the draft...

We may see:

QB Charlie Batch UFA............resigned at basement price
QB Byron Leftwich UFA..........GONE to team looking for QB Vet leadership
TE Sean McHugh RFA............resigned
WR Nate Washington UFA....will test the market, probably gone
G Chris Kemoeatu UFA.........GONE to team that will overpay him based on SB win.
T Willie Colon RFA...................resigned, moved to guard (please)
T Trai Essex UFA......................GONE or resigned for depth at low price
T Max Starks UFA......................resigned (sorry)... LT next year with Hills at RT
T Marvel Smith UFA..................GONE, Noone can miss 22 games in 4 years and be retained
DE Orpheus Roye UFA............may be resigned at minimum, for depth
LB Keyaron Fox UFA.................PLEASE resign Fox..great ST player!!!
LB Andre Frazier UFA...............GONE, backup doesnt have potential of Timmons or Fox...Humpal also should make the team
LB Arnold Harrison RFA..........Gone, see notes on Frazier
CB Fernando Bryant UFA........Gone
CB Anthony Madison RFA.......Gone
CB Bryant McFadden UFA.......Resigned
S Anthony Smith RFA...............Gone
P Mitch Berger UFA..................Gone

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Gonna be hard - we are gonna have a HUGE bull's eye on our backs next season as defending champs.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Alot will depend on FA and the draft...

We may see:

QB Charlie Batch UFA............resigned at basement price
QB Byron Leftwich UFA..........GONE to team looking for QB Vet leadership
TE Sean McHugh RFA............resigned
WR Nate Washington UFA....will test the market, probably gone
G Chris Kemoeatu UFA.........GONE to team that will overpay him based on SB win.
T Willie Colon RFA...................resigned, moved to guard (please)
T Trai Essex UFA......................GONE or resigned for depth at low price
T Max Starks UFA......................resigned (sorry)... LT next year with Hills at RT
T Marvel Smith UFA..................GONE, Noone can miss 22 games in 4 years and be retained
DE Orpheus Roye UFA............may be resigned at minimum, for depth
LB Keyaron Fox UFA.................PLEASE resign Fox..great ST player!!!
LB Andre Frazier UFA...............GONE, backup doesnt have potential of Timmons or Fox...Humpal also should make the team
LB Arnold Harrison RFA..........Gone, see notes on Frazier
CB Fernando Bryant UFA........Gone
CB Anthony Madison RFA.......Gone
CB Bryant McFadden UFA.......Resigned
S Anthony Smith RFA...............Gone
P Mitch Berger UFA..................Gone

You missed your calling, LLT - you really need to get a FO gig with the Steelers! :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Gonna be hard - we are gonna have a HUGE bull's eye on our backs next season as defending champs.

We are the Steelers...we always have a Bulls Eye on us in ever game.

:tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
From a 6 Pack to 7th Heaven...yeah...I'm all about 7...

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 01:18 PM
We are the Steelers...we always have a Bulls Eye on us in ever game.

:tt02:

It will help immensely if the franchise QB gets through the offseason without taking a header into a car windshield and having a HC that isn't suffering from burnout and has his head elsewhere.

Godfather
02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Team of the decade = 2000-2009

They have three, we have 2. We'd have to repeat next year.

Nah. 2 > 3*

I like our chances next year. I don't see any part of the team getting worse, and the running game and special teams will improve just from everyone being healthy. And we'll have an easier schedule next year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
You missed your calling, LLT - you really need to get a FO gig with the Steelers! :thumbsup:

Naw...they wouldnt let me play on the internet during work hours.:chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Next year...SWEED rises!

And we get Mendenhall Healthy...

And our Stellar Draft picks...whoever they are this year cause I have faith Tomlin will be awesome again with his picks...

To win it again, we must improve, staying the same wont get it done. Always Always improve.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Next year...SWEED rises!

SWEEEEEEEEEED! :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Im just gonna sit back ,,|,, O.o ,,|,, the haters around me and savor sweet victory for a week or 2 before i think about anything like #7 or FA!:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

4xSBChamps
02-02-2009, 03:09 PM
..... we can only tie the Pats for wins this decade. We can be 3-0 compared to their 3-1 * .

.... corrected for factual-content, for future generations.

SteelCityMan786
02-02-2009, 03:57 PM

Seven Heaven.