PDA

View Full Version : obama nut hugging

Vincent
02-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Apologies if this was addressed elsewhere.

WTF does bho have to do with this victory? In my wildest imagination I can't fathom why Dan had to thank obama for anything.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and free to express it. The issue is relevance here. I don't see it.

HometownGal
02-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Apologies if this was addressed elsewhere.

WTF does bho have to do with this victory? In my wildest imagination I can't fathom why Dan had to thank obama for anything.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and free to express it. The issue is relevance here. I don't see it.

While I was a little shocked myself to hear Mr. Rooney thanking Obama, really - it's no big deal. I can thank Mr. Obama for publicly stating that he would be pulling for the Steelers in last night's game, but beyond that, I don't see why he was mentioned.

Michael Keller
02-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Oh well some people thank God and I think thats great but some people think Oboma is the savior and perhaps Dan thnks so.

stillers4me
02-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Not even the Obama lovefest can spoil my enjoyment watching the Steelers hoist that trophy!

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 09:29 AM
It was not needed.

atlsteelers
02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
i thought it was great than dan gave some props to obama.

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
change....

embrace it.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
change....

embrace it.

lol...change! LMFAO, do we really need to go into this? Adopting a vast majority of Bush's failed policies. Now that's change!

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Although I didn't vote for Obama, I really don't have a problem with what Mr. Rooney said. It's his forum for that time, so I respect it. :cool:

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Although I didn't vote for Obama, I really don't have a problem with what Mr. Rooney said. It's his forum for that time, so I respect it. :cool:

I agree - I voted for "the other guy" as well, but I respect Dan too much to nitpick over what he said.

Preacher
02-02-2009, 05:42 PM
I agree - I voted for "the other guy" as well, but I respect Dan too much to nitpick over what he said.

Yep...

and also, I am sure Rooney sees what Obama has done as part in parcel to what Rooney has tried to do with minorities in the NFL. I understand the connection, though I personally don't think there was a need for it.

So take it for what it was. A nice shout out from an old man across cultural boundaries to a president.

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 05:56 PM
lol...change! LMFAO, do we really need to go into this? Adopting a vast majority of Bush's failed policies. Now that's change!
i understand your hatred of mr. rooneys comments upon accepting his 6th lombardi trophy. :thumbsup:

Mewtwo
02-03-2009, 08:54 AM
...I can think of another reason, though it's a rather unlikely one that it would be Rooney involved.

Some of the gambling websites out there will let you bet on just about ANYTHING during the Super Bowl -- who will make the first touchdown, the opening coin toss...who the MVP/etc. will thank at the end of the game.

Seriously, I saw this bet on Bodog for last year's Super Bowl. The big favorite was that the winning team was going to thank God, with the next under that being they were going to thank their teammates.

Step 1: Place the maximum allowable bet on a longshot for the "who to thank" bet. Possibly do so from multiple accounts as to override the maximum that is enforced on such prop bets.
Step 2: Have a friend in high places tell Steeler players/people involved with the Steelers to thank that person when they win.
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: PROFIT!

Preacher
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
i understand your hatred of mr. rooneys comments upon accepting his 6th lombardi trophy. :thumbsup:

Well, having a president that rooted for the Steelers. . . Well, there is a change I can beleive in, seems like the only change too!! :wink02:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-03-2009, 01:38 PM

Just as I suspected, dodge the issue. Remind you of someone?

tony hipchest
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Just as I suspected, dodge the issue. Remind you of someone?there is no issue to dodge. infact its a giant non- issue. :noidea:

It's the president calling

Tomlin couldn't quite hear PresidentBarack Obama on the telephone after the game, but would they get a chance to talk before the Steelers make the ceremonial Rose Garden visit?

"I don't know whether or not I'll get a redo," Tomlin said. "Based on what I hear, he's a busy guy.

"Just very surreal, a very humbling experience to be a part of that," Tomlin added of the conversation between the first African-American president and the second African-American coach to win a Super Bowl, two years after Tomlin's mentor and former boss Tony Dungy of Indianapolis. "It's what you dream about. It's amazing not only as a coach, but just as a citizen. It was great ...

"I heard very little, very little of what he said. I let him know that. I said, 'Mr. President, I can't hear what you are saying, I appreciate your call, I appreciate your congratulations,' and I handed the phone back to Mr. [Dan] Rooney."

:tt: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09034/946481-66.stm :tt:

SteelersinCA
02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey if Dan wants to thank Obama, as long as the Lombardi's keep rolling in he can thank Barney and the tooth fairy too!

steelwall
02-04-2009, 04:37 AM
However unneccesary it might have been, I don't have a problem with it. Football has become "America's" game. Obama is our president, glad to see he enjoy's the game, and rooted for the Steelers instead of copping out and not choosing sides.

pitbrg1
02-04-2009, 08:42 AM
i thought it was great than dan gave some props to obama.

WHY?