PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't trade Ben for ANY QB

Frankie3521
02-02-2009, 08:04 AM
That's right. Not a single QB in the WORLD would I trade Big Ben for. The guy just flat out wins the game, the team has put him in some terrible positions, and despite the terrible offensive line, he manages to make miracles.

Yesterday in the Super Bowl he made one of the most remarkable drives in NFL history, on the biggest stage possible. Two Super Bowls in five years speaks for itself. Brady wouldn't last a minute with an offensive line like this.

Ben fits everything a Pittsburgh player should be. Sure, he's big and strong, but he has the intelligence to go along with it. He's a classy guy, and hes a hard worker. He's a tough guy to hate.

I think Ben has already propeled himself into one of the better QB's, if not the best, in recent years. The guy flat out wins ball games, and he does it sometimes in the most remarkable ways. He never gets rattled and keeps his poise, he's truly a special player.

I hope nobody makes fun of me for the man crush I have on Big Ben. :tt03::tt::tt02:

Who's ready for 7?

Curtain_of_Steel
02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Agree with that 100%...

How about Disney inviting him to the parade anway? They said of shi!t didn't this Holmes guy do the bong with Phelps? Get us the clean cut chap too, lol

I think he got hosed on the MVP, someone has to pass the dam ball to the WR.

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 09:25 AM
All the media heads can say what they want but Ben is an elite qb. They can continue to puff the knob of Romo but he cant even begin to sniff Bens jock.

Chris Lipiec
02-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Golic is saying there are alot of QBs that could make those plays.

He said McNabb could do it. I doubt it.

McNabb had his chance against the Paytiolets and did not get it done
because he was tired. (at least that's what he said)

Ben directed a great drive.

SIX TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

scsteeler
02-02-2009, 09:36 AM
All the media heads can say what they want but Ben is an elite qb. They can continue to puff the knob of Romo but he cant even begin to sniff Bens jock.

You know the media has not given Ben credit for what he does as a QB. Hell they have all these other QB's are given Elite status such as Rivers, Palmer, and whats his name in Denver. If I remember correctly the Key thing for a QB is to win games and especially the Big games. All Ben has done is win those games.

The MVP could have gone either way. It was a hard choice and I felt that the MVP should have been shared by Ben and Santonio but I bet Ben could care less just as long as he won.

Ben is writing a history for himself and if he can 2 more Super Bowls then he will maybe get the credit he deserves.

kittenfantastico76
02-02-2009, 09:39 AM
He's the man - I agree completely!!! He's the ONLY QB for me as well!

scsteeler
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM

Not saying McNabb could not make those plays but he had his chance against the Cardinals in the NFC Championship and He fell short and Ben got it done.

I think the Media has certain QB's they love and Ben is just not top on their list.

stillers4me
02-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Ben deserved the MVP every bit as much as Santonio. But we won the game and I think Ben knows that he has redeemed himself in his own mind.

But hey.....if he feels he let the team down again in any way and wants to try for the award again next year, who are we to argue with him? :wink02:

jasonhightower
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
I think Ben is very content with his performance and doesn't need the MVP accolade to prove it. He's been a great young leader for this team.

PisnNapalm
02-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Folks... I knew back in Ben's rookie season that he was something special. I bought his jersey at the end of the 2004 regular season. Not a replica jersey either. I shelled out the big bucks for the stitched lettering and numbers.

He is as fierce a competitor as I've ever seen. Sometimes that may burn him because he tries so hard, but yesterday we saw his true spirit. He wasn't hampered by jitters or nerves. He just went out there and got it done.

Ben is my QB.

THANKS BEN!!!!

markymarc
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Ben is a "special" QB and most importantly knows how to win games. And anyone who thinks other NFL QBs could make the plays Ben does is just being stupid. And to think 10 teams passed on Ben back in 2004.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Just keep him off any motorcycles this off season and we have a great chance to make history again next season.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Just keep him off any motorcycles this off season and we have a great chance to make history again next season.

:rofl: I said the same thing when he was doin his interview with Boomer

SC Steeler Steve
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Folks... I knew back in Ben's rookie season that he was something special. I bought his jersey at the end of the 2004 regular season. Not a replica jersey either. I shelled out the big bucks for the stitched lettering and numbers.

He is as fierce a competitor as I've ever seen. Sometimes that may burn him because he tries so hard, but yesterday we saw his true spirit. He wasn't hampered by jitters or nerves. He just went out there and got it done.

Ben is my QB.

THANKS BEN!!!!

Me too, I have known since year one that Ben was the man. Hell during the draft I was praying that Ben was still available when we picked. A friend and myself talked about it leading up to thre draft that we thought Ben was gonna be the best QB in the draft and now he has proved it.

westcoastransplant
02-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Ben has never and will never be the flashy QB like Marino or Favre or Young or Brady but he gets the job done time and time again. I must admit I was a little deflated after the long TD, then I looked at the clock and saw a lot of time for Ben. I knoew at the very worst, he could push us into overtime. Now, he's got a drive that will last forever. Come Super Bowl 60, people will look back at the previous Super Bowls and this drive will always be remembered. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Frankie3521
02-02-2009, 05:06 PM

After hearing that I just lost all respect I had for Golic. That's just an ignorant thing to say.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 05:23 PM

McNabb chokes. He choked against the Pats 4 years ago, and he just choked again against the Cards - how many WIDE OPEN passes did McNabb miss by a mile in the most recent NFCCG? I'd take McNabb as a FF QB anyday over Ben due to the Eagles passing about 90% of the time, but in a real life championship game situation, I'd take Ben 100 times out of 100.

CLINZ
02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Brady and Ben are the best QB's in the NFL. For this team I'd take Ben. He fits into what the Steelers are doing.He makes the offensive line better ( which will get better with time and experience) then he will dominate. I see a couple more SB in the near future. Hail Ben.

Harrison92
02-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Like Terry Bradshaw did,Big Ben wins games and Superbowls!He is a winner through and through!

steelerchad
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I heard Golic say that also and I partly agree. McNabb could do it. (meaning he has the athletic ability). But, would he do it. I think probably not.

Mental toughness and being a fierce competitor in an extremely intense situation have alot to do with making that play and the entire drive for that matter.

I also had a similar thread to this one about a month ago. It was before the SD playoff game. I asked the question, if you could trade Ben even up for any QB would you do it. About 30 replies and noone would make a trade for any other QB.

Ben takes some heat at times, but when it comes down to it he just wins and everyone knows it. You could make a case that at this point Brady and P Manning are better QB's, but Ben's 26 and they're both over 30 and Brady's future is questionable with the injury.

We're very lucky to have Ben.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Ben is a winner, he's a gamer. He does what it takes to win games.

Brady and Manning couldn't scramble around and do the things that Ben does.

Neither one of them would have been able to scramble to the right and throw accross thier bodies to I think it was Holmes like Ben did last night.

Hell, Brady and Manning would have had thier seasons ended behind the Steelers offensive line.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah...............what if that QB was named "Ditka"???

DA........bearsdabearsdabearsdabearsdabears....... :rofl:

Ricco Suavez
02-02-2009, 05:57 PM
The media gave Big Ben a lot of love today. Hell i thought Steve Young was having an "O" about him last night, and he has never talked Ben up before. Colin Cowherd said he was top three in the league today and he shot down every caller who said otherwise. Finally I was listening to ESPN radio while working in Alabama today and some regional sports talk show came on and Savage formerly of the Browns was a guest on the show. He gave mad props to Ben and the Steeler organization. Oh BTW, Cowherd said Ben was the anti-Romo and that his 4th quarter ratings was the best in the NFL.

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Ben is the anti-Romo...I love it. :tt:

Harrison92
02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Brady and Manning are better QB's as far as putting up numbers is concerned but Big Ben is better overall because of how he plays.Big Ben is so tough.He kinda reminds me of Rocky in Rocky4.The Russian beat his ass all over the place but Rocky still won.Brady and Manning will never be tough like Big Ben.:tt02:

ricksteelers55
02-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Big Ben will beat Joe Montana's record of 31 4th QTR comeback he's turning 27 and already has 18

No way that Id trade him for any other QB

Montana
Elway
Brady
Manning
Aikman
Marino

He's my man and he already belongs to the hall of fame