PDA

View Full Version : How do you like Ben now?

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 09:21 AM
To the tune of Toby Keiths.."How do you like me now"

He was the criticized one
when he walked into the stadium
You'd boo him from your seat on on the 50 yard line
You were the critical one
saying "let me tell ya son.
Get another quarterback and we'll have a good time".

Too many records to mention
never caught your attention.
You still overlooked him somehow
How his 4th quarter drives
kept our teams hopes alive
You still expressed doubts often and loud.

So...How do you like Ben now?

How do you like Ben now,
Now that He's on his way?
Do you still think we're crazy
For saying here today?
He is one of the great ones...we always dreamed about
Winning a second Super Bowl
How do you like Ben now?

When we played Tennessee
You pointed at Big Ben and said .."See,
I knew Roethlisberger could never take us too far".
During the playoffs when teams came to town
You said that Ben would let us down,
He would take our dreams and tear them apart.

But he wins at home
and he wins on the road
And someday may end up in the hall
Now your Radio/Alarm clock is ringin
His praises they are singin..
Its ESPN... with your wake up call!

How do you like Ben now,
Now that He's on his way?
Do you still think we're crazy
For saying here today?
He is one of the great ones...we always dreamed about
Winning a second Super Bowl
How do you like Ben now?

(This is going to be stuck in the head of some of you..all day!!!)

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Wow, I LOVE IT! Yep, that tune will be in my head all day lol. Thank you for posting! :thumbsup::drink::tt03:

Chris Lipiec
02-02-2009, 09:26 AM
He can hold onto the ball untill next week if he would like.
That is not holding the ball. that is trying to make a play.

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!

Six time world champions!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Wow, I LOVE IT! Yep, that tune will be in my head all day lol. Thank you for posting! :thumbsup::drink::tt03:

Backfired....I got it stuck in my head now. :doh:

kittenfantastico76
02-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I love him even more...even without the Toby tune... (drills brain out so it doesn't get suck in there... my brain is a TOBY FREE zone!) Very cute though! GO BEN!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I love him even more...even without the Toby tune... (drills brain out so it doesn't get suck in there... my brain is a TOBY FREE zone!) Very cute though! GO BEN!

:chuckle:

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 09:20 AM
You know, Mr. Lost -Tooth, that song DID stick in my head ALL DAY and............while I was driving to the store yesterday I actually turned the radio station from ESPN to country music lol... and guess what song came on???? I couldn't believe it lol.

The_WARDen
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Isn't it funny that if his name was Ben Manning that he would have been the MVP after THAT drive??

devilsdancefloor
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/3/2/3/f_clappingm_72e71c4.gif

the crowd goes wild! bnice man glad i dont listen to toby so it isnt stuck in my head :flap:

Curtain_of_Steel
02-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Im sure and Ben will attest, give me 5 SB rings and never an MVP. He would not care.

In the end it will be undisputable to his value and legacy. We are actually there now.

BTW on the NFL network of was the little black guy sitting one in from the right? All week he ragged on Ben, than didnt man up on the interview. NFL network never puts up the names of the has beens they have on staff.

scsteeler
02-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Terry Bradshaw did not get MVP until his 3rd Super Bowl. Ben will get it on the next go round. I have always liked Big Ben he has toughness and knows how to win. If you like passing Stats then Ben will not always have those every year because he understands that winning is more important than having a great passing yards. Kurt Warner had amazing Super Bowl numbers but Ben got the W. " Ask Kurt which one would he rather have"

Since I mentioned Statistics I think one that should be talked about for Ben is his Wins and in Big games he has come through for us.

You Gotta love this guy. I am glad the Steelers Got him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-03-2009, 02:32 PM
You know, Mr. Lost -Tooth, that song DID stick in my head ALL DAY and............while I was driving to the store yesterday I actually turned the radio station from ESPN to country music lol... and guess what song came on???? I couldn't believe it lol.

sorry....sorry.....sorry.....sorry!!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Ben hold onto the ball to long!

:flap:
:rofl:

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Ben hold onto the ball to long!

:flap:
:rofl:

And he plays "sandlot" too much. :rolleyes:

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
And he plays "sandlot" too much. :rolleyes:

LOL!

He's got the benefit of a great running game too.

steelerdave1969
02-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I have always loved Ben and his playmaking ability and yes sometimes he holds on to the ball way too long, but I love the guy and I think he showed alot of heart in the last 2:37 of Super Bowl XLIII.

:tt02:

OX1947
02-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Ben has set himself apart from the good to the great. I do not see myself yelling at him anymore. I have accepted his game completely now. I just hope he can fine tune a few things and the Steelers can get the right tweaking on the line to help him have a 14 to 15 yr career instead of a 9 to 10 yr career. Thats all that matters now is that he has as healthy a career as possible.

I would like the Steelers to look at the 97 and 98 Denver Bronco team. That was a team that ran the ball very well yet got so many of those open seem passes to Rod smith, McCaffery and Sharpe. An offense like that would keep Ben safe and extremely balanced. If the Steelers can do that with the defense, with Tomlin's direction, 3 or 4 more rings isn't out of the question.

SteelersinCA
02-03-2009, 03:25 PM
If Mendenhall can come along nicely, we will be in great shape next year. The only glaring weakness I see is the short yardage goal line game. We solidify that and we are big time.