PDA

View Full Version : Woodley

steelpride12
02-02-2009, 09:59 AM
What is the situation in Woodley's contract. Im Feeling his jersey, but not if he is gonna get traded. Any News?

MDSteel15
02-02-2009, 10:02 AM
ARE YOU INSANE? Woodley isn't going anywhere for a long time.... He is the next "cornerstone" to our LB corp!

hudsonp
02-02-2009, 10:28 AM
he will not be traded, dont know what his contract looks like, but he will not be traded

Hines0wnz
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Have no fear and buy the jersey!

Galax Steeler
02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Woodley is the future for the steelers linebackers he will be here for a long time along with Timmons.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Woodley has 2 more years on his contract and I bet he gets an extension either now or next season.

Enjoy Harrison for one more year, because I don't think the Steelers can afford him after his deal is done in 2010.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm always leary buying any Steelers Linebacker Jersey...they eventually go to other teams...eventually...you got about 6 years for sure of him on this team however.

T Bradshaw
02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
2 sacks again yesterday

BrandonCarr39
02-02-2009, 11:56 AM
What is the situation in Woodley's contract. Im Feeling his jersey, but not if he is gonna get traded. Any News?

Every now and then on our board, we have discussions over whether we should have taken Woodley in the 2nd round, or was Anthony Spencer worth trading up to get in the 1st.

rbryan
02-02-2009, 12:45 PM
2 sacks again yesterday

That makes 4 postseason games in a row with at least 2 sacks. I'm sure that will get mentioned in the days to come. 3 was already a record.

TheManOfSteel
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
What is taking you so long to get his jersey? I have had his for at least 4 months now.

markymarc
02-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Woodley has 2 more years on his contract and I bet he gets an extension either now or next season.

Enjoy Harrison for one more year, because I don't think the Steelers can afford him after his deal is done in 2010.

I completely agree with your thoughts on Woodley and Harrison. James is earning himself a huge payday after the past 2 seasons. Woodley and Timmons are the future.

Kvnfaber
02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
He is one of the unsung hero's of this years run. 2 sacks in EVERY playoff game he has been in, and last year's he didn't even start.

He brought it when we needed it most. I ordered his jersey on Friday actually, and was glad to see him maintain his amazing playmaking consistency in the game on Sunday.

Here's to many more years of planting QB's in the ground!

Steeldude
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM

i think the steelers will give him a rather large contract. marvel smith's($6.6) and starks'($6.9) contracts are off the table now.

ward needs to restructure. his contract is a $8.55 mil cap hit in 2009.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
i think the steelers will give him a rather large contract. marvel smith's($6.6) and starks'($6.9) contracts are off the table now.

ward needs to restructure. his contract is a $8.55 mil cap hit in 2009.

I dont know if the Steelers will give Harrison a big payday considering he will 32 when his contract is up. I also think you will see some of that Smith and Starks money spent on a Free agent LT that will cost at least $5mil on the cap and money will be needed for McFadden, Miller, Holmes, Woodley in the next season or 2.

I agree that Ward will probably restructure a 3 year extension and only play another 2-3 seasons total. WR's gonna be Holmes, Ward, Sweed, rookie and maybe Baker.

PolamaluPower
02-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Another vote for buy the jersey. He's here to stay.

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Buy it i bought one and also bought a harrison!

Steeldude
02-03-2009, 01:15 AM
I dont know if the Steelers will give Harrison a big payday considering he will 32 when his contract is up. I also think you will see some of that Smith and Starks money spent on a Free agent LT that will cost at least $5mil on the cap and money will be needed for McFadden, Miller, Holmes, Woodley in the next season or 2.

true, but i feel he has low miles. i would hate to see him end up in our division. i think harrison is going to holdout if the steelers do not give him a new contract this off-season.

i have never been impressed with mcfadden. IMO, he doesnt make enough plays to warrant the big raise he has mentioned in the past.

miller is a must-sign. i wish the steelers would keep passing to him. seems they drift away from him at times.

holmes may be too much for the steelers now. i can't see them paying him and ward that kind of money. one of them might have to depart.

aren't the rooney's hurting for funds after buying out the other brothers?

OX1947
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Last thing any of us should worry about is who the Steelers retain or let go. What ever they do, they always make the right decision. I trust them to do the right thing and I am looking forward to talking about the draft and free agency knowing that we are World Champs. The only time the off season is bearable is when your team just won the Championship. Love it.

LVSteelersfan
02-03-2009, 01:40 AM
You people are hilarious with the jerseys. BUY THEM if you like the players. What difference does it make if they end up on another team? It is for posteriy and the HISTORY OF THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS. You can wear former players' jerseys with pride knowing that they did their all for the Steeler organization.

AllD
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
One of these days somebody is going to give a hometown discount and stay with the team to remain a winner. As long as they are respected and get a fair deal, why go anywhere else?

Joe Greene saved the team back in the 1970s when a few players were going to the WFL and he convinced them to remain in order to be a part of something bigger.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Woodley did a 4 year deal, Timmons a 5 year deal and Harrison did a 4 year deal in 2006.
Basically they need to re-up one of these guys each year for the next 3. Woodley would be restricted and costly for anyone to touch.

All 3 are going to be huge next year. Gonna be costly to keep, hopefully Harrrison remembers who gave him the shot, lol

rbryan
02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
IMO offer Harrison a deal now and extend him to 4yrs. Right now he has to wait 2 years for his next big payday. No way we can afford him once he's a FA.

I think this gets ugly if the FO forces him to play out his existing contract the next two years.

steelpride12
02-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Alright yes its official im buying the Woodley Jersey!

Cheppy
02-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Man, like I've said previously Woodley's contribution to this team can't be praised enough. 4 career playoff games, 8 sacks, a ton of qb pressures & quality pass coverage.. Unreal..

And during the Super Bowl clinching fumble he induced there were only 3 (f'ing 3) Steelers rushing the quarterback. His sheer determination on that singular play was flat-out incredible. What a glorious time for Steeler nation.

ricksteelers55
02-04-2009, 02:07 AM
mark this down...Woodley will spend his entire career as a pittsburgh steeler

when he was a kid he was a fan of the black n gold(JB was his idol),he always wanted to play for us so he will spend his career in the burgh

He signed a 4 year deal 2 years ago so there's still 2 years left in his contract.I think they will probably extend him after the next season

Fire Haley
02-04-2009, 02:12 AM
I like Gay

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fQh7bR7abcQK/610x.jpg

Galax Steeler
02-04-2009, 05:14 AM

holmes may be too much for the steelers now. i can't see them paying him and ward that kind of money. one of them might have to depart.

I seen a thing yesterday where Ward said he was here to stay and was going to retire as a steeler.

Boomerang
02-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Hope Woodley sticks around a long time he is the real deal.

HometownGal
02-04-2009, 06:44 AM
I don't think Woodley is going anywhere. He's made his mark here with the Steelers and I believe they will reward him handsomely for his efforts not only in the postseason, but in the regular season as well. Woodley is here to stay.