PDA

View Full Version : Key Play of the Game

mtsamuelson
02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
It's tough to pick just one, but...

...I think the play of the game took place on the game winning drive. No, it wasn't the Santonio Holmes 40-yard gainer to get the Steelers to the six yard line and it wasn't even the incredible catch by Holmes in the corner of the endzone.

In my opinion, the play of the game took place with two minutes and twenty-four seconds left on the clock - backed up to their own 12-yard line, 1st and 20 - Ben evades the pressure (like he did SO many times during this game and the season) to find Holmes for a 14-yard gainer and to put the Steelers in a manageable 2nd and 6.

Folks, let me tell you something. If Ben doesn't elude that pressure for that completion, the Steelers could have been looking at 2nd and 25 after the sack. That was a HUGE play. Without this play, I don't think we would have ever seen the 40-yard gainer or the incredible catch by Holmes.

Amazing. Simply an amazing games.

klick81
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Good point. I think I'll go with Harrison interception and return for 6. If he doesn't get that pick, the Cardinals likely go up 14-10, and get the ball back at the half.

Momentum will have been on their side by then, so a 21-10 lead by the Cardinals would not have been a far fetched possibility.

SuzyPeppercorn
02-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I will second Harrison's interception. Huge play!

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I was shouting at Ben, as usual, to get rid of that darn ball.

That's why he is a 2 SB Champ and I'm sitting at home picking my nose.

ifireun
02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I think Harrison's stunning Super Bowl record smashing play will go down as one of the greatest plays in SB history - dare I call it the "IMMACULATE INTERCEPTION"? :tt:

This was certainly the BEST SUPER BOWL GAME in history! :thumbsup: